Reply ~.The Atheist Guild.~
I was forced to go to church today... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Takiel Valchrist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:40 pm
I discussed this earlier in the GD, but I was forced t go to church by my mom, even though she knows I am aethiest...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:42 pm
you're not alone. the churches i have been to just smell weird.  

Waterdragon1

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:10 am
To me churches are just buildings with no importance. If people want to worship god then why should they have to go to some big building to do it?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:06 pm
just go there anyway  

xx-kad-xx

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:39 pm
Im sorry... I am forced to go twice a week wether i want to or not, just make the best of it. And if anyone asks you anything or mentions soemthing that pisses you off, just smile. It makes it a bit more bareable.. kinda. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:58 pm
ew church *barfs* and it's Atheist not Aetheist

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:51 am
I never "hated" going to church. I just didn't want to go because it was soooooo boring. But there was a time when my mother joined a church with and excelent preacher who reminded me more of a passionate story teller than a "doom is comming" preacher. I really did enjoy his telling of Sampson even though I don't believe it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:04 am
ahh yes, I know how that feels, My dad used to force me to go to church each easter, I've always dreaded going to it, but now that he doesn't I'm relieved and all.

mostly the reason I hate it because one...they were speaking spanish and I didn't know what the hell they were saying so I was confused.

and I'm wasting precious money donating to the bloody church to begin with.  

Unoffical Music Promoter

shadowpunk360

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:49 pm
ohh to bad sad ...i dont have to if i dont want to any ways no one in my famaly duz..iv only went a few times with meh friend when i hade a sleep over......it sucked  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:38 pm
There's a really cute guy who goes to my church. Now, when I'm forced to go, which is twice a week, it's slightly more bearable.  

a.deadly.digression

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:09 am
Cloud0.0Strife
To me churches are just buildings with no importance. If people want to worship god then why should they have to go to some big building to do it?
Correction: If people want to excersise stupidity, why must they make huge structures to show off how unknowledgeable they are?  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:36 am
Cloud0.0Strife

you said it before i could  

`Loser

Caffiene Faggot

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:37 am
stare

Church. Eww.

-cough- General society's bullshit! -cough-

. . . Ahem.

ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:37 am
My family never habitually went to church.

Except to take us, the four kids, to CCD (like sunday school.. but on a tuesday. o_O )

My brother Eric used to say CCD stood for "Central City Dump" ... heh heh..

But after my two older brothers were confirmed, my parents had my younger brother and I switched to a different church (from catholic to lutheran), since the catholic church required so much bullshit just to get confirmed (writing letters, getting a sponsor.. all sorts of pointlessness.) But we didn't stay at the new church long either, since I was already doubting the existance of a "god" and thought it was so pointless to wake me up early every sunday (this one WAS on sunday), bring me to a classroom filled with people I hate (seriously, every kid there was a jackass), then sit bored for an hour while being preached to about something that doesn't exist.

In 7th grade (we would get confirmed in 8th), I told my parents I didn't want to go anymore.

They were cool with it (I'm guessing they didn't like having to go either, lol.) They didn't ask me any questions, and I didn't tell them why I wanted to leave. I still don't think they know I'm atheist (and have been for years.) My brother left the church along with us and we haven't been back since.

The only other times I might end up in a church would be to attend a friend's wedding or funeral... creepy. In that case I'll sit it through, since there'd clearly be more important things going on than to just go "Ew, church, I'm not going." But if someone wanted to take me there for a normal Sunday... I'm afraid I'd have to decline.  

Psycho_Katie

xorflex

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:10 pm
I have been to church only once in my life, this was when a friend had
been asking me to (not because he was relegios, but just so he wouldnt be bored)
It think I was 12 or 13 at the time) came into a corner where a pastor was waiting wearing a hand puppet resembling kermit the frog.
What proceeded to happen I can only describe as brainwashing. The
frog puppet told us things like 'God loves you' and other things which I
have
since forgotten. There was then an opportunity to ask the frog questions.
And every (I kid you not, EVERY) answer contained the words 'God'
and 'love'.

Afterwards we went to the sunday school session which is held after mass.
I recall that we read some bible stories and then made some God related
crafts.

Needless to say, the frog's brainwashing did not work, but I was much older than most of the other kids so I now understand why some kids grow up so adamently believing in it.

I am supremely thankful that my parents are atheist  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces