Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
3 things I have to say... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:26 pm
1- They have finally made a pirate set in Gambino Outfitters and it's just over a week after I changed the whole theme of my avatar outfit. Thusly peeved and excited about the prospect of getting a parrot on my avatar's shoulder.

2- Did you know Waterstones are going to buy Ottakars? This is a huge blow to me because I love my local Ottakars and Waterstone's selection is as generic, bland and mass produced as sand.

3- What the ******** are the Labour party trying to do with Dave the chameleon? It's a lame a** excuse for not having anything good to say for why people should vote for them. If the state of politics isn't improved very soon, the bloody BNP are going to end up winning seats, and everyone in this country should know better than to vote for them...ugh.

I think I might even like David Cameron, if he wasn't a conservative.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:41 am
Pfft, I only buy from independent bookshops anyway.

BNP are a curious bunch. I'm subscribed to their e-newsletter, I can't take them seriously I'm afraid. It's very very amateur.

Invictus_88
Captain

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:23 pm
How can you propose to run a country on the basis of hating half of your people?

It's also annoying when people make the mistake of thinking the SNP are the same but for Scotland, when actually they're a fairly liberal party who just happen to still think Scotland should spilt from England. That would be a bad idea in my opinion but they don't propose to throw the English out of the country if they ever get into power.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:24 pm
Fickle, have you voted yet?

confused

Invictus_88
Captain

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:03 pm
Invictus_88
Fickle, have you voted yet?

confused

Nope.

I turned 18 in September last year, so I missed the general elections.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:32 pm
Dave the chamelon is very amusing though.

For the more simple minded person, they choose the one with the most entertainment.

This year I think the Lib Dem statement is basically "Look, we chose a leader, and this is what he says."

It's all very amusing on my end.

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:15 pm
Cleocatra Osiris

That he was.

It's not as if Davey C is addressing issues: the environment has nothing to do with local elections, but it is an easy way to soften your image. Man the guy must have studied Blair. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:00 am
A Lost Iguana
Cleocatra Osiris

That he was.

It's not as if Davey C is addressing issues: the environment has nothing to do with local elections, but it is an easy way to soften your image. Man the guy must have studied Blair. XD

Indeed.

The dreadful man.

Invictus_88
Captain

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:21 am
I hate them all.

I might even vote green in 2008.

No, that's a lie. I couldn't do that.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:58 am
ficklefiend
I hate them all.

I might even vote green in 2008.

No, that's a lie. I couldn't do that.

I don't have a clue how I'll vote next election (woo, I'll be able to vote). I might even consider Tory, simply because they're probably not any worse than Labour, and I suppose mediocre government with a bit of variety is better than the same mediocre government for eighteen years.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:07 am
To be honest, guys, if you don't know who to vote then you could make a stand and spoil you ballot paper. Apparently a representative of each candidate in the general election in that area needs to verify that the ballot is spoiled so you could try to write a message to you local candiates about how you feel they do not represent you interests.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:24 am
I thought that was an urban myth.

Still; in the spirit of things..

..if you were to 'spoil' your ballot, how would you do so?

rolleyes

Invictus_88
Captain

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:13 am
Hmm, that it may well be.

I would write a little note on the ballot.

You could argue that this is a matter of whether you feel you should vote for a party that represents you beliefs or vote to avoid a party you do not want in government. Unfortunately out system encourages negative and tactical voting: Labour were elected via tactical voting by nominally Labour and Lib Dem voters to deseat the Conservative MP. The same will happen to Labour should the Conservatives win the next election, which is why Cameron is appealing to the floating "new" Labour voters and the Lib Dems [and assuming he will maintain the grass root support].

Our system encourages you to vote against a party and not for who you support. A vote not in the plurality is a disenfranchised vote; we should move to a Condorcet method to electing an MP and ditch the current "winner-takes-all" system.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:19 am
Invictus_88

rolleyes

Vote Green?  

Boolean Julian
Crew

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:42 am
Lady of Spain
Invictus_88

rolleyes

Vote Green?

*snigger* xd

On thinking about it a bit and listening to radio 4 when they were talking abou it, I agree that the BNP thing is to scare people into voting labour at their local elections.

I also think there are still too many people willing to vote for them and that "too many" means more than 0.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff