Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Petshop of Horrors]Maybe it�s the incense... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

counter
  +1
View Results

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:14 pm
Calling all Petshop of Horrors fans! I think it�s time we all sat down at discussed one of the greatest questions ever...

Leon/D, is it reality or fantasy?

As much as like them as a pairing, the series itself seems to be against it. Specifically because of D�s great dislike for humans and the whole thrown from paradise thing at the end of the series. But then there are moments in the series that give you the impression that something is going on with those two. That D might like Leon. But does he like him as a friend, human, a lover or as a confectionary delivery boy?

So what do you all think? Discuss reasoning behind your beliefs. Are there specific parts of the manga that support your beliefs?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:51 pm
I think, that through Leon and his little brother, D is coming around to humans. Not all humans of course, but I think that he begins to see that they're not all terrible monsters. He has a soft spot as one has for a pet. And yet, I think it gradually changes. Yes, I realize that Leon was tossed off at the end, but later one we see Chris visiting with the Count's newly re-raised father saying that he's searching for his brother. I think that Leon most likely just quit his job and went off searching for D. I think that he eventually found him. But that's just my opinion ^_^  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:45 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:02 pm
I've only read volume two but the slashy undercurrents seemed to be pretty strong. Since then I've read a really hot fic between the two which has probably skewed my memory and made me read more into it anyway. smile  

Aeronwyn

14,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cheerleader 200

Tofu Steak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:39 pm
Oh god, they totally have it bad for each other. I don't think either would admit it though. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:59 pm
Personally I think that the relationship is more one-sided by the time the series ends with D loving Leon but knowing that the relationship wouldn't work, D isn't exactly a human after all while Leon is, and Leon being confused about his emotions but caring for D none the less. I think the first real hint that D has strong feelings for Leon is after they are in that dreamworld place when Leon follows D into the museum. After they are leaving D says something about how at some point in time he may not want to let Leon go. I can't remember the exact quote since I don't have that one in front of me at the moment....but yeah.  

YashaAkume

Erran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:43 pm
Wheee, Petshop of Horrors! XD *dances*

Yeah. Now that that's out of my system.... I personally feel that Count D is generally fond of Leon and Chris, although his feelings for both of them aren't quite the same. He likes Chris as one would be fond of a child, naturally, while he likes Leon on a different level. He's more affectionate, almost as with a pet. We mustn't forget the scene with the dominatrix dentist, now, must we?

But yeah. He's probably beginning to see, through interaction with some humans, that not all of us are so bad, after all. Personally, I think that D and Leon would make an adorable couple, although I definitely see the Count as a seme, and Leon as a bewildered, half-willing (whole-heartedly protesting) uke. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:58 am
I think they love eachother only they both have reasions to be against it. Leon has his emotional crap and D has his dad's pregudice. at the end of the book they make it seem like Leon and D got together.  

Rchan

Renegade Jarlaxle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:06 pm
i had heard that those two got together and it made me want to read the manga. mind you i havent yet sweatdrop only the first volume.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:32 pm
Renegade Jarlaxle
i had heard that those two got together and it made me want to read the manga. mind you i havent yet sweatdrop only the first volume.

PSOH isn't BL. It's pretty damn close though. There lots of moments when you're like "OMG YES!" and I think most people agree that there is something between them. But we haven't seen it yet. I say ‘yet’ because there is a New Petshop of Horrors being released in Japan as we speak, so you never know. Still it's a great series and you should so read it all the way to the end. :3 You will not be sorry that you did.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:12 pm
I definitely think that there's a deep connection between them, but I seriously doubt they would ever have a sexual relationship. Leon would probably feel weird about it, and D is.. D. I doubt he's interested much.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:03 pm
i think Leon and D would make a very cuite paring  

Rini Bluefire

5,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Heckler 50

Void Stone

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:22 pm
It seemed to have some yaoitastic undercurrents. Every volume seemed ot get gayer and gayer. There were definately hints.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:06 pm
I really wanted them to elaborate more on that in the anime series, but it was so short! I suppose I'll just have to watch their love blossom while I go read the manga! ...again..for the 28th time.... sweatdrop
When I first saw the anime..I was..caressing the screen. I was so excited!! xd  

D.O.O.M.

wyvernsadvocate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:31 pm
I support Leon/D so very, very much.

The problem is that I can't quite see D without his kimono on. And that's usually a prerequisite for nooky. The idea just doesn't fit into my little head.

It would be weird seeing D do anything that isn't completely dignified, and Leon has undignified scarred all over his crazy, jump-before-think body.

But the couple gets me so hot... (giggles)

There's a very strong hint that there might be something going on between them, not that Leon would say anything about it. What with D and all the... touching. 3nodding  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games