Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Universal Eclectic Wicca? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:40 pm
I was wondering if anyone had heard of the Universal Eclectic Tradition of Wicca. I was pointed in its direction by another guild. I've read the whole site but I was thinking that it would be good to get some peoples opinions of it befor I thought of joining.

here is the website

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:20 pm
Yes, I've heard of it. Alot of people don't consider it Wicca, though, because it can get too far away from the original principles.  

crystal_raye

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:49 pm
It's not Wicca.

1) No mysteries.
2) "The Five points of Wiccan belief" aren't Wicca unto themselves, believing them does not make one Wiccan.
3) Pre-Modern "Wicca" is a pipe dream.
4) Their concept of a "Good Coven" is bullshit- and compeletly unfounded within the basis of Wicca.

No. It's not even remotely Wicca.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:03 pm
You should look into the Unitarian Universalist church. There are Pagan branches (CUUPS) that are very similar and do not use such a deceptive name. I also do not personally believe that "Universal Eclectic Wicca" is Wiccan.  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:55 am
[Kudzu]
You should look into the Unitarian Universalist church. There are Pagan branches (CUUPS) that are very similar and do not use such a deceptive name. I also do not personally believe that "Universal Eclectic Wicca" is Wiccan.
Actually, many CUUPs leaders claim the title of Wicca without initiation. Especially those in my area (Olympia, Washington).  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:30 am
If I could, I'd run that thing right off the internet...along with wicca.com...and silver ravendogs site.

Just on good will and the knowledge that you'll be bettering yourself without their misguidance, don't join.  

Kal Eldritch

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:50 am
There're worse out there.
There's http://www.freewebs.com/keltswick/
Run by a 16 year old  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:10 am
reagun ban
There're worse out there.
There's http://www.freewebs.com/keltswick/
Run by a 16 year old

"we will no longer be a coven but a teenage study group who will study and practice Celtic/Irish Reconstructionism, meetings will be once a month, we will only be accepting those of 15-18 years of age and a new management will be put into place. Check back with us for more updates."

It's not that bad.  

TeaDidikai

Starlock

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:20 am
It's tough to judge the organization by their site... it would be beneficial to talk to the heads of the organization to get a better impression of what they do and such. I'm always a bit weary of online organizations in general, but this one seems a bit better than some others I've encountered. If you've got the time and the wish, go ahead and try it out.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:41 am
Starlock
It's tough to judge the organization by their site... it would be beneficial to talk to the heads of the organization to get a better impression of what they do and such. I'm always a bit weary of online organizations in general, but this one seems a bit better than some others I've encountered. If you've got the time and the wish, go ahead and try it out.

Which is why I wanted peoples opinions. It was started in 1998 by a Gardnerian and a eclectic witch (I'm trying to remember because the site is down). They only take 10 new members a month and after looking at the enterence essay.......I can understand why, its kinda hard. Even if I join and it turns out to be a lode of crap I can always quite.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:21 am
Neko_Bast
Starlock

Which is why I wanted peoples opinions. It was started in 1998 by a Gardnerian and a eclectic witch (I'm trying to remember because the site is down). They only take 10 new members a month and after looking at the enterence essay.......I can understand why, its kinda hard. Even if I join and it turns out to be a lode of crap I can always quite.
And they cite this lineage where?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:08 am
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast
It was started in 1998 by a Gardnerian and a eclectic witch

Regardless of the validity of that person's lineage and whether or not they were currently practicing, just because a founder might be Gard does not mean that they pass on Gardnerian lore, Mysteries and practice (as they were taught to them) to every social group they come across. Wiccan's do not crap Wicca everywhere they go. They pass it on with Wiccan Initiations, not by rubbing elbows with folks at Pagan festivals or open circles. (See my thread in the "PathWays" subfolder for historical information about on how many non-Wiccan groups were started by Wiccans in the past fifty years.) I would not be shocked if this "Universal Eclectic Wicca" thing is just another person's Outer Court run amok.  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:00 am
[Kudzu]
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast
It was started in 1998 by a Gardnerian and a eclectic witch

Regardless of the validity of that person's lineage and whether or not they were currently practicing, just because a founder might be Gard does not mean that they pass on Gardnerian lore, Mysteries and practice (as they were taught to them) to every social group they come across. Wiccan's do not crap Wicca everywhere they go. They pass it on with Wiccan Initiations, not by rubbing elbows with folks at Pagan festivals or open circles. (See my thread in the "PathWays" subfolder for historical information about on how many non-Wiccan groups were started by Wiccans in the past fifty years.) I would not be shocked if this "Universal Eclectic Wicca" thing is just another person's Outer Court run amok.

Which is why I am looking for something akin to a legit lineage.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:19 pm
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast
Starlock

evil I can't find it now......I'm going to send them an email for thier FAQ section.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:54 pm
Neko_Bast
TeaDidikai

evil I can't find it now......I'm going to send them an email for thier FAQ section.
Uh huh.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces