The Baudelaire Orphans are
  In a land filled with happiness and love
  in a land filled with woe and misery
  just children who are not bright enough to know what goes on in the world
View Results

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:28 pm
From book one biggrin ear Reader,
I'm sorry to say that the book you are holding in your hands is extremely unpleasant. It tells an unhappy tale about three very unlucky children. Even though they are charming and clever, the Baudelaire siblings lead lives filled with misery and woe. From the very first page of this book when the children are at the beach and receive terrible news, continuing on through the entire story, disaster lurks at their heels. One might say they are magnets for misfortune.
In this short book alone, the three youngsters encounter a greedy and repulsive villian, itchy clothing, a disastrous fire, a plot to steal their fortune, and cold porridge for breakfast.
It is my sad duty to write down these unpleasant tales, but there is nothing stopping you from putting this book down at once and read something happy, if you prefer that sort of thing.
With all due respect,

Lemony Snicket

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:18 am
am i the only other person who actually likes this series? I mean it so awsome!  

CrownPrincessLaya

Heart Star

Sileny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:33 pm
I've never read the books, but the movie was interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:12 pm
I will admit that the books are a little...young I guees. The language isn't the best, but I love them. I think they are funny and interesting and mysterious too. I'm waiting for the last one to come out!

The movie would be good if you HADN'T read the books. If so, then it seems horrible in comparison, at least, that's my opinion.  

X_Dark _Princess_X

Lady_Altheia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:53 pm
I love the series. I think the books are the right age for 4th grade through sixth. I like it because it teaches vocabulary and I have used the first book in my reading class. I read up through book 8 and I have up through 12. I like the series. Violet is my favorite. Also, I saw the movie and I liked it despite that it didn't folloew precisely the books.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:57 pm
Tell me, would you sort of consider this series as fantasy?  

lavenvi05

X_Dark _Princess_X

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:09 pm
lavenvi05
Tell me, would you sort of consider this series as fantasy?

I probably would...I don't really know...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:02 pm
fantasy? hmmmm, I suppose but not really, I say it's more horror.  

Lady_Altheia

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:59 am
Well, maybe. Like, all these weird creatures come from the imagination of Lemony Snicket don't they?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:58 pm
What creatures?  

Lady_Altheia

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:45 pm
You know, the leeches, the different reptiles....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:49 pm
I think those reptiles real;ly exdist. I( think the author is juist taking what he knows and making an interesting story.  

Lady_Altheia

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:23 am
Well, those leeches and mushrooms don't exist now do they?  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:52 pm
leeches exist. Which mushrooms do you mean? I read most of the series already up to book 10.  

Lady_Altheia

Janviarius

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:31 pm
oh yes! they are one of my favorite books! if u havnt read the books and saw the movie u'd think it was a pretty good movie but if u saw the movie and read the books oh man u'd go nuts because they mixed up the first 3 books.....  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff