Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Personal] Liking a guy who might be straight. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Metalisk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:04 pm
Lets say you like a guy in your class but you dont know if he likes you and you dont want the whole school to know what do u do?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:26 pm
Hrm...in my opinion, I think you should just approach it much like you would as if you wanted to make a friend...then drop subtle clues and hints that you like them and see how they respond...either A.) they will crack, and admit their feelings to you...or B.) They will decline your advances.

Basically, I'm just saying:

Take it one step at a time, get to know the guy first.

Vak

Fashionable Raider

`Hello Kitty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:11 pm
i would try to be their friend first

relationships are stronger if you have a good friendship and yeah then give hints and such ^^

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:22 pm
i would also try 2 b their friend...but it would suck if he was straight XPPPPPPPPPPPP  

Kuri Garu

8,775 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100

Doi Hachiro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:47 pm
Don't go after him, he's probably straight.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:52 pm
I would probably try to be friends with him first and sound the ground, but...

Actually, I have done this once and ended up nearly best friends with a girl I was infatuated with. At the point when I realized I had no chance with her we were already so close that I was almost suffocating, but I couldn't break it off, because well, we were friends! Then I got over it, and we're still good pals today.

I mean, if you decide to take the long way, you can never tell where it might lead you. Sometimes, things can just get too confusing.  

Iciak

ChiiruChan

Cute Hunter

12,250 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:41 pm
gets friends with him and find out if hes streight before asking  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:46 pm
Vak
Hrm...in my opinion, I think you should just approach it much like you would as if you wanted to make a friend...then drop subtle clues and hints that you like them and see how they respond...either A.) they will crack, and admit their feelings to you...or B.) They will decline your advances.

Basically, I'm just saying:

Take it one step at a time, get to know the guy first.

I agree with that.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Wyrdel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:07 pm
I agree that a friendship must be made first. Relationships are meaningless unless you also view the person as a close friend. Establish a strong friendship first, then move onto a relationship. And don't be afraid of rejection. Even if he declines a relationship with you, he may not decline staying close to you as a friend. Then see where that takes you. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:34 pm
Aproach him, try and find some common ground, shared interests and build a friendship on those. If you get along well then after a while (if your feelings still remain as strong as before) you can aproach him about a possible relationship. If you can't even be friends then a relationship is out of the question, so that's obviously a good place to start. Get to know him and try not to walk into the straight spiketrap when asking as that might be pretty embarassing.
But hey, a trusted friend isn't a bad thing either, right?  

[OMFG NARKI]

Raven_Of_The_Sky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:52 pm
Get to know him first and try to be friends..Nothing more to add.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:36 pm
I say just walk right up to him, and tell him you like him.

and if the guys name is Ben but everyone calls him Mendori, and your name is Luke,

DEFINITELY tell him you like him.

i- i mean HE wink would be ecstatic to hear that, im sure. ^-^

HINT HINT.  

Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori

Zachod

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:28 pm
I support the friends strategy, is safer! plus if you catch the guy your relationship will be stronger because of the previous friendship, it worked with my current g-friend!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:36 pm
I agree with everyone else. Be friends first!! Feel them out, see what theyre about. 3nodding  

TokiTokiBun

Violet n_n

650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:40 pm
LoliBunniofdoom333
I agree with everyone else. Be friends first!! Feel them out, see what theyre about. 3nodding

Seconded.

It's best to start off slow, and create a strong friendship with him. After that, hints (as everyone said) will help ease the situation, and maybe by that time he will accept it, or even confess any feelings he had for you.

- n_n  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces