Welcome to Gaia! ::

Utopia Academy: Between the Pages

Back to Guilds

A collection of what happens behind the scenes of the main thread. 

Reply Year 1 Sept. 9th to Sept. 20th Time Skip
Storms and Saviors

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rob-n-h00d
Crew

Clean Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:50 am
User Image
Characters: Ophelia and Oliver
Prompt: Ophelia requires the assistance of her Savior once more when she is found stuck outside beneath a tree during a freak thunderstorm that seems to appear out of nowhere.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:24 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image

𝓨OUR'RE 𝓒AUGHT 𝓑ETWEEN 𝓣HE 𝑫𝑨𝑹𝑲𝑵𝑬𝑺𝑺 𝓐ND 𝓣HE 𝓓𝓐𝓦𝓝
YOU'RE NOT ALONE YOU'RE NOT ALONE YOU'RE NOT ALONE
• βecause xx• Λllxx• Wexx• Νeedxx• Isxx• ĐayL↑ght
LOCATION: Outside xxx COMPANY: Alone xxx CLOTHING: sweater dress

Giggling like a schoolgirl, Ophelia stumbled into her room, more than ready to relax after a fulfilling evening of drinking, gossiping, and shiny stone collecting alongside Orby and Alosa. She worked to shake off her coat, the smell of seawater and sand abruptly assaulting her senses. She drew back, surprised by the severity of the smell. Inspecting her trinkets would have to wait until after a well-deserved shower.

The dutches quickly traded the sea salt and sand aroma for lilac and lemongrass, snuggled within the soft linen towel wrapped against her squeaky clean skin. Ophelia seized the half-filled bottle of spirits on her table and slumped into her silk-lined sheets. Orby moved to zoom over her head, knocking over her full satchel to spill out the precious stones concealed inside. Eager to prune out its favorite finds of the trio's adventure. Ophelia's fingers traced behind her hopping friend, rapidly picking each confiscated piece up to add to Orby's windowsill collection. "You do like the pointy ones, don't you?" She chuckled, twisting the final stone in her hands before setting it down next to the others. Orby's color shifted between an excited shade of violet and frustrated orange as it twirled down to adjust the point of a slightly off-kilter stone.

Ophelia shook her head and began to prune over the remaining stones, looking for a particular one she had found just before leaving the lake. The steady dip and rounding swoop of its shape reminded her of a bird in flight. And she knew of a boy who, she thought, might like it as much as she did. After inspecting all the stones on her bed, she began to frantically dig through her bag, frustrated when there was no stone in sight. Ophelia grumbled, finishing off her bottle and then dropping to the floor to search the delicate fringes of her rug. In a final attempt to find it, she crawled under her bed, forcing Orby to act as a searchlight. After what felt like an eternity of searching, Ophelia's head fell into her palms, scrubbing vigorously at her lashes. What had she been doing the last time she had it? She tried to retrace her steps, envisioning how the day went after she'd found it. Her stomach dropped at the realization of where she'd left it. She popped her head up, forgetting where she was, and smacked against her bedframe.—" Ahhhh s**t" She whined as she crawled out from under her bed. " I don't have time for this. Orby, let's go! We gotta go back to that Oak tree." She grumbled, aggressively rubbing the tender spot on her head. She quickly peeled off her towel and rushed to drag on the first article of clothing she could get her hands on, running into her sandals as she bolted out the door. Beelineing to the giant oak tree that separated the seaside from its neighboring forestry.

She darted down the halls, more accustomed to its maze-like winding layout by this point. As she moved, she pulled down her dress, shyly skirting past other students out wandering. Why did it feel so much shorter? If her Mother could see her now, she would have a fit and chastise her for daring to run around in such improper clothing. Only floor length dresses and jewelry for a Dutches at all times. Blah, Blah, Blah... But she had seen worse in her time here and didn't plan to be out long anyway. Simply wandering to the last place she remembered having the bird stone.

She made it out the doors, around Setho's camp - unnoticed. Thank mother sun- and past the small pavilions marking the halfway point. The walk wasn't That far, but Ophelia's somewhat drunken steps did have her taking twice as long to get there. Once she reached her destination, her fingers found their mark balancing on the tree's lower branches. She had slid the stone up there to help Alosa understand the shape better, apparently too intoxicated to bother remembering to bring it back down. Ophelia sighed in relief, holding the precious stone to her chest as she slid down to sit at the tree's base. Her gaze trailed over the lapping water, the setting sun casting glittering light over each well-timed wave curve. Reminding her of his light blue eyes. A blooming warmth trailed from her chest at the thought of gifting this small, insignificant gift to Oliver. She hoped he liked it.

She nestled her head back into the cozy nook between the tree's massive roots. The steady sound of the water and warm sun rays had her eyelids growing heavy. It was so nice outside, she didn't dare move. Orby even nuzzled it's way into the crook of her neck; both entities washed in sudden exhaustion. She'd take a small nap, no more than five minutes, then trek back to her room.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

CRACK

Lightning cracked across the sky, sending Ophelia's body jerking upright. Her heart threatened to leap out of her rib cage as she frantically looked around. The world around her was completely void of light, a steady sound of heavy rainfall echoing in the shadows around her. Her drowsy brain took far too long to recall where she was. "Oh no… no, please tell me this is a nighmare. It's not raining."

She launched herself out of her nook, Orby whirring to life beside her. Stumbling forward, her arms outstretched as she searched for the end of the tree's towering canopy. Halting the moment she felt heavy rain drenching her fingers. Panic flooded her, turning her blood ice-cold at the realization that she couldn't find her way back. Her father's words swirled through her head. " We can't send Ophelia. She's a useless embarrassment to the kingdom. All it'll take is one stormy day, one moonless night, and they'll realize how incompetent she is without that Orb." She cringed at the memory, as though he stood beside her, whispering in her ear. Orby's colors morphed frantically, switching between grey and ice blue in pure, undulated panic at their situation. The moment she stepped past the protective barrier the tree offered, Orby would be stranded, and she would be left to drown in a never-ending sea of black. She released a frustrated groan, hands running through her hair as she leaned back, expecting to smack against the tree's base.

Ophelia's body met open air, sending her stumbling to try and catch herself. Her sandal caught on an outstretched root, snapping her foot to an unnatural angle as she collided with the ground. Her chest tightened, fighting to contain a scream in agony from clawing up her throat. Orby jolted around her, colors rapidly flashing between a worried pale green and scared blue. She groaned, her body flushed with heat as she swatted it away, silently begging for room. She sat up, heaving in rapid breaths as she yanked her foot free. Finally allowing a weak cry to break loose as pain rolled through her body in a second wave.

She swallowed the nausea burning her throat as she pulled herself back against the tree. Had her father been right? Should she never have come here? Orby hovered on her lap, blackened stress circling at its usually bright core. "I-It'll be fine-" she lied between gasping breaths. Unsure if she was trying to convince Orby or herself. Maybe it was a pathetic attempt to convince the world that her father's words couldn't be valid. But they were, if she used Orby to heal, she would be completely alone in the dark. Stranded and afraid. A fate far worse than swallowing the pain of a snapped ankle. "It's not that bad. The rain will stop, and then-." Her voice trailed off. Then what? Would she call out for help in the middle of the night and wake the entire school? Mother sun no... She would drag herself back on her knees before doing that. Maybe she could wait until morning when Alosa woke to meet for their morning swim. All she had to do was sleep outside. But would it really be possible? On a cold and rainy night in September? A chilled wind tore through her, biting at her exposed legs. She curled her legs up to her chest, cradling her ankle as lighting cracked across the sky, making her flinch. The deep, rumbling thunder shook the ground around her as though it was laughing at her stupidity.

OOC: Everything before the CRASH is just fluff lol

User Image

Rob-n-h00d
Crew

Clean Bunny

love me til death
Crew

Benevolent Flatterer

13,725 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Medalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:15 pm
User Image
User Image

"Talk." 'Thoughts.'

Oliver had spent the night drinking over at Ivan's. It didn't take much for the prince to open up about this current predicament; Ophelia and how he couldn't get her out of his head. Ivan was fast with a cure. He needed to just do something about it. Seemingly so stupid but also incredibly intelligent, Ivan was like that. Oliver liked how quickly Ivan acted and it always seemed to work out for him; at least in Oliver's eyes.

"You're right man, I'm just going to make my way over to my dorm and ask her how she feels about me. I'm just going to do it." He felt himself starting to slur his words slightly but he was still confident he could make his way over to the girl's hallway without making a fool of himself. He walked out of Ivan's room and started making his way over, noticing the rain start to come down. He was grateful because it helped him start to sober up. He felt more aware of his body as the rain touched down on his face.

The water started to fall faster down as the sky began to darken more. Oliver started to quicken his pace as he heard thunder roar and a loud CRACK. Oliver looked over, startled by the noise, and noticed a dimly flashing orb in the distance. 'Orby?' He wondered if it was just wishful thinking of the girl he wanted to see, now out here with him in the storm. He started walking toward the orb, seeing it flash grey and ice blue. He wasn't sure what the two colors meant but he felt like Orby was signaling for him to come closer.

"Ophelia?!" He yelled out, still not seeing her through the darkness and pouring rain. No response. He noticed Orby changing colors now as he got closer to the fallen tree, a pale green and blue, deeper than before. Was it beaconing him to come closer still? He started dashing to the tree, immediately noticing the fallen duchess. He bent down to her, looking at the scared look on her face, "Ophelia? What are you doing out here?" He said, sounding slightly demanding but mostly concerned, "Are you hurt?" As he asked he answered his question, looking down at her ankle. Even through the rain, he could tell it was starting to swell.

Oliver got closer to her and wrapped himself around her. Despite the cold rain pouring down on him, he felt nothing but warmth as he held her close to him. He could feel her panicked breathing as he held her, they weren't going anywhere until she had calmed down. 'Why was she even out here?' He wondered as he thought about how long she might have been out here in the cold, panicking. The prince tried to calm her down by rubbing his fingers down her back, "It's going to be okay. I'm here now." He whispered to her, burying her head into his chest, "Let's get you out of here." he said as he deepened the hug between the two of them, attempting to shield Ophelia from any more rainfall.

OOC: Move Olly however you need. heart
Company: Ivan->Ophelia
Attire: x
Thoughts: I'm not strong but I'll move mountains for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:47 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Ophelia's head snapped to the side, straining her ears, she could have sworn someone called her name.

No, that couldn’t be right. Her arms curled tighter around her, sure the pain and plummeting temperature were messing with her head. No one would be out in this weather. She silently cursed herself. Realizing she had grown too confident during her time here, and look where she ended up as a result. Completely lost and broken in a spot she had spent most of her time in. Then she heard them, heavy footfalls slamming into the ground. Orby wiggled its way from her arms, a hopeful golden yellow radiating to illuminate Oliver's swiftly approaching figure. Relief swirled through her, her arms untangling to reach for him. "Ophelia? What are you doing out here?"
The demand in his tone had Ophelia’s overwhelming relief faltering. She understood the worry blended into his tone, but with her father's words staining her thoughts, she felt the sudden uncontrollable need to apologize for her actions. Believing Oliver was also going to be mad if she didn’t explain herself or offer up what her plan had been for fixing it. “"Are you hurt?"

She saw his gaze drop, her fingers rushed to hide her ankle, the simple movement feeling like shards of glass stabbing into her skin. The rush of pain kickstarted a broken record of apologies in her mind. She knew better than to be outside at night; she didn’t do this on purpose and wouldn’t make this mistake again. ” I... It was an accident. I know I shouldn’t be outside-” Her words trembled as she heaved out a breath. She tried to swallow the pain, to contain the rising emotion. Her frantic gaze lifted to look at him. Waiting for the disappointment to flash across his eyes.

But it didn’t come; instead, he was curling around her, the repeating record in her mind snapping at the comforting contact. His effortless need to make sure she was okay was a palpable warmth that spread through her. The feeling alien to her in these situations. He was worried about how she felt, not irritated to find her in this predicament. "It's going to be okay. I'm here now." She pressed into him, the gentle weight of his hand at her back shattering the damn she’d built up. letting him shoulder the wet mixture of fear and pain purging from her In violent trembles... "Let's get you out of here." Unable to speak, she nodded against him, silently winding her arms around his neck so his hands could easily slide into place. With one small heave, the prince lifted her. Holding her tight against him while he made his way back towards the school with a surprising amount of ease. Her gaze flicked down to Orby, ensuring the small orb was cradled safely between them. Using its light, she stole a glimpse at the stone still tight in her grasp. Silently thanking the stars for sending Oliver to help her. She began to think this stone was lucky as if it had drawn the man to her. Her breathing slowed as she nuzzled into the small space between Oliver’s collar and neck. Taking the liberty to press her glacier nose against the soft skin there. She told herself it was just to steal his warmth, but in all honesty, it was the intoxicating sensation of his skin under her lips, the comforting smell of a wood-burning fire and liquor that swirled through her senses from being this close to him. Hinting at what he had been doing before finding her. She wondered who he had been drinking with. She pulled back just enough to murmure against his skin. “Can we stop at the pavilion? it should be a safe spot for me to use Orby to heal.” it was a half-truth. She could definitely wait to utilize Orby’s light to heal within the school's weather-protected walls. But this once, she wanted to request something just for her. Call her selfish, but It had been a while since she had Oliver’s full attention all to herself. Was it so bad to want to be together without the watchful eye of others around them? Friends could do that, couldn’t they?

She felt the rain direction shift at her request, trusting he could locate the pavilion in the sea of black surrounding them. Trading the pelting rain on their skin for the sound of gentle drumming against steel, she knew they had found their refuge. With no seats in the small space, Oliver balanced her on the small ledge that encircled the patio. His arm slipped from beneath her knees, but her hand caught the other arm around her waist, gripping it in place, needing him to help her balance... Or that was what she told herself. Orby floated between them, illuminating Oliver for her to see clearly, his kind eyes sparking that fire deep in her chest. “ I’m so sorry.” There was that common phrase between the two of them. “I came out here to find your stone, and it was so warm, I-I-I don’t know, we fell asleep. I shouldn’t have been drinking or outside so close to sunset.” Her pitch grew higher as she explained, hands fumbling in front of her. She felt her center of gravity shifting. her hands instantly shooting out to grip Olly again. Mother sun, could she do anything right?

“ I just wanted to give you this.” Her voice had become a defeated whisper. Orby fluttered beside her hand, offering light for Oliver to see and for Ophelia to gauge his reaction as she uncurled her fingers.

OOC: You can also move Phi if needed :3

User Image

Rob-n-h00d
Crew

Clean Bunny

love me til death
Crew

Benevolent Flatterer

13,725 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Medalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:45 pm
User Image
User Image

"Talk." 'Thoughts.'

Oliver was grateful to have remembered his classroom instructor's lesson about using what he thought was a useless power. He held the girl close, thinking deeply about how he wanted to be able to lift her. He started to lift, sighing with relief that his power had worked, making her lighter and easier for him to carry. Ophelia didn’t seem to question his athletic ability which was a nice change from his family training sessions.

'I need to find somewhere with the sun.' He thought to himself, knowing that was near impossible at this point in the night. 'The rain definitely isn’t helping. But I have to stay calm, I can’t let her know I don’t know what I am doing.' He thought, still walking her around, unsure where to take her at this point in the night. He wasn’t sure if the nurse was available at this hour or if they would get in trouble for being together this late in the night. He was tempted to take her back to his dorm when he heard her request to stop at the pavilion.

”Of course,” He replied, happy with the update. He felt his powers start to fade as they made their way to the pavilion, but he continued to trek forward. Oliver focused heavily on the path ahead, thinking only about how long he could continue to keep Ophelia afloat before he would eventually drop her. He praised the powers that be that he made it there, sure it was all because of the woman he was holding’s belief in him.

Making it to the pavilion, Oliver immediately noticed there were no places to sit. He felt his body start to give out and tried to let her go as gently as possible. Oliver placed her on a small ledge and noticed her body start to wobble and grab onto his other hand. He looked at Ophelia, ready to apologize but the words wouldn’t come out. Instead, he was hypnotized by her beauty as Orby’s light shined on her. He looked around briefly, noticing they were finally alone for the first time since the first day they met. He was thankful for the storm, despite the damage it caused, it brought them together.

Oliver returned his attention to the bright-haired woman, surprised to hear her apologize. It seemed to be a love language for them at this point. 'My stone?' He thought, confused by her short but cute ramble. He had never mentioned a stone of any significance or meaning to her before. He worried briefly she might be remembering a conversation with someone else when he felt her him again in an attempt to regain balance. His face was bright red for a moment, as he offered his hand for support but was met with an offering.

Her hand reached out and uncurled her fingers revealing a smooth stone in the shape of a bird. A big smile spread across his face, she had listened to his stories and knew him. It felt like she was offering more than just a stone in the moment as Orby’s light shined brightly making it seem like a gift from the Gods, ”How did you-” he cut himself off, ”It’s perfect. Thank you.” He said, taking the stone from her hand and giving it a closer look.

He looked back at the girl, was it possible she risked going out this late just to bring him a simple present? It was getting harder for him to reason that she only saw him as a friend. As much as he tried to deny them, feeling like there was no way someone like her could fall for someone who made as many mistakes as him, she was still there. She was here, right in front of him, and for once, what he wanted to do and what he thought he should do matched perfectly.

He put the stone in his pocket and positioned his hands on the girl’s waist focusing on his powers once again. Oliver picked her up and lifted her towards him. He looked up at her face, Orby once again complimenting her features perfectly like she was an angel herself. He started to bring her down, her face passing by his. He pressed his lip against hers, feeling her soft lips against his. When he felt her body touch the ground he let go of his powers and released his lips, backing away slowly. ”Thank you again.” He said, trying to hide the huge grin on his face.

”I’m sorry,” He said, returning to their love language once more, ”I couldn’t help it. You’re just… So perfect.” He attempted to explain his actions and implusiveness to the girl. He looked down at her bright blue orbs in the glowing light again, fighting the urge to kiss her again. He touched her face, pushing back some stray hairs, did he deserve to be with someone as wonderful as her? With his current engagement and past interaction with Fio, he knew the answer was no. But right now that didn't matter. She made him want to try and be the man she deserved, a true prince. He moved his other hand to her waist and moved his head lower to reach hers. He pushed his lips against hers once more, exploring more of her mouth.

OOC: Move Olly however you need. heart
Company:Ophelia
Attire: x
Thoughts: Let me be your prince

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:41 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Her eyes scanned his face, bottom lip slipping between her teeth as she watched the realization bloom in his eyes. The ice-like purls of stress and guilt that had formed in her chest melted at the sight of his genuine excitement. Relief slipped from her in a breathless giggle as he plucked the stone from her palm, holding it up to inspect its intricate shape. She took this chance to weave a string of light from Orby. The warming glow that trailed down her thigh and curled around her ankle wouldn’t be enough to fully heal whatever she had broken, but that selfish part of her wasn’t willing to risk letting her vision fade to staunch the pain. Too desperate to see him, to absorb every second of that radiant feeling seeing him produced. The pain in her ankle lifted, its significant swell deflating just enough for her to hopefully return to the school without assistance. As much as she believed Oliver would carry her wherever she needed to go, she didn’t want to be that burden for him.

She could feel the heat of his stare boring into her skin, the weight of it coloring her cheeks as she drew her gaze back up to meet his. There were many things flicking behind those hypnotizing eyes, so many colors she couldn’t keep track. It looked like Oliver was resisting the intentions that bloomed around him, fighting against some dark force that threatened to drag him under. She silently begged him to let go of them, a plea to take the chance and see where these rising intentions took him. As if he heard her thoughts, the ribbons of emotion floating around him morphed into shifting hues of pink. Heat swirled down to her stomach, only familiar with that color from lovers she had witnessed from afar. Never had she been the cause of them…Never had someone looked at her with more than a deep, pleased violet.

His hands slid perfectly into the curve of her waist as he slowly lifted her into the air. Even with how gentle he was, a surprised gasp still slipped from her lips as Ophelia’s hands rushed to find perch on his shoulders. Suspended above him, the only thing she could focus on was the blazing look in his eyes, burning like sunlight against the void of midnight that swarmed her this late at night. Ophelia could feel her heart pounding in her throat, the world moving in slow motion as she descended. Her gaze traced his lips, knowing if she tilted her head just right, she could brush her lips against his and finally push them over that edge they teetered against.

Oliver's lips brushed hers, and she wasn’t sure which one had leaned in first, but that no longer mattered. The feeling was nothing like she had imagined. Not strained, ridged, and awkward like she had heard about when having your first kiss…No, this was so much better. Waves of merciful bliss that bloomed over her in steady pulses. She couldn’t get enough of it. Closing her eyes, Ophelia’s fingers slid into his hair, pulling him closer so she could move her mouth against his. Desperate for more of this feeling that ripped the air from her lungs.

Then his mouth tore away from hers, the sudden cold rushing between them debilitating. She wabbled, unstable as she tried to remember when he put her down. The steady throbs of pain curled up her leg from her unexpected body weight just starting to register. Wide-eyed, she stared at him, worried that her experience had been completely one-sided. ” Thank you again.” A giggle bubbled out of Ophelia’s throat, unsure if he was thanking her for the kiss or the stone. Either way, she nodded silently, not fully able to form words yet. Especially with the shy smile plastered on over his lips, stealing more of her breath away.
But by the sun goddess, how she wanted him to do it again. ”No-Thank you.” She managed to respond, her voice a horse whisper as air filled her lungs again. Brushing her fingers across her bruised lips, she smiled shyly back at him, unsure how to tell him how much she enjoyed it. ”I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it. You’re just… So perfect.”

Perfect was a strong word, one Ophelia wasn’t sure she could live up to. She was an embarrassment to her father, and her emotions were a burden to her mother…. But for him, she could try. She leaned into his open palm, knowing that this man would hold her heart. There was no more denying that she would willingly give him the power to rip her to shreds. He leaned forward, Ophelia’s heartbeat quickening as she curled her hands into the soft fabric of his shirt, tugging him down quicker. There was hunger in this kiss, both of them eager to explore one another as their limbs tangled together in an attempt to get closer than they already were.

Oh, how Ophelia couldn’t wait to tell Alosa about this.

OOC: ANNNDDD ~ gaia_sakura Scene! gaia_sakura ~

User Image

Rob-n-h00d
Crew

Clean Bunny

Year 1 Sept. 9th to Sept. 20th Time Skip

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items