Reply Rude Discussion
Ever get made fun of? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x MoonlightAngel x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:38 pm
Anyone ever make fun of you when you told people you listened to ska? Did you ever get the, "Ska?! What the heck is that?!", response?

I have. And it doesnt bother me one bit. I love how most people dont listen to it.. Cause I'm so sick of all the stuff that people listen to today.

Anyone agree with me?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:55 pm
Well, I have gotten the 'Ska Sucks!' responce often. Then I b***h and question until they crack and state that it was one song from one band that made them hate Ska. Bastards. And many people have never even heard of it. They are all like 'whats your favorate genre of music', i'm like 'ska' and they are like 'What the hell is that?'
Annoying as hell. x_X  

lord of yam

Wheezing Man-Lover

16,100 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100

x MoonlightAngel x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:11 pm
Yamato Kuroshin
Well, I have gotten the 'Ska Sucks!' responce often. Then I b***h and question until they crack and state that it was one song from one band that made them hate Ska. Bastards. And many people have never even heard of it. They are all like 'whats your favorate genre of music', i'm like 'ska' and they are like 'What the hell is that?'
Annoying as hell. x_X

Yep..  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:27 pm
yeah I hate trying to describe ska to someone who has never heard of ska. It's just something is ska or it isn't. I just know what is and what isn't. It's kinda hard to explain the feeling I have for the music.

If I try to explain to people what it is musically (where the beat lies and all), I just get the strangest expressions. In that case people get more confused than before. It's one of those styles where you either get it or you don't get it.  

GIoom
Vice Captain

GLKilowog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:42 pm
I have many times gotten the "WHAT THE HECK IS SKA?!?!" response and when I try to explain it they're like "wow that sounds stupid." also a few days ago I was skanking in the corner where me and my friends eat lunch and i was skanking to the music in my head and people walked by and were like "what the hell are you doing?". I of course responded "skanking" to which they replied "haha you're a skank." Sometimes you just want to beat people with a rubber hose until they can't move their legs.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:52 pm
GLKilowog
I have many times gotten the "WHAT THE HECK IS SKA?!?!" response and when I try to explain it they're like "wow that sounds stupid." also a few days ago I was skanking in the corner where me and my friends eat lunch and i was skanking to the music in my head and people walked by and were like "what the hell are you doing?". I of course responded "skanking" to which they replied "haha you're a skank." Sometimes you just want to beat people with a rubber hose until they can't move their legs.

That happens to me a lot. It's ok, let the ******** act witty and cool. They are gonna be the ones in 10 years that work in a fast food job  

King Of The Ska
Captain

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:02 am
GLKilowog

yeah, its trying to explain skanking that really confuses people, mostly i get made fun of for being a fangirl or a goth, cos peole just dont know what ska is. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:08 pm
The easiest way to explain ska is just say "Ever heard of Reel Big Fish Or Mighty Mighty Bosstones?" If they say yes, say "That's ska." If they say no, say "It's like a more upbeat version of reggeae."

As for skanking, just... don't even bother. Say "It's the dance you can't resist!" xd  

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

Serial Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:24 pm
Especially around here people don't know about ska. There's like, 5 ska bands I've heard of in the WHOLE COUNTRY? I just answer "Hardcore-punk and ska", then I get the answer "Ska?". I hate it...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:26 pm
Then, people will be like "Ska is so stupid" and they havent even heard one ska song. That pisses me off..  

x MoonlightAngel x

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:28 pm
yeah, thats annoying as hell! Or when people think Less Than Jake invented ska......  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:15 pm
Hmm well i agree, Ska is something that just cant be explained. People ask often and if you even make a mere attempt to explain then they look like you just tried to explain something like quantum physics or something. hah quite amusing. However we should be annoyed or hate the fact that people just dont understand, just just shows that they are deprived little children, instead we should help them and show them and teach them what it is instead of shunning them and laughing at them. and if they still hate it...then thats their choice, not my problem! smile I'll just skank by myself! xp mmhmm yup

<3 Ariana Rae  

ArianaRae

OMG Supa Kawaii

1,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:25 pm
You wouldn't belive how many kids ask "What's ska?" to me. It came to a point where i was so sick of explaining it. So now when every some one asks "What's ska?" i just relpy "It's flippin' awesome."

My (emo) friends make fun of me cause i listen to it but i don't take s**t from them, i mean They listen to MCR FOR CHRIST SAKE! my friend kept bugging me over and over saying "Ska is dead! no one likes ska any more" oh and just to let you know she's a very non-conformist person so i just told her "Well at least im not in the trend of crying of some shitty bands pathedic life." which shut her up.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:44 pm
i hate peope around here. people ask me what music i listen to, i say ska. i either get
1. what is ska?
2. is that a band?
3. you listen to ska, hey guys! this kid listens to ska! hahaha!
its annoying. one kid i thought there was hope, i told him i liked ska, and his response was one of somebody who knows what it is..
me: i like ska
him: whoa! you like ska
me: yeah
him: i didnt know ska existed anymore, i didnt know anybody liked it...
and yes, people make fun of me for ska...especially when i skank in public or at parties to random songs that arent even ska. i was at this one party, and some random metal song came on, me and my friend were so bored, we started skanking, and all everyone could say was "i think they are ska'ing (this is not a typo, thats what they call it)  

The Jace

AquabatLady

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:16 pm
yeah, i agree with all of you. my mom describes it to others as "headache music" when the only times she's heard it is when i'm listening to it loudly in my room. pretty much the only people that like, or have heard ska are some of the "punks" and my friends. i also get asked if ska is a band. i'm sorta glad that not many people know about it..i don't want it to get really popular. that would be weird. i just want to force my brothers to like it for the sake of me not having to listen to Sugarcult. anyways..a short story:
one time at my school they randomly had a DJ at lunch and played some of that crappy MTV music. well, me and my friends pretty much skanked the whole time until Yellowcard came on---then we moshed. xd and it was pretty funny when "1985" by Bowling for Soup came on the whole cafeteria was singing it.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff