Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Yaoi- It goes WAY back folks Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Riosin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:38 pm
Me and my friend Jesse were watching Samurai Champloo and Kenshin DVD's and to my surprise she kept yelling *cough* insults at the makers of these fine samurai animes and here's a tid bit opf why.-

Jesse: Wrong >.>
Me: What is?
Jesse: A bunch of these samurai animes...*sounds pissed*
Me: err...why?
Jesse: Not enough gay
Me: ...the hell?
Jesse: *goes into LOOONG explaination about 'shudo', the common samurai class practice were a apprentice samurai would be the older more experienced samurai's lover for a few years while under their wing*
Me:...woah

A few days after I found this ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_Japan ) read it and be amazed on how rich the history of yaoi is. *lol*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:11 pm
Wow O.O  

Hopeless_Knight

Interesting Friend

Dreaming2Escape

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:06 pm
I have no idea what to say....  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:12 pm
Didn't they explain something like that in an episode of Samurai Champloo? With the guy....was he from Germany?

I don't remember it really clearly. They said something around those lines, but nothing about the actual aprentice becoming the lover. Hmm, who would've known.  

Kukucs Keetleen

Rock Paper Tofu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:24 pm
Nibzo
Didn't they explain something like that in an episode of Samurai Champloo? With the guy....was he from Germany?

I don't remember it really clearly. They said something around those lines, but nothing about the actual aprentice becoming the lover. Hmm, who would've known.
Oh the guy, I think from Holland, was talking about Bushido; a type of sword play, which doesen't allow females to learn the type of art. Only men were allowed and that they grew attached together when thet learned the art, and Bushido was made a really long time ago. domokun  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Woah...

That explains a lot >>  

Yo_Landa

DeniedUltraSex

1,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:15 pm
That's crazy.
Hahahaha, I like history for those reasons. :3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:36 pm
Nibzo

Hmmm...didn't see that episode. Do you know the ep number?  

Riosin

Hopeless_Knight

Interesting Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:47 pm
-plans on writing slash now- Woot!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:05 am
It says that sometimes it was viewed as the purest form of love.

If only society thought that way now.

TreGuinness

SmexyOnlyForShay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:07 am
Rio Ri
Nibzo

Hmmm...didn't see that episode. Do you know the ep number?

I don't know episode numbers, but I saw the episode too.

Some foriegner made Foo and them show him around the town they were at and when they went to a play, the foriegner really liked the pretty "lady" main character. After the play, they went backstage, and the foreigner saw the boy turn around still with make-up. (who had been dressed as the woman) The foreigner blushed happily and said something along the lines of, "You're a guy? That's even better!" And then the weird narrator took over and showed images of edo period and explained how homosexuality was more common that straight or something like that. >.> -not very good at explanations-

The foreigner was pretty ugly though, so it was just faintly amusing.

In another episode though, one of my favorites, Jin falls in love with a woman working as whore to work off her husbands debts. Jin takes Moogen's money and says he needs it to buy a woman. Later Foo freaks out over it cuz she's jealous, and Moogen comments off- handedly that he's glad, cuz for a while there, he was wondering if Jin was gay or something. XD as if it were perfectly normal that he might be.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:12 am
TreGuinness

I thought that standpoint was more prevalent in the times of ancient greece.

Heh, maybe it's both. It's all good.

Kitsune-chi

Keshi_Emeraldeye

2,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:27 am
thats true, but i dont trust wikipedia for any serious research considering its a comunity compiled resource and it is relatively easy to change the articles in there and thus make them false or misleading.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:06 am
Kitsune-chi
TreGuinness

I thought that standpoint was more prevalent in the times of ancient greece.

Heh, maybe it's both. It's all good.
The more civilisations [spelling?] who think it, the better! ^___^  

Hopeless_Knight

Interesting Friend

Fly_bitch_Fly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:19 am
lets move to japan  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash