Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Pagan spirtuality for males Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:39 pm
I don't know if any other guys feel as I do on this, but there is almost a complete lack of information, coverage, and support on men's spirtuality out there.
There is a lot of talk about the varrious roles that women play in Pagan faiths, religions, and philosophical thought. However, the topic of men's spirtuality seems almost ignored and largely unexplored.
Or maybe I'm just missing the information that is already out there.

Anyone have anything for me here?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:01 pm
Depends on what you call "men's spirituality".

See, if you're looking for pop-fluff, yeah, you're right. I know a lot of women personally who have turned to it because they really were just sick of male based religion (read: Christendom).

Beyond that, a number of religious pagan traditions have a lot to offer men. Mostly in the Recon Paths, but a number of Pop-Pagan authors have written books for men in the last ten years.

So, are you looking for recon or neo-paganism?  

TeaDidikai

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:50 pm
TeaDidikai
Depends on what you call "men's spirituality".

See, if you're looking for pop-fluff, yeah, you're right. I know a lot of women personally who have turned to it because they really were just sick of male based religion (read: Christendom).

Beyond that, a number of religious pagan traditions have a lot to offer men. Mostly in the Recon Paths, but a number of Pop-Pagan authors have written books for men in the last ten years.

So, are you looking for recon or neo-paganism?

Recon? I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm going to hope that is a short hand form of a term I already know.

I feel so out of place lately; I swear to gravy I used to know what the hell I was talking about. crying

All I know is I'm looking for an insightful read. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:52 am
A quick search and jumping on amazon gets me these"
Wicca for Men
The Pagan Man

Those are two I found right away (I also found some interesting books on Neopagan and Goddess prayer, but that is neither here nor there)

What do you see as Men's Mysteries? Are you thinking things like Mithraism, parts of Dionysia, what?  

maenad nuri
Captain

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:47 pm
Nuri
Wicca for Men
The Pagan Man

Those are two I found right away (I also found some interesting books on Neopagan and Goddess prayer, but that is neither here nor there)

What do you see as Men's Mysteries? Are you thinking things like Mithraism, parts of Dionysia, what?

crying crying crying My lack of knowledge is shameful. I must admit that I had to google and wiki both of those terms, for they were completely unfamiliar to me. crying crying crying

I actually wasn't speaking of "Mysteries" at all; I was really just speaking of something either geared for the masculine gender; granted, I've read mostly fluffy crap...

Still, it's kind of off putting when a lot of the books seem to want to talk about the GODDESS and the God. I mean, aren't they supposed to, I dunno, be equals?

I haven't really thought about "Men's Mysteries". While I've considered myself Pagan for damn near a decade (and suddenly I feel quite old), I haven't done a lot of formal study; most of what I do is tinkering with theology and philosophy inside my head.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:18 pm
Kuroiban
Nuri
Wicca for Men
The Pagan Man

crying crying crying My lack of knowledge is shameful. I must admit that I had to google and wiki both of those terms, for they were completely unfamiliar to me. crying crying crying

I actually wasn't speaking of "Mysteries" at all; I was really just speaking of something either geared for the masculine gender; granted, I've read mostly fluffy crap...

Still, it's kind of off putting when a lot of the books seem to want to talk about the GODDESS and the God. I mean, aren't they supposed to, I dunno, be equals?

I haven't really thought about "Men's Mysteries". While I've considered myself Pagan for damn near a decade (and suddenly I feel quite old), I haven't done a lot of formal study; most of what I do is tinkering with theology and philosophy inside my head.

Damn.. you were reading the good new age books.

Most of them that I've read were about the *thunderstoke storm earthquake*GODDESS*thuderstroke storm earthquake* and the *lets have sex now* God *more sex would be good*.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:56 pm
reagun ban
Kuroiban
Nuri
Wicca for Men
The Pagan Man

Most of them that I've read were about the *thunderstoke storm earthquake*GODDESS*thuderstroke storm earthquake* and the *lets have sex now* God *more sex would be good*.

Heh...I tend to avoid the "Have tantric revenge sex with your ex-lover, then turn them into a frog while manifesting a dragon" books.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:07 pm
Darnit. Nuri beat me to the couple titles off the top of my head.

Did you ever figure out which direction you're leaning?  

TeaDidikai

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:25 am
Kuroiban
reagun ban
Kuroiban
Nuri
Wicca for Men
The Pagan Man

Heh...I tend to avoid the "Have tantric revenge sex with your ex-lover, then turn them into a frog while manifesting a dragon" books.
*shiver* sounds like a D.J. Conway book...actually, not to far from Dancing with Dragons.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:21 pm
TeaDidikai
Darnit. Nuri beat me to the couple titles off the top of my head.

Did you ever figure out which direction you're leaning?

Had to wiki "Recon" as well... sweatdrop

I swear, by all that is sacred and holy, that I once knew what the "ef" I was talking about. stressed

I'm profoundly a fense sitter here. In another thread, I talked about how I like Bushido as a wonderful model for ethics and honor, but I feel the whole ritualistic suicide thing might be a wee bit uneeded in today's day and age.

Similarly, I believe things should be kept authentic, but allow the modern world to play it's part in the way things work; nothing should be absolutely static.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:07 am
Kuroiban
...I feel the whole ritualistic suicide thing might be a wee bit uneeded in today's day and age.

I couldn't disagree more.

Kuroiban
Similarly, I believe things should be kept authentic, but allow the modern world to play it's part in the way things work; nothing should be absolutely static.

You're gaijin aren't you.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:20 pm
Kuroiban

You're gaijin aren't you.

Yes. Haven't claimed otherwise.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:41 pm
reagun ban

I couldn't disagree more.
Inclined to agree within a cultural framework.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:34 am
Kuroiban

True, however, I find it a tad innappropriate for gaijin to comment on Japanese cultural groups in exactly the same way it irritates the hell out of me when non-Celts do it with the Celts.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:31 pm
reagun ban
Kuroiban

True, however, I find it a tad innappropriate for gaijin to comment on Japanese cultural groups in exactly the same way it irritates the hell out of me when non-Celts do it with the Celts.

In that case, why do we have sociologists and anthropologists?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff