Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Warriors Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Regeane42

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:16 am
Has anyone read the warriors series? It's really good. It's hard to explain, but it's about cats... *sigh* L~ren was right, i do suck at explaining things. Anyways, the site, if you want to look into it, is warriorcats.com  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:36 am
I've read books one and two of the new prophecy. I actually enjoyed them and they remind me strongly of Brian Jacques. I'm trying to get enough money to but the rest of the new prophecy and I'd like to find the first series.  

VirmarIanosian

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:20 pm
I read the very first book, Into the Wild, I believe it was. It wasn't a bad book... but I'm not reading the other ones. It's just not my sort of thing. Watership Down, I love. Redwall was okay. This one I just didn't like.  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:53 pm
VirmarIanosian
I've read books one and two of the new prophecy. I actually enjoyed them and they remind me strongly of Brian Jacques. I'm trying to get enough money to but the rest of the new prophecy and I'd like to find the first series.
I might read those, I love Brain Jacques' books.  

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

VirmarIanosian

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:47 pm
Obsessed:

The books are by Erin Hunter and she seems just as good as Jacques. I would highly recommend that.  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:39 pm
Hmmm... I've read the Warriors, but I didn't like most of the dialogue, which was full of my least favorite fantasy tropes, or even the book's general philosophy very much. Then again, I'd just finished reading Watership Down, so perhaps my expectations were a bit skewed.

Sorry, just responding to show that I followed someone's suggestions. Wish I'd had something more positive to add.  

Harbone

Dizzy_Dizo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:06 pm
i just finished reading the 6th book of the original series and love the books. totaly obsesd! what did you think when scourge couldn't kill firestar(ok, technigaly he did) but yet he could take all nine lives at once from tigerstar? TIGERSTAR!!!!! anywayz, my favorite warrior is sandstorm. any opinions? fave warriors?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:22 pm
I've read all the books in that series. I'm waiting for the second book of the power of three to come out. I like them alot, I'm very addicted. It makes me a little sad each time she starts over tho. she writes six books, then starts over with new charatures. My favorite charature so far is Jaypaw. He's a charature from the power of three. Then again i like Firestars daughters. But IDK I like alot of them.  

Lady Amica

Dizzy_Dizo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:20 pm
do you know when its due to come out?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:13 pm
i love all the warrior books. my favorits is the new prophacy.i haven't got around to the power of three though.  

Phantasmagoric_001

Dapper Dabbler

MinervaEvenstar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:37 am
I read the entire original series and loved it. I got New Prophecy for Christmas, so I'll get around to that soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:40 am
I have the first book of the original series I think , but I never got around to reading it. Guess it's time to try again.  

Tarantellatears

Not a Baller

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:32 pm
I own and have read all the ones released so far (Into the Wild, Fire and Ice, Forest of Secrets, Rising Storm, A Dangerous Path, The Darkest Hour, Midnight, Moonrise, Dawn, Starlight, Twilight, Sunset, The Sight, Dark River, Outcast, Firestar's Quest, Secrets of the Clans). More than half of them are first edition and several are signed by "Erin Hunter" (Victoria, basically).

I started reading the series when Into the Wild was still new and have kept up with it since. I LOVE the first 6 books, but The New Prophecy struck me as bland. By the time Sunset was released, I started to lose faith in the authors, and my faith wasn't restored until I read Outcast.

A Dangerous Path is my favorite and Firestar's Quest is by far my least favorite.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:44 pm
I loved the first series, and didn't think that The New Prophecy was anything that good. I haven't started Power of Three yet but I will get to it eventually.

I have a few books signed by Victoria from a book signing from one of the new books. She's a bit crazy in person, hehe!  

Lunar Kissed

PimpCentric

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:47 pm
I haven't read it but if it's the books I think they are I saw them at the bookstore just the other day and they did look interesting. Unfortunatly I have to be very picky about what books I buy because I can't afford to buy nearly as many books as I can read. However, I may just look into this series.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff