Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Star Wars] To slash or not to slash...? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

counter
  +1
View Results

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:54 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:52 pm
Nothing is untouchable anymore! Hmm, I've never really thought about it to be truthful. Although the idea of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan sounds yummy... Is there a fandom for that pairing?

My favorite SW book would have to be The Courtship of Princess Leia. I thought it was a great read. It inspired the idea of a FF/SW cross-over fanfic, which I haven't really gotten around to writing... but someday!  

Lunar Kissed

Yofiel

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:30 pm
I dont remember much of starwars, and I was never a huge fan of it, so its hard for me to say ^_^;
From what I remember of the earlier movies, there was some Han Solo/Luke potential... Untill he went and fell in love with Leia that is >.>

eeh... I liked Obi-Wan and Anikin but I cant really see them as a couple...  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:05 pm
I'm a diehard yaoi fan, but Star Wars just doesn't go for me. >_> Sorry to get all sentimental here, but it's something me and my dad both have a love for (not yaoi, star wars) and I really don't want to ruin that. So please, please please, don't show me any pictures! xD

That was my rant for the evening. Thank you for reading and have a nice life.

Kaikaku

Aen Veritate

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:57 am
Wow! I can't think of a good Yaoi pairing for Star Wars! sweatdrop Yeah.... So I think I'm gonna wander for a bit more. Star wars! You have Defeated me once again!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:03 pm
The thing with Star Wars is that there aren't any pairings that really stick. I mean, Han and Luke... it just doesn't fit. And while Obi-wan and Anakin has some slight, and I mean veeery slight, possibility... there's just not enough magnetivity (best way to describe what's in my head... sorry sweatdrop ) to make it worthy of slashing. Although that could be because Hayden Christiansen (sp?) can't act to save his live (at least in my humble opinion as a theater performer)  

Aari-chan

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:04 am
Aari-chan
Although that could be because Hayden Christiansen (sp?) can't act to save his live (at least in my humble opinion as a theater performer)

I am forced to agree with you on this point. Not only was the story horrible by the last film, but whoever did the casting for them should be punished for putting the fans through it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:20 am
It wouldn't have been that bad if they had just gotten better actors for certain roles, like Anakin. and I disliked the second one more than the third. THAT was pure agony. George Lucas knows how to write a fantastic sci-fi film, but he's hopeless when it comes to romance in them... Oh. Another thing that they obviously didn't realize is that a woman about to give birth to twins does NOT look like she's only five months pregnant with a single child! Ack! Okay... I'm good now.  

Aari-chan

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:38 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:44 pm
I love Star Wars slash. Not so much Qui Gon/Obi Wan 'cos they had way too much of a father/son relationship going on, but Anakin/Obi Wan is cute. I've also read some really sweet Obi Wan/redeemed!Darth Maul fic in the past. It sounds weird, which it is, but it's still good!

Plus a bit of Luke/Han Solo - when I saw the films as a kid Leia was my hero, Han... was not. So I've never found it hard to split them up for fic reading purposes! Lol.

Aeronwyn

14,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cheerleader 200

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:45 pm
I don't see why Lucas would need to create any more SW films when he keeps releasing special editions of the original trilogy. Is the man riding on the success of his legendary films because he can't make anything good nowadays or something?

Can we all agree that Yoda using his lightsaber in episodes II and III was awesome though? ^_^

Slicing off the hands in episode III got old really fast. Yeah, yeah, we got it the first time!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:48 pm
As much as I love slash (And anyone who knows me would know how much that is) I cannot stand the though of star wars being slashed gonk It's just one of those things that is absolutely flawless as it is, and doesn't need slash to make it any more delicious. Plus, I saw a Han Solo/Chewbaca fic once...that pretty much turned me off on the whole 'slashing star wars' for life.

apocalypse-song

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:41 pm
I am a huge star wars fan I've read the books and seen the movie and i ADORE Obi wan/Anikin its soo cute! Ohand if anyone has ever read the jedi apprentice books? I love Xanatos/Obiwan read the books; Xanatos was Qui-gons old apprentic turned bad before he picked Obi-wan.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:51 am
I loved the jedi apprentice books. I can't find them anywhere anymore and although I'm a bit to old to be reading them now I would like to fill in the holes in my collection. As for Star Wars slash, I really don't see to many of them being very good. Although I wouldn't mind trying an Obi-wan/Qui-gon.  

Mandalorian Angel

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:03 pm
Wow, there's a lot of people who don't like slashing SW.

I kinda have to say that I'm with them. I used to love the first movie as a kid, and I always like thought that Luke and Leia were a cute couple. (Even past when I found out they were related.)

But other than that, romance doesn't really seem to be the point of SW. I've read a couple SW slashfics, but I didn't really enjoy them as much as the movies.  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games