Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
What about now? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:21 pm
So things have changed over the last couple years.

Thank Gaia-tan Gold Generators are gone! But still, the damage.....

Plenty of things left to rally for on Gaia because we are not at peak user interaction/attraction with all the features it has to offer. So many great innovations left to abandonment and lack of updates. This site still has its own magic, yet left to the advancement of modern demands it will be left in the history books as legend. The fun we all once had, to think there are some who have no knowledge...

[dramatic]The announcements are killing me *gasp* I'm choking on the redundancy.
What happened to the Charms? Loyal and Flynn? I think they were kidnapped to unwillingly so they can lay us to waste with the ever present log-in pop-ups we so desperately need.[/dramatic]

Seriously, aside from other issues, this has got to stop. How will Gaia get more members and retain users? How can it improve?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:23 am
The mind boggling amount of items that are available now, with more being churned out every day is one of my pet peeves. The announcements are constantly trying to get us to buy more, buy more, buy more! This really takes away from the fun of the site for me. The emphasis used to be on fun & there were evolving items & more fun events (because more work was put into them) but now everything fun is half done or not at all. It's sad.  

mistymountaingirl

Sparkly Friend

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:08 am
Personally I don't mind the amount of items that come out all the time, I think it makes it so more styles and stuff is available, and also I feel items deflate in price faster? Which I think is good because it makes them more affordable for everyone.

What I do feel is that alot of features that could make gaia more interesting and fun are left to rot. They did bring back zOMG, so maybe there is hope for the other features?

What I would like to see the most is having cross stitch contests brought back! I loved those contests, and it gave users who can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars on tickets a chance to create something. Of course it had to be within the theme of the contest. I think gaia has alot of creative people and I feel it would be engaging to have these contests. :3 I think maybe they should remove some of the restrictions they used to have though to match with modern items... So in the original rules you could not make a facial item, hair item, background or a body mod if I remember correctly. I'd say remove those restrictions and have the restrictions be just about the theme. I guess it is pretty unlikely gaia will do this because tickets exist now, but I did like it and I think they will still sell as many tickets as they do already anyways. o.o  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:24 am
mistymountaingirl
The mind boggling amount of items that are available now, with more being churned out every day is one of my pet peeves. The announcements are constantly trying to get us to buy more, buy more, buy more! This really takes away from the fun of the site for me. The emphasis used to be on fun & there were evolving items & more fun events (because more work was put into them) but now everything fun is half done or not at all. It's sad.

Ditto. I'm glad they've reduced the number of announcements, but they're still mostly Buy This! Buy That! Buy Everything! For starters, I just don't have any available funds to spend on all the fancy pixels. And there's just way too many of them being churned out now, that I barely glance over them and rarely pick out anything to even put on my Wish List anymore. Sometimes I feel like if there were any really important announcements, they'd get lost in all the [rotating] sales announcements.

And then there's the Guilds, and how far behind they are in being updated with the rest of the site. It used to be fun to take part in various guilds, but many have all but died out over the past several years. And those that do show a minimal amount of activity have very few active members taking part. And for that reason, it's been very difficult to keep a guild active.
neutral  

Faerie KatrinaZ

Sparkly Fairy

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:40 am
Like most have said already, the constant repeat of announcements nearly every hour on the hour 24/7 is getting very spammy and should cut them way back to where there's far less each day, I'd say. I don't mind glancing at them once in a blue moon, but having to clear out the same bubble for 'em every single time they pop up all day is annoying and too much trouble! They should cut back a bit on RIGs and change their advertising tactics a lot. True some people may not get to see most announcements until after work, school and so on, but for the rest of us, it likely drives away newer people who'd want to maybe check this site out and see if it's something they'd like. Anyhow, that's all I can think of.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:42 am
i'll be honest, im a bit of a hoarder on here. so if a new item comes out that i like i will stare it into oblivion til i have the funds to get it.
things deflate much faster, sure but some items become like the halo where people are willing to drop top dollar for it for a long time. where in the past it was fun to do the grind to get the gold to afford those high tier items, now its like well you jus have to shell out real money to get the best stuff and it sort of takes away the excitement of it all?

i will say though that for all my hoarding tendencies, the fact that they release so many items so quickly that are basically dozens of recolors when they could be doing more useful things like updating shops more often, heck updating loyal's or heaven forbid GoFusion, is obnoxious to say the least. there are so many features that they start, features that sound amazing! that they drop half finished to devote their time to cash items. which is so disappointing.
i'll stay on the site as long as possible because its been a long time and i am far too attached. but its sad to see the damage left unfixed.
do they even still do ask the staff? i ignore most announcements so i dont actually know.

zolbat

Lunatic

Az Timmy

Kind Miko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:18 am
I think there are too many items. And they announcing a lot every single day. They could slow down a bit... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:47 am
mistymountaingirl

Same. the GCash spam from 2013 is back with a vengeance.

Ironically, despite the large amount of items we have we're passing through a big recession of items: mostly of the stuff you want from MarketPlace either has zero items or has a ludicrous price tag due to the old adage of supply and demand, you know.

Oh, and the only way to get some decent incoming is still Lake Kindred, where you have to deal with the cheating AI which's the salt in the wound. You can actually get some good incoming from there but it takes a while, specially if you're busy or not in the mood to grind for gold/plat. I remember it took me 8 weeks to reach 7 trillion gold + resisting the urge to waste money and RIGs to achieve so, and in the end I was very bored of the game.
And guess what ? This. Wasn't. Enough.

I've noticed that there were some improvements here and there, like they increased the trade and selling cap, removed the soulbound status from the Wing Stickers (which's great if you have mules), however there's space for more of it, like:
- Selective announcements: let us choose which and how type of messages we wanna get;
- Invest more in Spinami: it's a good idea to refill and resupply zero-listed items and deflate those who are out of control. Why not make it a weekly rotation and let us spend gold/plat to spin it one more time ?;
- Make the Runway grant prizes to Gaians who make it to the first page instead of giving them to only the top 10. It can be even an item of their choice, not just money prizes.
- Encourage people to use GoFusion by increasing its range of items and make charms more accessible;
- More gold/plat sink events to make the site more active and less of the barren wasteland it is now, which's one of the reasons why the MP is a ghost town, with a lot of zero-listed items.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Cat Sapphire

Dedicated Gaian

41,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:57 pm
mistymountaingirl

Exactly! I like that we get a reward for clicking on announcements on the home page, extra gold and gc is always welcome. I'm just confused as to why we are then spammed with the exact same announcements. I have no interest in chance items that are bland and uninteresting. Give me something to get excited about, like a nice old fashioned evolving item!
I'm an Angel Subscriber because I want to support the site, please stop constantly asking me to buy more gc.Put more work into making things fun and I will buy more. it's as simple as that.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:25 pm
Can I say in the mather of this? sweatdrop the problem is we got too many Cash Shops are getting the most attention than the Gold(Plat) shops. If we want to improve the site we need to reduce the Cash shops to two shops and intro some shop for plat only.  

Michelle Chiba

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100

Lady Twilight Rahl

Invisible Genius

34,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:47 pm
mistymountaingirl

^^This...I can't stand how fast they crank out items now. The quality has taken a massive hit as well with the very hard outlines and next to no shading on them. I also think they need to just stop with chance items and all the other gambling they do on here. Games are one thing but now they are playing with real money. Get rid of the project tickets also. Go back to contests like Cross stitch shop had.

Monthly items were a treat and that was the reason I bought into the angel items but now with them broken up into one pose items it's become a joke.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:13 pm
You know at first I had hope but now they im slowly giving up. They disabled a lot of features (like Blackjack) and I have feeling they wont come back. Also they keep pushing the cash shop items like crazy still and to be honest they don't look great. I don't know how to feel at this point I don't think the site can be saved at this point.  

komasan777

Crystal Phantom

17,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Invisibility 100

Raven of the Darkened Sky

Playful Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:36 am
mistymountaingirl

This. I don't come on here to make friends or spend actual money. I come on for fun, different events. Not the same lame stuff with crummy freebies. Put more love into the fun parts. And stop churning out so many items! Most of them aren't even that nice.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:39 am
Like others have said, the number of releases is ridiculous, and the lack of attention to shops and other features makes me have bittersweet nostalgia for the old days. So many items on here are almost exact ripoffs from whatever's most popular at any time, and the recolors are stupidly expensive even if they do look cool.

I miss the old days of captivating (albiet sometimes cooky xD) story arcs, the rallies where people actually raced and interacted (gasp), the engaging events....

I will admit that I think some of these items that come out nowadays sound like they'd make great mini games or events....  

Flames Fuel

Unstoppable Recalibrator

15,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Streaker 200

Flames Fuel

Unstoppable Recalibrator

15,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:50 am
Cat Sapphire
mistymountaingirl

Exactly! I like that we get a reward for clicking on announcements on the home page, extra gold and gc is always welcome. I'm just confused as to why we are then spammed with the exact same announcements. I have no interest in chance items that are bland and uninteresting. Give me something to get excited about, like a nice old fashioned evolving item!
I'm an Angel Subscriber because I want to support the site, please stop constantly asking me to buy more gc.Put more work into making things fun and I will buy more. it's as simple as that.

Despite how many of them exist, I'd forgotten about the EI's for a sec.... ninja Those were fun to keep tabs on.  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games