Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
question Bi-Manga Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi_Oni_chan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:51 pm
I'm not sure where this goes but I was just wondering. What is a bi-manga called?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:42 pm
um... IDK...  

DMMegsie

6,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200

Tokay-Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:09 pm
......um.. I dunno  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:38 pm
I'm not sure. Actually, i don't think i've ever heard of a manga that focuses solely on a bi theme. Do you know one in particular that goes by that theme?

Lee Haruin

Chibi_Oni_chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:38 am
no it was just a question a friend of mine who is new to the whole Yaoi/shounen ai thing asked. It's been bugging me ever since so I was just wondering.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:21 am
That's... Kinda rare, I think. Mangas/doujins tend to either focus soley on straight or homosexual content to appeal to the target audience. Don't really think there's any formal term for it to be honest.  

[OMFG NARKI]

NekoMizu

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:58 pm
Hmm...I have a manga that hints to bi-sexual ness between some charcters but thats just me sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:17 pm
Well, I don't know about a specifically bi manga, but in yaoi a lot of the guys were previously dating girls before, sex and all. Of course, once that special guy comes along all girls are illogically forgotten about.  

Ace of Blue Spades

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100

Shadow_Orexia

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:02 pm
There isnt a term because yaoi and yuri dont actually mean gay and lesbian, they're just terms that became staples of gay and lesbian. If they did mean that I could understand the confusion, but they don't.  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:26 pm
I can only think of one manga that even has a character who's been specified as bi. What would you call a bisexually-themed manga? .....Romance?  

Rainbeau Child

Foxy Grampa

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:43 pm
I don't really know a term, but I have an idea one what it would be.

Characters that express both interest in male and females, but either go with the male or female soley in the manga. Wouldn't Parakiss count, or Princess ai or something? There are guys in there that either have a crush on the dude or the dude himself likes other dudes...

I don't know how well I explained that, but I think the term is just... shoujo manga. xDD~ Since shonen ai is becoming so popular, manga that would usually solely just have hetero relationships are starting to get in on the trend by having a dude in there that likes other guys, but never really 'getting any', ya know? It's kinda annouying, actually. If you're a BL fan, you're all like "DAMNIT JUST GO TO GUY ALREADY! SHE'S A WHORE." xD Or at least that's how I am... which is why I barely read the angsty shoujo type of manga. domokun

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:19 pm
I guess bi-manga can fall under the both shonen-ai and shoujo-ai(Unless its hardcore stuff. Then its yaoi and yuri.). But I wouldn't know for sure...I've never seen any bi-manga. You've thrown me for a loop here! crying Im sure someone here has the answer.  

caligulasNightmare

Greedy Entrepreneur

7,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

xXalkalineXx

Friendly Phantom

4,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:21 pm
no, perhaps it says on the book cover or on the spine of the book?  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:00 am
I don't see why there WOULD be a term for it unless the character was dating both a girl and a boy, because shonen-ai doesn't indicate the sexuality, but the relationship.

The final pairing would probably indicate whether it was a het or BL manga. If he were dating both at the same time, it would probably be called a 'polyamory comic'.  

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100

Doi Hachiro

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:27 am
Hm... in the anime I know YnM hint towards gayness and straightness... So maybe that could be a bi manga? (hisoka/Tsubakiness is the straightness)  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff