Reply kpopFANS
Kpop Versus American pop Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

adorkable-1

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:12 am
I was just wondering what you guys think about Korean pop culture versus American pop culture, what similarities they share and their differences, what you like and dislike? And whether or not you think they would make it in the U.S. and of course, why you think they would. Oh and this is sorta off the topic but I'm from the U.S. and I was wondering if Korea has a Valentines day or not...and to add to that, if they do, do they had out cards or do they hand out cake like how the japanese do it? Because in the U.S. we hand out cards and I know that they make cards with celebrities on it (example: Britney Spears V-day cards)...and I was just thinking that would be awesome if Korea made BoA valentine cards! I'd buy them by the box lol! JK biggrin

*ahem* Anyways back to the topic. I've been listenig to kpop for almost 6 years...and I'm not even korean and I don't even understand any of it but I still love it unfortunately I still believe that they wouldn't make it in the U.S. but I could be wrong....(let's hope so huh?). What I like about kpop is that they actually dance and not just have a whole video focused on their face, which to me can be pretty boring. Okay wow I feel like I've written a lot so I'll just end my post here cause I don't want everyone to get bored of me typing but if you wanted to know my opinions about anything I wrote just ask... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:41 am
I'm not certain because I am from Australia but I think they have Valentines day and White day. =]

Valentines day is when the guy gives the girl stuff I think?

White day is when the girls give chocolates and stuff to the boys. <3

Well, I don't like American Pop...basically because I disapprove the raunchy shows LOL. I like a few songs...but Rihanna, Chris Brown and Ne-Yo rocks. <3 Though that is kind of RnB. x3  

Teh Eve

f a n g i r l

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:43 pm
i dont like american pop either. . . but i do admit, ive been through the nsync, backstreet boys, brittney spears stage. . . .lol. but yeah, i agree that some korean stars would be able to make it in the u.s. but thats true for chinese, japanese, and any other kind of nationality. like i cant picture boa on american idol or anything. i feel that she would get kicked out sooner or later. i think in america, its harder to become a star. some people in japan cant even sing, but make it anyways over there.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:03 pm
hmmm. . .i think that american pop is good. . . i do not really listen to it much, but it is still good. . . .i guess i like asian pop because they do more dancing and the music videos are way way more interesting. . i guess i like the music videos more than the songs itself. . . american music is a big hit in asia. . so i guess thats why i enjoy it too. . hmmm. . i think that some asian stars can make it in america because some of them are really good at what they do. . . but american singers they probably will make it in asia because everyone loves them stars. . but they probably can not sing a word of anyother lanuauge. . i hope that does not sound weird. . . wow i wrote alittle compared to all you people. . oh well. ..

[schizophrenic]

Chatte Noire

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:44 am
I think both American pop and Korean pop are good. I would like to see K-pop become more popular in the U.S., so that way I won't have to go to the local Korean store to find CDs, and even then they don't have very much...  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:00 am
I don't like American pop for some reason. Maybe...cause of the lyrics? No idea though, and like you, I love Kpop, but I don't understand a thing. xD; (and maybe that's actually good...<.<;; ).

@Evey - Hmm...well, in Japan it's Valentine's Day for girl gives chocolates to guy; White Day for guys give caramel chocolates or anything 'white' to girls.

Darek Khort

maicuu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:43 am
One of the things I love best about K-pop and J-pop is that I don't have to worry much about stupid lyrics; since I'm not fluent in either language I can appreciate the songs for themselves and not obsess over the stupidity of the lyrics. American song lyrics are really starting to go down the toilet.

example: Sean Paul's Temperature
"I got the right temperature to shelter you from the storm Oh Lord girl I got the right tactics to turn you on and I wanna be the papa you can be the mom"

stressed Ack!

Of course there's occasional english word or phrase in asian music, but they keep it simple and it usually just helps to add a story to the songs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:46 am
Chatte Noire
I think both American pop and Korean pop are good. I would like to see K-pop become more popular in the U.S., so that way I won't have to go to the local Korean store to find CDs, and even then they don't have very much...

and they're all bootleg half the time.

the Korean store near me has great prices, but i bought a Bi/Rain cd and the last 10 songs on the second disc didn't play at all, and it was bootleg. pirate You couldn't tell from the outside, everything looked official, until you opened it up and looked at the cd itself. cry

maicuu

adorkable-1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:01 pm
orientalxbaby
hmmm. . .i think that american pop is good. . . i do not really listen to it much, but it is still good. . . .i guess i like asian pop because they do more dancing and the music videos are way way more interesting. . i guess i like the music videos more than the songs itself. . . american music is a big hit in asia. . so i guess thats why i enjoy it too. . hmmm. . i think that some asian stars can make it in america because some of them are really good at what they do. . . but american singers they probably will make it in asia because everyone loves them stars. . but they probably can not sing a word of anyother lanuauge. . i hope that does not sound weird. . . wow i wrote alittle compared to all you people. . oh well. ..

I agree with you about the music videos...kpop/jpop videos are way better than american pop because for one thing you actually see them dancing and not just screen shots of the singers face/butt lol or something like that question  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:06 am
Korea has Valentines Day. I have no idea what White Day is though. ._.

And the similarities between Korean Pop and American Pop in my opinion is that both focuses quite a lot on dance but I think K-Pop does more than American Pop. Mostly Korean Pop is about dancing.

Their differences may be that one is from the east while the other is from the west? xD Haha. I think K-Pop's a bit too soft. Asian music has always been rather soft compared to western music. So yeah.

I prefer K-Pop more though. Much more sweeter and softer.

K-Pop

Teh Eve

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:46 am
@adorkable: O_O do you by any chance go on soompi  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:16 pm
hmmm. . yes yes. . .i think that old american songs are better than the new ones because the american music from when i was younger had more meaning and sounded better than american music now and i guess the asian music are getting better. . .

[schizophrenic]

maicuu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:44 am
K-Pop
Korea has Valentines Day. I have no idea what White Day is though.

White Day is the reverse of Valentines Day.
On Valentines Day girls give guys chocolates and love letters etc.
On White Day guys give girls sweets, but everything must be white (white chocolate, stuffed pandas, whatever)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:08 am
the words in the songs are so much more...nice compared to American music  

ngy922

Generous Businesswoman

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ngy922

Generous Businesswoman

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:10 am
maicuu
K-Pop
Korea has Valentines Day. I have no idea what White Day is though.

White Day is the reverse of Valentines Day.
On Valentines Day girls give guys chocolates and love letters etc.
On White Day guys give girls sweets, but everything must be white (white chocolate, stuffed pandas, whatever)
white day? rofl when i read that, i just thought of something totally different  
kpopFANS

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff