Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Information Posts Needed! *Get Paid* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ailinea
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:00 pm
Alright, I'll admit it. I've been slack in coming up with some good informational posts for this guild. So I'm going to take the next best way out of it: make someone else do it. So here's what I want to do:

Create a thread with information on a particular topic that isn't too broad that would be helpful to either people transitioning to veg*nism or for folks who have been veg*n for some time. Make it relevant to the guild, of course.

What do I mean by informational posts? A good one would be (and this is taken from the other guild) "What is meat?" or perhaps "Moving to Veg*nism for the Omnivore" or something like that. You're of course free to come up with your own titles.

If I see a good informational thread (and you're allowed to have more than one post in your thread), I'll award you 1,000 gold or more, depending on the content of your thread. Please do not repeat a topic from anyone else or steal information from the old guild. This is to be your creation. Feel free to join in with a friend and create a thread with the two of you explaining your topic.

Things I look for in a good informational thread:
* Correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar
* Well formed paragraphs that are concise and easy to read
* Sources listed to back up your information or for further reading
* Nothing that is plagiarised. If discovered you have plagiarised information without quoting or citing the original author, a ban will be considered. Don't do it.

You may create threads in the guild and I will take a look at them. If you want to PM me to let me know you've created a topic that you like, go ahead and I will look at it as soon as possible.

Oh, and I'm buying an ad so other people can participate and contribute. Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:43 pm
I can offer information on...

FACTORY FARMING

ANIMAL TESTING (BOTH SIDES TOO)

VEGGIES AND THE ENVIRONMENT

heart THE PROPER WAY TO LOVE BUNNIES- NOT IN A HUTCH OUTSIDE! heart

LITTER TRAINING RABBITS

RECIPES, RECIPES, RECIPES!

CHINCHILLAS

Which one?  

The Velveteen Violinist

Ailinea
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:45 am
Air Pirate Mako Streak
I can offer information on...

FACTORY FARMING

ANIMAL TESTING (BOTH SIDES TOO)

VEGGIES AND THE ENVIRONMENT

heart THE PROPER WAY TO LOVE BUNNIES- NOT IN A HUTCH OUTSIDE! heart

LITTER TRAINING RABBITS

RECIPES, RECIPES, RECIPES!

CHINCHILLAS

Which one?
Those three would be suitable. The rest you can still create if you want, but I'm looking for more general topics. The other ones do sound interesting, though! I can't wait to see them. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:11 pm
hey---i justput one up about caging animals. written myself *bows*  

Kelsenator3663

Ailinea
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:51 pm
NoMan, your post is not backed up by sources or facts. It is strictly your opinion, and not informative at all. Sorry.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:12 pm
Ack, next time I think I will check the rest of the guild for posts before I do that again. I posted a thread titled "Ask Asia" if you have any objections to it at all please send me a message. Sorry that I didn't read here first. sweatdrop  

attn

trampyre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:52 pm
I can help with:

Recommended Reading lists (actual books)
Cosmetics/Household Cleansers/Folk Remedy Recipes
Tips for surviving as a vegan in a non-vegan world
Maybe a "Where to eat" list for various cities?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:26 pm
trampyre
I can help with:

Recommended Reading lists (actual books)
Cosmetics/Household Cleansers/Folk Remedy Recipes
Tips for surviving as a vegan in a non-vegan world
Maybe a "Where to eat" list for various cities?
Ooh, I like all of them. Sorry for the late response, I've been on Gaia very little lately. ^^ Let me know when you get them done and I'll compensate you for them! =D  

Ailinea
Vice Captain

Tofu Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:29 pm
im good with:

Factory Farming
Kentucky Fried Cruelty
Butterball Hell House
PETA
Global Warming

and maybe some others. pick one u want me to write about biggrin

btw im new smile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:32 pm
"books to read" is another one i can do  

Tofu Vampire

Ailinea
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:47 pm
Tofu Vampire
im good with:

Factory Farming
Kentucky Fried Cruelty
Butterball Hell House
PETA
Global Warming

and maybe some others. pick one u want me to write about biggrin

btw im new smile
PETA is covered in a multitude of other topics, so we do not need an information post on PETA, as they tend to be very biased in their opinions, and I prefer something with more information than argument. So that rules out the second and third choice, as well. You can make a thread about Factory Farming, and I'll read it, but depending on your content, I can't guarantee you it will be a sticky.

As for global warming, it's not really veg*n related, but you're more than welcome to bring it up in the chattrbox subforum. ^^ Thanks for your help!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:46 am
don't mean to argue but the global warming one would ber about how vegetarians and enviromentalists are alike and that factory farms put off methane waste into the atmosphere contributing to global warmiong so by not eating animals the animal carcassas won't be as abundant  

Tofu Vampire

_-iamoftheuniverse-_

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:23 pm
I actually wanted to ask a question, if you don't mind.Is being vegan healthy?I mean, can't you get sick from be vegan?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:40 pm
That question doesn't really belong here... But try reading some of the informational posts by other members throughout the guild and you'll find an answer.

Tofu, I see the correlation, and I said you're more than welcome to do it, but it's not directly related to veg*nism. There are a multitude of other factors that contribute to global warming, and while it is a fascinating subject, it's not enough material to make a sticky about. You can make a topic about it, but I will not reward you for it. Thanks for your willingness to help though.  

Ailinea
Vice Captain

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas