Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ouji Board - eek gads! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arrowroot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:16 am
Ok i dont post here a lot but i do try to pop in and read some discussions when i can. So im sorry if this is a repeat thread.

There is this girl at school who i have mentioned before. She keeps going through these phases, first it was dowsing with dice, then it was Tarot cards, then it was palmistry, now its pendulum dowsing and a few days ago she go into the discussion with some one who declares her house is haunted. This person is moving soon and so they both decided that they want to do a Ouji board to get in contact with this spirit.
i wasn't in this conversation but someone else told me about it and she said how she tried to tell them that it was a bad idea. The girl who wants to do the ouji board says that its ok because her grandad was a medium stare my friends comeback was 'just because your grand papy was a medium doesn't mean you are' I agree.
But to be honest i know bog all about Ouji boards apart from the stereotype stuff u get in movies and what not.

So if some one would like to enlughten me on their veiws, experiences or what it entails that would be great. My mum has doned a Ouji board before and she said it scared the bejuebus out of her and she never wants to do it again, my freind (from a differetnt shcool) said he did one but was positive that he thought that someone was moving the glass. xd I personally have no intention of doing one in the not to distant future but i would like to know more about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:53 am
i've never used a Ouija board, so i couldn't give you any firsthand experiences, but i've met people who have contacted some really wacky s**t with them. usually, though, you don't find anything and it's just people moving the little indicator. if she's insistent on doing this, make sure she knows to move the slider to "goodbye" and flip the board over if things start looking sketchy.  

MST3Kakalina

Squirrel of Doom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:39 am
I've never had anything to do with ouiji boards, I'm terrified of them. Its probably a fairly unfounded fear but I see no good in possibly opening yourself to something that may or may not be of malevolent intention.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:45 am
I have no intention of getting involved either
i was just wondering if there was anything that i could say to advise or persuade her not to go one ahead with it. I know i shouldnt meddel but from what ive been told with others serious damage can be done, would also like to inform her on what she must and mustn't do (like that goodbye tip) 3nodding and what might happen if it goes all wrong or whatever, seeing as she gets most of her information from internet sites anways, which isn't always reliable. especially with something like this that i find very serious sweatdrop (my opinion)  

Arrowroot

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:16 am
a site with reliable information is www.paganlibrary.com it also has a good messageboard (of which i am a member) and lots of more experienced people there to ask for advice, Ouija boards included.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:14 am
From my own personal experiences, Ouji boards are just that - boards. They're ink and cardboard, and they don't have any kind of "power" or "influence". Ouji boards can do as much for you contacting the spirit world as a MONOPOLY board can.

The only thing a Ouji board CAN do is sort of... attune you. By concentrating on the board, it can help you to put yourself in a meditative-like state. If reports are to be believed, this meditation-by-proxy is how the strange associated phenomena begin - very concentrated individuals willing "something" to happen. I'm sure you can make your own logical conclusions.

As for the medium thing running in a family, well, there actually is a bit of a point to what your friend said. I don't necessarily believe in hereditary power, but I do believe in individuals having a better grasp of the supernatural if they were raised in an environment that encouraged those kind of beliefs. If your friend was raised in a family where she was told her grandfather was a medium, then chances are her forays into interest of the supernatural were either more or no less tolerated than in a "typical" household where such behavior is utterly foreign.  

Gardenia

Meiriona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:59 pm
I've played around with a glow in the dark Ouija before. its a game, you can buy it at toys'r'us. Its justa game, and nothing more. The only way it COUDL be more is if you put ritual into it, not just setting your fingers on it and asking about your love life.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:42 pm
Gardenia
From my own personal experiences, Ouji boards are just that - boards. They're ink and cardboard, and they don't have any kind of "power" or "influence". Ouji boards can do as much for you contacting the spirit world as a MONOPOLY board can.

You're probably right but I've watched waaaaaaay too many scary movies, have an extremely overactive imagination and I'd rather not tempt fate! xd  

Squirrel of Doom

Jameta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:16 pm
Squirrel of Doom
Gardenia

You're probably right but I've watched waaaaaaay too many scary movies, have an extremely overactive imagination and I'd rather not tempt fate! xd
There is also the cocnept that because it has more of a focus, it is a more proper tool than a Monopoly board. It has similiar use as a wand or athame might be used for direction energy or what-have-you: you don't need it, but it helps some individuals focus/visualize.

I've had one encounter with a ouji board... after my mother told me about my great-grandmother telling that no one in our family should. sweatdrop Well, I didn't know why, so I did it... the answers were not true, if I can remember, but I did since something vaguely malicious. I now know that I'm not supposed to work with such things because of my family's energy-sensitivity or soemthing.

I don't know the proper term- I hardly know what's going on with my concious brain right now! rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:26 pm
I did a Ouija board with a friend a mine last year. We did it several times, and being a first time user, I was immediately hooked. While it was really neat to see weird things being spelled out on it and trying to figure it out, I had a really strong suspicion he was moving it the entire time. My suspicion was confirmed when he asked me to try it by myself (since the "spirit" seemed to be communicating only to my questions) in front of a bunch of people and nothing happened, so he tried it by himself and it moved, of course, and then it asked for me again and I touched it and nothing happened. Not only did he look like an idiot, it was a nice laugh inside my head.

Although I have wondered; if someone were to fashion a Ouija board of their own, like using a wood burning tool to make letters and making their own pointer, if it would actually work? Making things on your own seem to hold much more power than things you buy, obviously.  

Ailinea

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:31 pm
i imagine such a tool would work just as well. Ouija boards are based on circular boards called "witch's boards" or some kind of similar name, i should know but at the moment i'm quite exhausted.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:44 am
A ouija board, like all the other tools you mentioned, are simply a tool. They are used to focus your mind, but they have no power outside of what you put into them.  

Reijin-chan

midara the happy banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:04 pm
I've had several experiences with the Ouija board. Enough to know that it basically sucks. I've contacted several spirits, and have found that there is no reason to talk to them, for the most part. Most of them are merely desperate for attention, and will say anything they can to make you stay and talk more. They say what they think you want to hear, and they almost always lie. And sometimes, if you don't do a good enough banishing, they'll follow you around, sometimes trying to scare you and sometimes pretending to be your friend just to get attention. It's really just kind of annoying. confused  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:34 am
I have done the Ouiji Board myself with a group of friends. It really does work. My mom didn't believe that it worked so we asked it a question that only she knew the answer to, and it turned out that it landed on the right answer. You have to be really careful with them though because they can attract Spirits to your home. I have a Ouiji Board of my own, and I cast a protection spell before I use it. Since there is a spirit in the house, it could be really angry. So be careful, cast protection spells, or whatever. But I think you should do it, it could be fun ^^  

Midnight Divine

Oktapous

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:46 am
The first (and last) time I used an Ouija board I ended up throwing it against the TV in anger. My friends and I kept arguing over who was moving the damn pointer thingy and they just kept saying that it was me. gonk

Those things are fun for five minutes until the accusations start.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff