Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
Has anyone read the Yaoi manga Little Butterfly Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moonlight_Shadow12

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:24 pm
I was wondering if anyone here in the Shounen-ai Yaoi guild has read Little Butterfly? It is a really cute Yaoi manga even though on the cover it says June but am not real sure what that means. Come chat and enjoy.  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:46 pm
I was looking up more yaoi to read when I came across that title over the weekend. The artwork looks pretty and the story sounded sweet so I plan on purchasing it next.

I wasn't exactly sure what June meant either, but I looked it up last night. Apparently it is stories that are made to be beautiful, both in art and in the words used. Works that are meant to be beautiful, huh? That makes me think of all the Kaoru Yuki manga that I have read. xd  

Lunar Kissed

Bellgrape

Dapper Capitalist

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:10 pm
I really want to read this manga mainly becasue is by Hinako Takanaga and i just love her work, but where i live there is no way i'm going to be able to get it, i mean i don't think i could even get Gravitation.  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:51 pm
June is the new line of yaoi DMP is putting out. It is named after a famous homoerotic writer.  

xKelpiex

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:34 pm
I found the first volume at Walden Books today and you can't imagine my happiness! I just finished reading it and love the story. I can't wait until the next volumes are released.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:12 pm
mystical_elfgirl12
It is a really cute Yaoi manga even though on the cover it says June but am not real sure what that means. Come chat and enjoy.

...It says it's yaoi on the cover. "June" is DMP's new imprint for all it's yaoi titles. If you want yaoi from DMP, you want it's June titles.

DMP

Why "June"?

Named after the famous French novelist Jean Genet, whose identity is well established amongst the yaoi community, June was first coined from the Japanese pronunciation of his name "Jan Jooneh". Jean Genet was famous for writing several novels post World War II depicting the subtle erotica between beautiful boys. In homage to Jean Genet, a Japanese magazine was name June after him. Genet's famous works include Journal du Voleur (1949), The Thief's Journal, and Notre-Dame des Fleurs (1944), Our Lady of the Flowers.

June is a genre more focused on serious romantic BL relationships than the straight out sex based relationships of some yaoi.

As for the book Little Butterfly, it has a great story. The budding friendship and romance is really cute. I can't wait to see how things move along in the next volume.  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

DMMegsie

6,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:09 pm
Hm.. I'll have to keep my eyes out..  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:58 am
This is further proof that when it comes to adult manga (or anime for that matter) I am hopelessly addicted to series with the cliched plotlines.

I thought the scene where the classmates are caught looking at an adult magazine was amusing, and then everyone gets all starry-eyed once Nakahara blurts out that he's had sex before.  

Lunar Kissed

.A.k.a.n.e.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:28 pm
I haven't seen it before. I'll keep my eye open when I go manga shopping next! I haven't bought any in a while T.T  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:44 pm
I buy pretty much any yaoi manga that they have at Waldens as soon as I can...except Level C...but I'm not going there. Anywhos, I agree that the story is awsome and I can't wait for the next one ta come out!  

YashaAkume

Mayze

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:48 pm
Dude, I am so late on posting on this by... maybe a week or two (Has been off the net and gaia for awhile).

I've seen it, I'm tempted to buy it every time I go into Waldens but DMP Yaoi Manga are so much more expensive then all the others, so I keep holding back.

But it looks cute o_o and actually when I go to the mall this weekend I think I'm going to pick it up and another title they have out I like. To much good yaoi manga coming out (lucky I've read almost all of then as scanlations so I can hold back!)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:19 pm
i just got the first manga last week and the story and art is soooooo good! Kojima and Nakahara are the cutest couple i've seen in a while.
Now i just have to wait tll September to get the next volume...
gonk

Katamari Syndrome

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:55 pm
One of my friends had it and I read the first chapter while we were in math class (our math teacher is unobservant)

It was cool, I wanna get it... along with so very many other things...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:29 pm
well I have little butterfly it is so adoriable its one of my favorite mangas I can't wait for the 2nd one theres 3volumes  

Midnight Moon Rose

Katastrophic_Kate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:07 pm
I bought it on a whim and I loved it! It was uber cute and the art is very nice.  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games