Reply Rude Discussion
I'm having trouble with my skanking... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x MoonlightAngel x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:58 pm
I just tried skanking a while ago.. And I, sadly, am having trouble.
For some reason.. I just dont feel like I'm doing it right. I've been to 2 websites with proper instructions on how to skank, but that didn't help me much.
I feel so ashamed that I am not able to do this lovely dance.. So I thought maybe you guys could give me some tips or.. something. redface

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:07 pm
i can't help..i think i'm having the same problem. *tear tear*  

AquabatLady

GIoom
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:51 pm
x MoonlightAngel x
For some reason.. I just dont feel like I'm doing it right. I've been to 2 websites with proper instructions on how to skank, but that didn't help me much.
I feel so ashamed that I am not able to do this lovely dance.. So I thought maybe you guys could give me some tips or.. something. redface
the fact is...there is no wrong way to skank. At a ska show any funny dance with energy will do. The more bizarre the better.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:54 pm
VashZero5
x MoonlightAngel x
the fact is...there is no wrong way to skank. At a ska show any funny dance with energy will do. The more bizarre the better.

Yeah.. I guess you're right..

x MoonlightAngel x

Plumbarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:00 pm
There really isn't a perfect skank, you just dance the dance you feel inside. If its not a cowded show and I have enuff room, i'll do the normal one,two skank step as a move my arms left to right as i skank.

If its crowded, I just dance like brak from space ghost with his thumbs in the air.

Don't be shy about how you dance, you'll look worse if you stand there not dancin. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:05 pm
Rats_have_rights
There really isn't a perfect skank, you just dance the dance you feel inside. If its not a cowded show and I have enuff room, i'll do the normal one,two skank step as a move my arms left to right as i skank.

If its crowded, I just dance like brak from space ghost with his thumbs in the air.

Don't be shy about how you dance, you'll look worse if you stand there not dancin. 3nodding

Yeah. I think I got it now..

whee *Skanks the way she feels inside* whee

x MoonlightAngel x

Plumbarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:28 pm
-skank to the beat- heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:03 am
yeah, there is no right or wrong way to skank, as it is the most sexually unalluring dance in the world, so just do whatever!  

girl_no_13

nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:20 am
Man, don't worry about how you skank. Just do it.

I remember I used to do this kick-sway-windmill arm thing, and people LOVED it. There were people asking me if it was a first wave ska kind of thing.

Just get on the floor and skank like mad, do whatever you feel.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:00 pm
I felt the EXACT same way the first time I started skanking, and then I went to my first ska show, jumped in doing my crazy thing and discovered the best thing about rudies: They don't care as long as you're trying and having a good time.

I still felt like a jackass, but I've gotten better, if there's such thing in the land of ska. More or less, I just feel better in my mind doing it. Too bad there's not enough ska shows in Jersey for me to skank to. sweatdrop So I'm stuck skankin in the hall with my bro blasting music from his computer.  

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

Rudie Cant Fail

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:33 am
nitroglycerin

I remember I used to do this kick-sway-windmill arm thing, and people LOVED it. There were people asking me if it was a first wave ska kind of thing.

Yo usee, I don't think that you're correct stressed I skank in every style, but if you can't find the beat (like me) Then you're just screwed. Some old guy with a mohawk kept on lecturing me how to skank at a Pietasters concert sweatdrop

It makes me sweat like a pig too sad  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:07 pm
Rudie Cant Fail
nitroglycerin

Yo usee, I don't think that you're correct stressed I skank in every style, but if you can't find the beat (like me) Then you're just screwed. Some old guy with a mohawk kept on lecturing me how to skank at a Pietasters concert sweatdrop

It makes me sweat like a pig too sad

Ah, but see, I never have trouble finding the beat. I can't relate.

And you should have told that a*****e to ******** off double time before you ******** his head. I DON'T, for one, appreciate being told how to dance, and neither should you.  

nitroglycerin

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:31 am
The only bad way to skank is when you hit other innocent people in the head. I like it when people start waltzing in the pit and stuff, its funny!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:40 am
Ooh, there was this screamo-ska band? They were just terrible.

It was rediculous to try to dance to. They kept changing styles ever few seconds. So some kid and I would skank, then, when they stopped to scream, we'd stand up, lean back, throw our hands in the hair and make really exaggerated faces.

The band and their idiot fanbase got mad at us but they can deal with it. It was just awful. gonk  

Fanta08

Plumbarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:45 am
Lyd
Ooh, there was this screamo-ska band? They were just terrible.

It was rediculous to try to dance to. They kept changing styles ever few seconds. So some kid and I would skank, then, when they stopped to scream, we'd stand up, lean back, throw our hands in the hair and make really exaggerated faces.

The band and their idiot fanbase got mad at us but they can deal with it. It was just awful. gonk

Screamo = gonk

Alot of my friends love that stuff, I can't staind it. Every song is the same, " LETS SEE HOW LOUD I CAN SCREAM INTO THE MICROPHONE!!!!! RAWRAWRAWRAW JGKJFRFDYTDUIOFYRYTREYT BLAAAAAAAHHHHHH BLAHHHHHHH ROAR ROAR ROAR DEMON DEMON DEMON....ect"

Hearing about a screamo ska band really just took a crap in my cereal.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff