Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Create your Autobiography- Introduce Yourself Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:19 am
Create your Autobiography

exclaim Purpose
Tell us who you are, where you're from, what you play, etc. It's a great way for new members to introduce themselves to the guild and for old members to get to know each other better. 3nodding

exclaim Rules
-Only ONE post per user in the thread

-Give out as much information about yourself as you wish. I will no put limits on it. Just put out as much personal information as you feel comfortable.

-Try to keep it postive 3nodding

exclaim What to Post
Name:
Name of Your Band:
What Your Uniform Looks Like:
Favorite Song to Play:
Interests:
Other Gaian Hang Outs:
Other Online Hang Outs:
Personality:
Any other Additional Info:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:29 am
Name: Masquande- Masq for short

Instrument(s): Trumpet

Name of Your Band: Blue-Gray Pride (High School Band)

What Your Uniform Looks Like: Uh like something out some odd 80's music video? Ha ha no. It's a blue jacket with a sparkly baldrick/sash, silver bottons and this silver/metallic wrist arm things. Black gloves, black pants, black socks, and shiny black shoes. A black hat with a black and silver metallic plume. We also have the "warm" uniform which consists of black pants, socks, and our marching shoes and our black Zorror band shirt.

Favorite Song to Play: Twine Time <- a song strictly to our band xp

Interests: Band, Art, Anime/Manga, Interet, Video Games, Collecting Posters, and reading fantasy books

Other Gaian Hang Outs: the Lanzer Shrine (guild), the Full Metal Alchemist Guild, and the TokyoPop Guild.

Other Online Hang Outs: LiveJournal, Tearing Us Apart Oekaki Board, and deviantART

Personality: Uh let's see I'm kind of shy and quiet at first. I'm kind of goody two-shoes but that doesn't mean I don't break the rules. Once you get to know me I can be kind of demanding and violent (IRL) and a lot of people say I'm funny and crazy to be around but I don't know about that. sweatdrop

Any other Additional Info: I'm the unoffical section leader of the trumpet section at my school sweatdrop Oh and I'm a girl. 3nodding  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

iOggy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:32 am
I'll go first... since I seem to be the only other member at this point.

(UPDATED March 6, 2005)

Name: IRL-Paul Timothy Niewoonder. Online-Oggy
Birthday: August 6, 1987
Instrument(s): Trumpet, primarily. I also play marimba for Winterline.
Name of Your Band: Overland High School Marching Scots
What Your Uniform Looks Like: We have two uniforms, a "standard" unform for our Field Show, and a uniform for marching. The FS uniform has blue pants, a half-blue, half-white jacket, and a green sparkly thing that runs diagonally across the front. We also have blue shakos with white plumes. The marching uniform consists of: kilt, white jacket, green belt, a slightly-too-small hat, red plume, and a nice, heavy plaid. Please note that everything in the marching uniform is 100% wool.
Favorite Song to Play: Of the ones that we're playing this year? "Distorted" from Cirque de Soleil. Of all time? Probably last year in Jazz Band, when we played "In The Mood"
Interests: Band, Theatre (I'm a devoted techie), video games, math
Other Gaian Hang Outs: Not really applicable. This is where I am.
Other Online Hang Outs: Sleepywood.net
Personality: Umm. Kinda shy, but extremely intelligent. I don't know everything, but I do know a helluva lot, and I'm not afraid to let you know. I despise group projects (in class), but will gladly work with anybody, as long as they prove themselves to be competent at whatever it is we're doing.
Any other Additional Info: I'm a Trekkie from birth. Insult Star Trek at your own risk.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:41 am
Name: Nicole

Instrument(s): Clarinet

Name of Your Band: (name of town here) Bulldogs
What Your Uniform Looks Like: Haven't got one this year so I'll tell you later.

Favorite Song to Play: I don't have one.

Interests: Gaia, Friends, band(well duh), animals.

Other Gaian Hang Outs:Chatterbox and breedables.

Other Online Hang Outs:Yahoo messenger, msn messenger, what not.

Personality: Can be mad, sometimes fun sometimes not, easily bored.

Any other Additional Info: none.  

like a b u l l e t.

Dapper Citizen

SharpObject

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:01 pm
Name: Sharp Object

Instrument(s): Guitar, and... guitar.

Name of Your Band: I'm not in one. *pout* But the school band has Devil's in it I'm sure...

What Your Uniform Looks Like: Whatever you happen to wear... I have no clue what the school's is.

Favorite Song to Play: Nothing Else Matters by Metallica! Might change to Kickstand once I learn it.

Interests: Animals, Music, Rock N Roll Music, uber cool band of DOOM, Writing, and Reading.

Other Gaian Hang Outs: Chatterbox, Dark Hearts Guild (I lurk, I lurk...)

Other Online Hang Outs: Naptilis, Deadjournal

Personality: I'm a hyper weirdo at times, and at other times I'm a downer weirdo...

Any other Additional Info: I like cheese.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:54 pm
Name: Aryah (Brandi)

Instrument(s): Trumpet, French horn, Colorguard (all equip.)

Name of Your Band: McGuffey Highlanders (even though I graduated XP )

What Your Uniform Looks Like: ... too many to list

Favorite Song to Play: Mmm, I love jazz or swing songs

Interests: band, guard, music (duh) books, anime, art...

Other Gaian Hang Outs: Inferno, The Midnight Castle, along with a couple other places

Other Online Hang Outs: no real hangouts, but The devil's Panties,8-bit theatre, megatokyo.com, and My Xanga

Personality: introverted, but talkative. hard-headed and, wierd

Any other Additional Info: I had a flag pole named after me, b/c I was the shortest member and the only one who used it! xp

Ecchi Kuroi Neko

Jumar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:08 pm
Name: Alex
Instrument(s): Baritone, Tuba
Name of Your Band: Deep Run Marching Wildcats
What Your Uniform Looks Like: White pants, black top with silver balls, blue sash, white gloves, black hemlet, and a white fluffy plume
Favorite Song to Play: Inchon - Robert W. Smith
Interests: band, people, marching, LOTR, PotC
Other Gaian Hang Outs: none at the moment. i just appear in random threads
Other Online Hang Outs: greatest journal 8-bit theatre bob and george
Personality: i like things?
Any other Additional Info: i like things?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:27 pm
Name: Lord Kiwii (Danny)
Instrument(s): Trumpet-Also the best in the city at marching the triangle....though I have only done it once (funny story)
Name of Your Band: Madeira Marching Mustangs
What Your Uniform Looks Like: (Will Post a Pic on Monday 8/25)
Favorite Song to Play: On Trumpet? Happy Birthday smile
Interests: Music, Band, Politics, Chilling with friends.........
Other Gaian Hang Outs: I live in the ED mainly poltical subform and can be found lurking occansionally in the music and sports.
Other Online Hang Outs: (-Can't Disclose-) but I can say they are political forum sites.
Personality: Hard to describe
Any other Additional Info:
(MORE COMMING 8/24)  

KiwiiHead

Shunsuke Akagi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:20 pm
Name: I am known as Paris among me band-ish friends. ninja

Instrument(s): Clarinet. Used to play piano. Just picked up the trumpet recently, but I will always be woodwind. 3nodding

Name of Your Band: Franklin High Marching Rebels. 3nodding heart

What Your Uniform Looks Like: It's maroon with yellow and white trim. Mostly yellow, but the official school colors are "maroon and white/gray". Our hats are maroon with big yellow plumes, which our director Mr. Jones calls "those big yellow chicken things". o.O We're getting new uniforms this fall of '05. blaugh

Favorite Song to Play: Greensleeves. xd El Capitan. Festivo.

Interests: Writing, anime, reading mass amounts of books, mostly just interested in band...it's my life. biggrin heart

Other Gaian Hang Outs: My "The THREAD OF NO RETURN!" (changed my name to Shunsuke Akagi...and I changed my siggy...won't show up here, I don't think. o.o), this guild, the FHS Freaks Unite Guild Style, that million pages thread in Chatterbox, and...yeah. 3nodding

Other Online Hang Outs: I'm thinking of getting a LiveJournal, or maybe a D.Art, but I have two oekaki boards of my own and I visit my friend's frequently.

Personality: A good word for me is "mellow". Unless I'm hyper. But I tend to be laid-back. o.O;

Any other Additional Info: I am freshman. whee The GGN won't let my name show up as Shunsuke Akagi, nor will it show my signature (which has a snapshot of my show in it...I see me! eek ), and I love the smell of kiwi. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:11 pm
Name:Ashley aka Skye of Thunder

Instrument(s): Trumpet, Tuba, Sousaphone, Baritone, Clarinet, Banjo, Piano, Fife (For the sake of a short post, I'll stop for now.... whee )

Name of Your Band: Band of Champions

What Your Uniform Looks Like: Well, let's see...*goes and gets uniform out of closet to describe it* Our pants are blue (almost royal blue) with a red stripe up the sides. The jacket is red with blue horizontal stripes and everything is trimmed in white. Silver buttons adorn the jacket also. (Pretty much what you expect an old military band to look like)

Favorite Song to Play: Just one? I have so many...Well, number one would be our fight song. It's the chorus from the Battle Hymn of the Republic (You know..."Glory, glory, Hallelujiah..." of course, we changed the words). My next favorite song is Hey Baby...mainly seeing how I have a solo...hehe....

Interests: Band, Band, Band, Band...Oh...did I mention band? Also marching band, all types of music and instruments....Aviation, the Military (Marine Corps...Hooah!), Books, Poetry, Gaia, Talking to people from all over the world on the internet, Making new friends...online lol, Running, Skiing (both kinds)...Pretty much anything...

Other Gaian Hang Outs: Musician's Forum, GD

Other Online Hang Outs: MarchingBandPlanet.com (Minus the captial letters...hehe....Highly suggest for you marching band peeps out there), my Blog on Xanga, TubaNews.com, BandNerd.com

Personality: I'm a very shy and quiet person who has just recently started coming out of her shell....I'm one of those people who freaks out when she has to stand up and present in front of a class...hehe...., I love to make new friends (even though most of them turn out to be in band). You should never think you have finally figured me out...I'm very unpredictable mainly in the different moods I have....I'm a hard worker with a lot of self-discipline...I can control everything that I do and I have a lot of will power. At the risk of sounding smug, which I don't mean to, I'll say that I'm a pretty smart person and I love to have intellectual talks with people...hehe.....go figure.... xp

Any other Additional Info: Well, I'm once again a section leader...even if my section only consists of two people...hehe...Go Sousas!! It's actually pretty cool...I'm the only tuba in high school.....all the more power to me! 3nodding  

Skye of Thunder

Ascend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:14 pm
Name: Ami; Kaitlyn irl

Instrument(s): Trombone and a bit of flute

Name of Your Band: SP Tiger Cubs

What Your Uniform Looks Like: Uber-stupid. Grey shirts, black pants, etc.

Favorite Song to Play: Jericho, with my Jazz band. heart

Interests: Band, reading, Internet, talking with friends

Other Gaian Hang Outs: I'm an Exchange and Manga forum whore, School of Dedicated RPers, Anti Anzu-Bashers, my quest thread.

Other Online Hang Outs: Too many forums to name. x_X;, FF.net

Personality: Whenever I meet someone, whether I know them or not, they usually say, "You look tired." Though I'm usually not, of course. Between people, I'm usually the peacemaker. I despise fighting. I like being avant garde, and if you choose to take a cynic's perspective, I'm in a "weirdos" clique. I'm shy around adults, but am not afraid of talking to (or hugging or glaring at) someone my age, even if I don't know them. I tend to make friends easily. ^^;

Any other Additional Info: I live for manga. domokun I also live for Thai food. >3  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:51 pm
Name: Neko Kafweenu (Kat)

Instuments: Guard, Flute, some guitar

Name of Band: Kings High School Marching Band/Concert Band

Uniform: (guard) shades of red with butt-flap thing. (we kinda look like Power Rangers or Ninjas or something)

Fave flag trick: double toss
Fave rifle trick: quad toss (w00t!)

Interests: music, anime, manga, drawing, guard, dance, video games

Other Gaian Hangouts: Legend of Zelda Guild, Ohio Guild, Colorguard Guild

Other online hangouts: this is really the only website I go to anymore sweatdrop

Personality: I talk to people online much better than I do in person, but once I get to know someone, I can be very outgoing.

Other additional info: I love purple and ramen is my fave food!!!!  

Neekroo

Enjuchan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:16 pm
Nyu! Me posty now.

Name: Amber Victoria Feldman....^.^

Instrument(s): Band related...Colorguard flag, and flute if I choose to. Non-band....viola

Name of Your Band: It WAS The NOrth Salem High Vikings, and was almost the Overland Marching Scots...but my mom said no to it...

What Your Uniform Looks Like: Last one I wore was dress pants, a green sequinned black shirt, and green Converse...the MBand wore Kilts! Kilts! muahaha

Favorite Song to Play: Tonight - West Side Story

Interests: Choir, Orchestra, band, art, photography, reading, bass guitar, manga, japanese culture&language, anime, computers, JROTC, and etc.

Other Gaian Hang Outs: Umm..Night Bar(looks for name of it)

Other Online Hang Outs: BTP - mIRC, LJ, Xanga, Chaos-space, Yahoo, Uproar,
Personality: I am a weirdo. I love rifle team, and have good aim...BEWARE! I love to be random, and I try for seriousness at times, other times, it just doesn't work, lol. I'm firendly and outgoing, and I love anybody and anything that sparks an interest in me NYUU!

Any other Additional Info: *insults star trek, just for Woggy..* I love Star Trek, Star Wars, Star Gate....I guess you could say I'm a "Starrie" Not a trekkie..lol, but I love anythig that comes my way interesting. ^.^

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:14 pm

I feel like the coolest person ever 'cause I'm a part of the Band Nerd Guild. *dies happy*

Name: Satin Doll... SD
Instrument(s): Piano, oboe, & trombone
Name of Your Band: N/A?
What Your Uniform Looks Like: Black and white, black pants, jacket is split in a diagonal of black and white. "Marching Knights" on sleeve. I can't remember the rest. stressed
Favorite Song to Play: Oy. Stand version of Superman on t-bone, Can You Feel The Love Tonight (vocal solo) on oboe, and Elton John's "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" on piano.
Interests: Band, music, computers, anime/manga...
Other Gaian Hang Outs: Musician's Forum (Woohoo!), Chatterbox, and Sports Forum (This is funny because I am the most non-competitive, uncoordinated person in the world, and besides, I despise sports. But wait, isn't marching band a fall sport? xp )
Other Online Hang Outs: Ahh! LJ and updating my website (shameless plug: http://vodka.at/entitiescorp)
Personality: I find that I'm bad at making impressions, and I know plenty about myself, but I can never remember what to say, so you'll have better luck just talking to me and deducing what my character is. Cool?
Any other Additional Info: I'm a freshman in high school. o.o I'm pretty short, and I'm of Taiwanese descent. I like pineapple-flavored soda and lots of different kinds of soup. mrgreen

Satin Doll

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:39 pm
Most of this will look like my sister's, *point's to Neko Kafweenu's post* since we're in the same band and everything.

Name: David, also known as Durza the Shade and Arca Jeth

Instrument: Clarinet, and (sort of) tenor sax. Oh, and I can sing, too.

Name of your Band: Kings High School Marching Band. (our mascot is the Knights)

What your uniform looks like: The pants, shoes and socks are black. The jacket is white on top and black on bottom, so it blends with the pants, and has three red stripes on the front, going from right, ending in the middle with silver buttons, and each stripe is shorter than the one above it. Red stripes on the shoulders also. Gauntlets are white with red trim, gloves are white, and shakos are black with black plumes, the only ugly part of the whole shebang. Our drum major variation on the uniform is completely black, with white stripes where the red would be. (sorry about the overdose of description - I had wanted to make a thread about just this).

Favorite songs to play: Various movie and video game soundtrack melodies that I learned by ear and taught myself to play, especially Star Wars and LotR.

Interests: Star Wars (Episode III, May 19 2005!), band and choir, Nintendo, reading, especially fantasy novels, and movie music, especially John Williams.

Other Gaian Hangouts: Star Wars guild, the Zelda addiction guild, the Mercedes Lackey Appreciation thread

Other online hangouts: forums.starwars.com

Personality: I'm friendly and helpful to everyone, but a close friend to only a few. I try to be cheerful and nice all the time, but can get stressed out, and pride in my band and other things I can do can occasionally make me a little arrogant. Taking a loss on a technicality can really tick me off.

Additional Info: Anyone who follows BOA, look for Kings High at the Massilon regional this year! It's the first time we've gone there, and the competition shouldn't be as hard as at St. Louis and Indianapolis, where we've gone the two years I've been in band.  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff