lighter lyrical mezzo soprano
  darker toned mezzo soprano
  Higher-alto
  deep voiced alto
  raspy-screaming type alto
View Results

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:02 am
hello all, this topic is for the discussion between singers, their range, vocal abilities, music they like to sing....all are welcome to talk. Me personally i am a dark toned soprano with a 3 octave range and i have a semi-classical voice....i enjoy singing classical and all types of rock. So share if you please  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:07 am
It's been a while since I've sung in a setting where I'd know what my range is exactly. But I am definitely a soprano. To give you an idea of my range I'll say Nightwish and Phantom of the Opera. I enjoy singing anything however. My voice is the instrument I play best.  

MortSanglant

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:25 am
mortsanglant
It's been a while since I've sung in a setting where I'd know what my range is exactly. But I am definitely a soprano. To give you an idea of my range I'll say Nightwish and Phantom of the Opera. I enjoy singing anything however. My voice is the instrument I play best.

agreed....i'd argue that's it's the most difficult to control....i am too soprano and my range goes from mid-high guys to high soprano (phantom of the opera)....actually tarja is a soprano as well  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:55 am
Fallentowards
...actually tarja is a soprano as well

yeah I know. She's classically trained. I was just giving a measure for my upper range. That's more important to me than my lower register.  

MortSanglant

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:36 am
mortsanglant
Fallentowards

yeah I know. She's classically trained. I was just giving a measure for my upper range. That's more important to me than my lower register.

ahh gotcha............that's good though...sopranos are suppose to pay attention to their upper register because that is what makes a soprano lol
i can't remember tarja's highest note but the highest note in phantom of the opera is a high e above the staff bar  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:57 pm
Fallentowards
mortsanglant
Fallentowards

ahh gotcha............that's good though...sopranos are suppose to pay attention to their upper register because that is what makes a soprano lol
i can't remember tarja's highest note but the highest note in phantom of the opera is a high e above the staff bar

Of course. I miss being in a choir. crying But that's okay. I still sing. The thing that's lame about being in an organised choir of sorts is that there's always those people who have to show off their vocal abilities. It's a turn off and then to me they sound bad.  

MortSanglant

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:25 pm
OHH definately feel your pain there..my highschool is a performing arts school ( i was rejected twice from it....not lovely for the self esteem but oh well) and the choir can sometimes be hell on earth cuz half the students are grade 9's who don't know how to shut the _____(fill in blank) up......and some of the dancers HAVE to be in choir and vocal cuz they can't play an instrument and some of them can't properly create a note ....and it's bascially like wanting to bash your head in with a music stand...but you are right people try and show off and it's bloody annoying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:29 pm
I SING LIKE A ********' ZOMBIE! domokun  

Mrs. Pink Eyes

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:51 pm
Mrs. Pink Eyes

meaning the extent of your singing is an infernal moan that eventually drives people crazy to the point of killing members of their party. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:07 pm
mortsanglant
Mrs. Pink Eyes

meaning the extent of your singing is an infernal moan that eventually drives people crazy to the point of killing members of their party. xd
Well, that's what all the goffies like.  

Mrs. Pink Eyes

silhouette of a shadow

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:10 pm
what up!!! ima bass !  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:15 pm
Mrs. Pink Eyes

lmao that is great..i love it  

Fallentowards

silhouette of a shadow

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:19 pm
lol i gues you already new that from the last 10 or 20 forums weve talked in  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:38 pm
lol oh well does the topic ever get old?  

Fallentowards

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:48 pm
Mrs. Pink Eyes
mortsanglant
Mrs. Pink Eyes

Well, that's what all the goffies like.

I contest that.  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas