Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
Rape/sexual assult....your opinion Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Rape/sexual assult charges be the same as murder charges?
  Yes!
  No
  Depends on the situation
  who cares?
View Results

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:45 pm
ok Tough subject to face and or talk about, lets be honest, it's horrible, tramatizing and not something we want to encounter. The point of this thread is to have an open discussion about it, where people can openly talk about their thoughts and feelings concerning rape or possibly even reach out, tell their story and look into help. Even if you want to personally pm me that is ok. I want to create a good solid and supportive environment....so people who want to kid around and joke about it, you idiots are not welcome and i will report you.

So welcome all, come share, be open  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:07 pm
I say that it depends upon the situation. If it's real rape or sexual harassment, yes it should be treated the same as murder, but there are people who over react out there. When on a band trip to Orlando, we visited a water park. A girl found herself a 35 year old man, made out with him, and accused him of sexual harassment when he asked to do more. She wanted to find him and press charges, but he left as soon as he got wind of what was going down. Sure he was a child molester, but she found, flirted with, and kissed him first. In that case, even if he was caught, it's just not right to treat it like murder charges. Perhaps if I had not been witness to that, my answer would have been different. >.>;  

OmG NoMoR3

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:08 pm
Rape is something that happens all too often to people. I say people and not just girls because it can and does happen to men as well, but with the way our society is structed few will ever come forward and tell their stories....

I have been fortunate enough to have never had first hand experiences with rape, though I have known people who have had close brushes. It's a scary thought thinking that someone who you went to school with could potentially be a rapist, and what is worse is the thought of how far will they go if someone can "get away with" doing that to another human being? I spend a lot of time watching forensic shows, and it's horrifying just what some of these men do to their victems, the fear and pain they put them through, and the complete disregard they have for others.

It makes me very glad that my mom let me take martial arts classes when I was younger because I felt empowered enough to protect myself against something horrible happening to me. I know how to get away, or how to fight back if the need should ever arise, but I always hope that i shall never be in that type of situation.

I feel a deep sorrow and pain for those who have been touched by the pain and misery of rape. I don't know if I can ever find the words to really express how much I loath and detest people who would force themselves upon another for self gratification and feelings of power and domination. It sickens me. It really does, to think that people like that exist in our world. I do wish there were stiffer penalties for these individuals, because they deserve absolutly no mercy, and no lenancy because that is exactly what they gave to their victems.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:22 pm
much agreed with you both, myself i personally know 9 rape victims, one of which was a guy so you are right it happens to everyone, each story is different but the same pain is there, it changes people they are never the same. One of my best friends is gorgeous and skinny and just a wonderful person....she was abused and raped by her father and shes hated herself ever sence, not to mention the poor girl had to get surgery because of the event. In recent event another close indivual i know was druged and raped, they called the police and everything and the guys who did it denied it all and said it was consencial,....the police believed them, even though there was a date rape drug found in her system.......in some ways our crimal judice system fails us, i would love to push for stricter rape charges, much stricter, now a days unless he/she is a serial rapist, they get off with a couple years (6 is the usual number that pops up)....now in my eyes that's a slap on the wrist, but am i to do, i'm just a 15 year old girl, who is scared shitless of rape, but has witnessed the trama left behind by rape....  

Fallentowards

DR490N

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:30 pm
the consequences for rape should be castration. it happens far too often in this city and it happens to too many people i know.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:59 pm
DR490N, that would defeat the purpose of the judicial system. Generally speaking, it is designed to rehabilitate people who break the law, not just punish them. Granted, the system does not work well or often, but that is because it is broken.

As much as rape is terrible, rapists should be given a chance to turn themselves around. Many people doing terrible things do them because of legitimate problems. Many from bad childhood. I hate rape, but i also hate to see people destroy themselves by doing terrible things because of things in their past, or medical issues.  

zz1000zz
Crew

DR490N

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:49 pm
thats fine for the rapists, but what about their victims? their victims still have to live with the memory of being raped, and in many cases, this creates a fear of the opposite sex. this can permanently and emotionally scar a person.

sure, you can rehabilitate a rapist, but the person they raped still has to live with knowing that their rapist is still out there.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:18 pm
DR490N
thats fine for the rapists, but what about their victims? their victims still have to live with the memory of being raped, and in many cases, this creates a fear of the opposite sex. this can permanently and emotionally scar a person.

sure, you can rehabilitate a rapist, but the person they raped still has to live with knowing that their rapist is still out there.

...He's right. The rapist will go on with their lives, not really affected by what happened since most rape victims don't even turn the people in. Don't say it's stupid for them not to turn the rapists in either, because sometimes it's better that way. Back on topic... The rape victims will live with this for the rest of their lives. Small incidents will throw them back into that horrified state of mind, their minds will be constantly weak, and their self esteem shattered. They will most likely put up masks of false happiness so people won't worry. Some will cut to gain some control in their lives. They will constantly be beating themselves up because they think they could have been stronger. They are afraid to tell their stories because they fear what other people will think of them. That goes abck to the self esteem issue.

The one thing I don't agree with though, is the fear of the opposite sex. Most rape victims aren't afraid of the opposite sex, they are afraid of sex period. Sometimes they will be afraid of whatever gender raped them, but usually they fear intimate, or any, contact.

Rapists are horribles, disgusting people. They should be punished severly if a rape actually occured.

Kupo Ikari

coriander18

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:19 am
I think we are missing an important point about the idea of castration for rapists/*****.
Rape isn't about sex. It's about power. There have been rapes where the rapist used an inanimate objects and not themselves. Usaully because they were either women or unable to get erections.

I think when it comes to ***** though I think the chemical castration they use is a good thing. But I don't think they should be allowed out. They should be put in jail and taken away from the rest of society forever. There's no cure, there's no fixing them. I think it's kinda like being gay or straight. Although theres obvious difference of being wanted and the other unwanted. It's what turns them on and they can't control that. They can only surpress it.
If someone went around killing people and not being able to control the urges to do so, we would lock them up and never let them out. I think the same should happen for *****. Society isn't safe if we let them out.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:06 am
the interesting thing is that rape victims will develop different states of mind. some will become extremely horny much of the time, though i'm not sure why, while others will sort of shut themselves off from the opposite sex, cringing and flinching if they're so much as touched on the shoulder.  

DR490N

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:57 am
castration will not solve most rapists/***** issues. It's not the actually sex that causes most iof them, its a control, or a violence. they want that, they've done studies on the fact that Even if you castrate ***** and Rapists, they still get the urges. although some of them want to get better, I once got to talk to a man who, he lives alone, near the police station, and on days like halloween and the like where alot of children are out and about, he WAlks over to the police station and has them put him in jail for the night, so he won't do anything. he had been chemically castrated as well. so the urges that exist aren't always solved by that. And castration is only an answer for male rapists, sure they get more attention, because who would want to believe that a girl could ******** a guy when he doesn't want to. the male body can do stuff the mind doesn't want. so I don't believe castration would solve anything, a believe rehabilitation is possible for the ones that truly want to get better, but for the others, i have no idea what to do with them.

Dragon, The reason some rape victims turn to sex as an answer after rape is because they end up beleiving, conciously or not that if they can have enough sex they can forget it. it will become lost in memories. at least thats what a fewof them believe, i don't know about all of them.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:16 am
DR490N
the interesting thing is that rape victims will develop different states of mind. some will become extremely horny much of the time, though i'm not sure why, while others will sort of shut themselves off from the opposite sex, cringing and flinching if they're so much as touched on the shoulder.

some become horny or crave sex because their state of mind is, oh well i'm worthless now what's the point of waiting for something special?..........this is how my friend felt after she was raped and you are everyone reacts differently but it never leaves them...  

Fallentowards

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:17 pm
coriander18
I think we are missing an important point about the idea of castration for rapists/*****.
Rape isn't about sex. It's about power. There have been rapes where the rapist used an inanimate objects and not themselves. Usaully because they were either women or unable to get erections.

I think when it comes to ***** though I think the chemical castration they use is a good thing. But I don't think they should be allowed out. They should be put in jail and taken away from the rest of society forever. There's no cure, there's no fixing them. I think it's kinda like being gay or straight. Although theres obvious difference of being wanted and the other unwanted. It's what turns them on and they can't control that. They can only surpress it.
If someone went around killing people and not being able to control the urges to do so, we would lock them up and never let them out. I think the same should happen for *****. Society isn't safe if we let them out.

Just a clarification. ***** and child molestation are not the same thing. Generally one will exclude the other. The molestation is about power, not sex.

While people are often called ***** when they rape children, it is rarely true.

P.S. Murderers do get rehabilitated. If it is something truly uncontrollable, they generally end up in psych for the rest of their lives, but sometimes they do get better.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:52 pm
I suppose it is about power. Personally I never thought about it that way. I always corisponded rape with physical attraction, because of my own personal expirience. I believe, however, that a rapist will never stop. They may stop acting out on their urges, but they will never stop having them until the day they die. This leaves many victims living in fear, unless they know for a fact that the person who raped them is dead. But even then they still hold fear that somehow he/she will come back.

I also hate it when people say that men don't get raped. At least you guys know that it's possible. This is one of the many reasons why I didn't seek professional help after my expirience. First off, the town I lived in was homophobic, and second, no one would have believed me anyway.

That's the problem now-a-days. There are so many fake rape charges, or molestation charges that people brush it off. They no longer take the dire situation seriously. You hear less and less about real rapes occuring, but they do, in vast numbers too. It's just with the desensitized point of view everyone has now, victims are too fearful to step forward and expose their little secret.

Oi... Some people just don't understand.

Kupo Ikari

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:02 pm
thank you for bringing up that point there are too many false charges it isn't taken as seriously as it should and thats a big thing that pisses me off because the charges are already basicaly a slap on the wrist  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff