Peter Pan is
  the town's hottest salesman
  a boy
  Wendy's boyfriend ^-^
  uh..........poll whore?
View Results

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:28 pm
Back of the cover ( a little bit of info on the inspiration of the book) : The character of Peter Pan first came to life in the stories J.M. Barrie told to five brothers---three of whom were named Peter, John, and Michael. Peter Pan is considered one of the greatest children's stories of all time and continues to charm readers one hundred years after its first appearence as a play in 1904.

You love the book, right?

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:29 pm
Well, I like Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens, okay, but I tend to think of it more as a play than a book. Not that there's anything WRONG with that (fantasy movies certainly get their fair share of discussion in this guild, and I really like the play.)

There's a couple versions of the play I've run into, but my favorite is where Captain Hook demands his men play a Tarantella in order to help him think. I can't remember if that's the original one, performed in Edwardian London, or not. Probably not.  

Harbone

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:02 pm
That's a weird part. I remember seeing part of one of the plays on tv where a blonde haired woman played peter. I like the movie versions of Peter Pan better.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:37 pm
Hmmm... I wonder if that was Mary Martin or Sandy Duncan you saw on TV, they both played the role in the stage musical for many years. (Sandy Duncan was spokesperson for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Because of it, as I recall.)  

Harbone

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:40 pm
Which one did it in the 1990's?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:21 pm
Harbone
Hmmm... I wonder if that was Mary Martin or Sandy Duncan you saw on TV, they both played the role in the stage musical for many years. (Sandy Duncan was spokesperson for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Because of it, as I recall.)

I used to have the Mary Martin one... I think. I liked it a lot when I was a kid. biggrin I also loved the book. I remember reading it eight times in one day. sweatdrop I have no idea what possessed me to do that, but I was very proud of my accomplishment.  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:03 pm
You read it eight times in one day??? I wouldn't do that, I'd get tired of the book. eek eek eek surprised surprised surprised  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:46 pm
Yeah, it's a wonder I didn't get sick of it. xd  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:11 am
And what a wonder it is. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:59 pm
Actually, I read and re-read the Wizard of Oz and the Patchwork Girl of Oz several times in one weekend and didn't get sick of them. Some stuff just sticks with you. Peter & Wendy is like that. You might try reading The Little White Bird, if you can find it. It's the book where Barrie first wrote Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens, if I recall correctly.

Actually, I just read an article about "Uncle Jim" in Realms of Fantasy Magazine, but I can't recall the issue. One of the spring or summer months in 2005, I think.  

Harbone

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:06 pm
hmm....Interesting.... stare  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:42 pm
Yes, I know, you never actually read my long responses. But I'm not insulted. If I stopped lecturing everytime someone got bored, I never would have taught all those guys I toutored to flunk their classes.

Also, I'm posting this to bring the thread up above some of the locked ones, in case there are any more fans of the plucky little Scotsman who wrote Peter Pan.  

Harbone

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:37 pm
hmmmmmmmm i like the movie finding neverland does that count? oh and the new peter pan movie  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:55 pm
I hope so, I'm pretty sure Finding Neverland is about Barrie's relationship with the Whites. It was the White boys, wasn't it?  

Harbone

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:10 am
correct  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items