Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
New York New York by Marimo Ragawa

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mangaka Maiden

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:12 am
I came across this website which does scanlations.

One they are doing called New York New York, caught my eye cos it seems realistic with homosexuality. I first heard about it from the '60 years of manga' book. By mangaka Marimo Ragawa.

User Image

Also does anyone know where I can buy the english translation?  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:00 pm
Sounds promising after a slight glance. Any place where one can get more information about it?  

[OMFG NARKI]

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:36 pm
If a scanlation group is doing the project, it's most likely not licensed and not available for purchase (in English) since most scanlation groups drop projects as soon as they're licensed so as to avoid trouble.

If you want to see it licensed and translated professionally, a lot of yaoi publishers are always interested in what fans want to see translated. It may be worth dropping them an email.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:03 pm
I don't know about scanlations, but I own all 4 books in German and all I can say is that it's a great series. There's a lot of naivety in the plot, especially in vol. 3-4, but the take at one of the character's family and their reaction to the fact that their son turned out to be homosexual (vol. 2) is brilliant.

Also, the art is really nice, but I'm a huge fan of Marimo Ragawa anyway, so my opinion may not be very reliable here. xD;  

Iciak

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games