Do you deal with anger well?
  Yes I think I do
  I try, but I could use improvement
  No, I get pissed easily and take it out on everything
View Results

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:36 pm
People get angry about things. It's a fact of life. There will always be someone or something that will enevitably wind up pushing your buttons and gettting you ticked off. Some of us are a bit quicker to temper than others though.
There are many different questions regarding anger that can be discussed:
~How do you deal with anger?
~Do you blow up at people, keep it bottled up inside?
~Do you vent it out or use various constructive tasks to get rid of some of that negative energy?
~ How do you deal with it really?
~ Do you count to 10 or just go ahead and rip people's heads off?
~Do you think you have a short temper, or do you generally feel you deal with people and things that piss you off well?

This thread is to seriously discuss things that piss you off easily and how you try to deal with things. Feel free to share ideas or thoughts on how to deal with anger issues in a constructive manner.

This thread is NOT for saying things like "kill 'em all" or other non-constructive and immature comments.  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:56 pm
I am much more likely to bottle up negitive emotions like anger. Generaly I'll twitch a little and that will be the end of the physical side of my anger. If I show more of my anger it is usualy done in sarcastic comments and sometimes I do growl (I wasn't aware I did that untill it was pointed out to me).
One reason I keep it inside is I've found that a lot of my feelings of anger can get missplaced on others and I don't want to blow up on somebody undeserving of such a thing.

I remember when I was younger (Five-sixish) I was very violent. I had several therapists for anger issues. I don't remember much as it was a while ago, but after that I stopped outward acts of aggresion.

Sometimes my temper is short. Even though I may not act on it I can get pissed off easily. Typicaly it depends on who is getting on my nerves, what reason, and what has been going on. Mostly I just get annoyed and ignore the person as much as possible (my family hates that).

My ways of dealing with anger may not be the best, but we wouln't get into that. As for others I have seen that ripping a pillow or some such act can really help. When severly angered I tend to lack the motivation to do such things, but if it works for you run with it.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:18 am
stare I dont have anger. I learn and adjust, Anger just gets in the way of what I want.
Thus I dont deal with it  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:11 am
.... Squishy Insanity ^_^
Insanity is my Anti-Depresant and Anti-Anger ^_^

Icy-Determination_020

Black Ayesha

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:12 pm
I used to get angry enough that I would hit anything...
A psychiatrist came up with a way to cool me down, literally, lol. Keeping ice in the freezer, and then when the need to hurt myself, or someone else, cropped up, taking hold of the ice in my hands and squeezing them as hard as I could. It hurts.. in a non-damaging way... and it really releases a lot of the tension.

These days though, I am a lot more open about my feelings... and I tell someone when something annoys me.. instead of letting it build up..  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:53 am
I might possibly be one of the worst examples on dealing with anger so do whatever I don't and you should be fine. I've broken alot of s**t because I was pissed off. Like things you wouldn't expect a 5'4 girl to be able to break including putting my fist through 2 wooden door (seperately) and 2 and 3 places, smashing a clost door/mirror to pieces by throwing an mp3 player at it, several walls and several fingers in the process. Oh, I also broke a van windshield with my brothers head.

See how this is a problem? In the last few years I started blaming it on myself so that's where alot of anger went. I have a self inflicted acid burn on my wrist that 5 months later still hasn't healed fully and periodically shoots pain all the way through my arm. About seven inches up my arm from the burn I have a star scarification, also self inflicted. They wanted to stitch it up 2 weeks after I started it but it was so infected they said it wouldn't be worth the pain to stitch it. I'm realizing how stupid all of this was. I can't wear short sleeves now because what I've done is that bad. Please learn from me, it's not worth it, just go smash beer bottles if you're pissed off. Please.  

blink146

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:40 am
I normaly hold back, and vent my anger on a pillow or sometyhing, though there are thsoe times where I would hit somebody, usualy when the person in question has been pissing me off so much, and I see a moment of opportunity, I'll kick them or elbow them slightly. I used to flip out alot when I was a kid, but I've calmed down.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:44 am
when i get pissed i just am like what the hell y am i not gonna beat the hell outta that person but i end up doin it ne way  

cherrybaby69666

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:45 pm
I am one of those people that bottles it all up.
I keep just holding it back and holding it for a long time.
Then one day I just get so angry, that if anyone even annoys me a little bit, I am extremely mean to them.

Some people have been on the recieving end of my anger, and they feel sad. For I am usually that really happy person that helps everyone, and when I'm mad, they take it to personally....

I try to tell people what does and does not annoy me....

I also growl ^_^! I do it a lot at school, especially when people are slow since I walk faster than almost anyone I have ever met. I growled today and some girl was very afraid of me.....must be my fascination with wolves and stuff.

Anyway, I suggest never inflicting pain on yourself either. I've done it before and it just makes it worse.
Besides, physical pain only hurts for so long. Mental abuse never heals....  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:01 pm
"He who angers you, conquers you." On the other hand. Anger is what fuels us, drives us to do better. nothing better than adversary to make you do your best. failure is depressing.  

XGambit

middnite666

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:26 pm
I'm probably one of the most laid back people ever. Nothing stresses me out or gets me wound up, but when I am angry, I punch the nearest person or wall.

So get out my way if I'm pissed off razz

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:53 pm
I bottle stuff up. Then go home, pop something like Zone Of The Enders in my ps2, and blow stuff up.

When I get really pissed, I don't really get "angry". I tend to get self-analyzing and -mind you, rarely- suicidal. Writing my feelings out, or role-playing a confrontation in my head tends to calm me down.

--Some helpful advice for just about anyone--
Even if you're not good at games, find yourself a fast-paced violent game and a "god-mode" cheat code for it. Now follow these instructions very carefully: BLOW UP EVERYTHING. It helps with anger alot, unless you're past the point to concentrate on playing a game.
Alternatively, a good friend of mine said that exercise helps a lot. I can't vouch for that, because I've not been very angry for quite a while.

Macabre_Cogitation
I also growl ^_^!

Really? So do I. I roar, too, but that's just to freak people out twisted .  

ECNM

Acerbus nox noctis

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:54 pm
Usually when I am mad, I resort to sarcasm without knowing it. I try to not show that I am mad at people, but they are usually able to tell because I don't talk that much to them. It usually takes a lot to get me mad, but some topics and things I am more sensitive about. Like if I feel one of my friends betrayed me, I would feel more hurt and upset opposed to if someone spilled soda on my homework. When I am really mad, I usually just listen to music for a while and calm down.

When I am in a "pacificist" state, I will try to talk to whomever I am having a problem with. I try to avoid talking to people when I am mad, as I may say things I will later regret, or do not really mean. The best anger management tactic for me is to either draw, listen to music, or just chill...Though there are just times I have dark thoughts and wish doom upon people.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:50 am
I don't get angry often. But when I do, you'll notice. I'm usually very calm or at most, annoyed. But when I get ANGRY, well... let's say a certain guy still has the scars to prove it...  

Harlequin Hisakata

.yumi eternity.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:58 am
I get annoyed a lot but I just end up punching a wall and pretending it's them later  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff