Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
Compulsory Identity Cards? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Warnersister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:15 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:20 pm
I think that there are obvious advantages to having ID cards. I have also noticed that almost all the arguements against them seem to go along the lines of 'I don't need a card to tell me who I am!'.

If I were to implement a system of government, I would have ID cards as compulsary. In fact, I already have to carry 3 seperate cards with me to be sure that I can get everything that I am entitled to. One would be much easier.

However, I have recieved all of the above mentioned cards for free, why must I pay for this one?

and_solo_said

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:31 pm
I don't agree with the ID cards. It'll only cause trouble and make ID fraud easier. I'm not to bad about loosing things but I know a lot of people who would probably end up going through a card a month.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:45 am
I am personally completely against the governments proposals. However I am not as concerned about the ID Card itself than I am concerned about the NIR.  

Mr. Bono Vox

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:03 pm
Much cost, for something that will bring no tangible benefits. and expose us to predictably incompetent management of the national database.

Well, ******** that. I'm not carrying one.

Bloody foreigners.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:57 am
I don't see how it would make any significant positive difference. It would just be complicated and costly. That, and there'd most likely be some huge organisation disaster with it which would probably cost more money for us.  

Flamed-Freak

dizzyjess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:54 pm
I get the feeling that ID cards have only been suggested because somebody somewhere who has probably made a donation to the Labour party is going to make some serious money out of the scheme. Look at PFI, its what the whole New Labour private contractors for better service shebang works on -profit margins.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am
I don't really see the point of them, but I would get one...if it was free stare  

Lou101

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:20 am
dizzyjess
I get the feeling that ID cards have only been suggested because somebody somewhere who has probably made a donation to the Labour party is going to make some serious money out of the scheme. Look at PFI, its what the whole New Labour private contractors for better service shebang works on -profit margins.
ID cards have been suggested because the goverrnment wanted something to control the population and because there are passport changes coming in in other EU countries the Blair government are using passports and ID cards along with the NIR to do it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:20 am
Mr. Bono Vox
dizzyjess
ID cards have been suggested because the goverrnment wanted something to control the population and because there are passport changes coming in in other EU countries the Blair government are using passports and ID cards along with the NIR to do it.

If you get an Irish passport, you can avoid the ID cards, apparently.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:24 pm
Invictus_88
Mr. Bono Vox
dizzyjess

If you get an Irish passport, you can avoid the ID cards, apparently.
Good for those who do I suppose... But thats just not for me. xd  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:44 am
Do you remember when is the latest point we can renew our passports and avoid the ID system?

confused

Invictus_88
Captain

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:21 am
Invictus_88
Do you remember when is the latest point we can renew our passports and avoid the ID system?

confused
I think it is next year some time. I may be wrong.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:16 am
Invictus_88

confused

Wait until the rest of the world starts demanding biometric visas or a biometric passport in order to enter their countries. XD  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:01 am
I think we (Iguana) are drifting into the realms of fantasy here. I doubt any of us will live to see the day that your pasport has your DNA sequence on it, but I wouldn't care if we did.

We had all of this exact same bollocks when they introduced passports in the first place, and we will have more of it every time they add more.

Would you say that you are any less an individual than your great great great great great great great grandfather was? I wouldn't, and I don't think that the government being abble to calculate the weight of my liver from endless ACGT sequences will.

The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games