Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRETA] Winds of Change [Winners Pg. 15] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:10 am
User Image

Times have changed.

Following two of the most recent Breytast Vindars the pride has seen a dramatic change they couldn't have predicted, except to look back on the events that predated it's occurrence. The prides Warlord was beat by a lioness. He had given up the rank to her much like he would have to any other lion, but the shock of seeing a lioness seated where traditionally a male sat left much for the pride to wonder about. The surprise inevitably wore off and the culture shock faded, but neither entirely disappeared. Instead it seemed to cause a rift between two sets of ideals.

Traditionalist vs. Modern Day Vikings.

The two sets of ideals were speculated upon as once again, by chance, another lioness took the seat again and became the second female Warlord. She hadn't even truly earned the seat, by chance is not a wordplay. Unfortunately her opponent wasn't able to live up to the expectations and stepped aside to let Zjarri'fol replace her. The surprise wasn't so severe, Zjarri had proven herself throughout the years, but still something about seeing the female seated there didn't sit well with all of the pride. There were rumors of some with views that didn't quite line up with how the pride was moving along and therefore a debate was bound to rise up eventually.

In a gathering of the minds (the whole pride is included in this particular thought gathering) the ideas of what is considered to their future is discussed.

• Traditionalist(s) ... these lions cling to the past and hold true to the ideals they were raised with from their fore fathers. They see what is happening as barbaric (ironic) and have little to no respect for the Warlord beyond the standard respect they have purely for the title. They wouldn't go against Zjarri'fol openly, unless provoked, or something happens to change the current Warlord. It's likely that this topic has come up before between them and other lions, but not always. Some may hide their true traditionalist views simply because they may see themselves in a lick of trouble for their personal thoughts and opinions.

Males vs. Females - Traditionally males are raised by the females and don't stop at freeborn. They are likely to take on ranks such as Reaver, Captain, Warlord or Lawspeaker. Females, however, hold a much more simple but important role. They maintain the next generation of Stormborn to ensure that their future remains. They are also likely to hunt, complete tasks, and keep the den. Salt Wives aren't uncommon and don't mistake them for quiet or polite, they are just as likely to be vicious as their male counter parts. In a home invasion they would be just as likely to defend as any male.

• Modern Day Viking(s) ... these lions have adapted to change and produced a generation of cubs that believe that no matter who they are they can be/do anything. The line between female and male roles in the society has become fuzzy and therefore most aren't sure of what the normal thing to do is anymore. These folks are just as surprised (likely) to see a female in the Warlords seat, but might be more likely to cheer her on than to take a second glance at what has just happened to their world.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:11 am
User Image

Your work won't be for nothing!

This prize below is to help encourage everyone to make their best efforts of posting their characters. Ideally it would be nice to see even just a few join in to get a proper idea of where everyone stands with the current situation within the pride. Don't have any reason to participate? Allow this to change your mind..

For each CHARACTER posted in this thread you will earn a ticket for this raffle. The lionesses may take on any view you like and remember that the vulture will be a thrall. A right handy one for some lion going out on a viking!

User Image

1. MangoMeow
  2. MangoMeow
  3. Epine de Rose
  4. Epine de Rose
  5. Epine de Rose
  6. Epine de Rose
  7. Epine de Rose
  8. Epine de Rose
  9. Epine de Rose
  10. Epine de Rose
  11. Krysin
  12. Krysin
  13. Krysin
  14. Krysin
  15. Krysin
  16. Krysin
  17. Krysin
  18. Andranis
  19. Andranis
  20. Andranis
  21. Andranis
  22. Andranis
  23. Andranis
  24. Andranis
  25. Andranis
  26. Andranis
  27. Syrius Lionwing
  28. Andranis
  29. Syrius Lionwing
  30. Syrius Lionwing
  31. Syrius Lionwing
  32. Syrius Lionwing
  33. Syrius Lionwing
  34. Syrius Lionwing
  35. Syrius Lionwing
  36. Syrius Lionwing
  37. Syrius Lionwing
  38. Syrius Lionwing
  39. Syrius Lionwing
  40. Syrius Lionwing
  41. Syrius Lionwing
  42. Syrius Lionwing
  43. Syrius Lionwing
  44. Andranis
  45. Andranis
  46. Andranis
  47. Andranis
  48. Andranis
  49. Andranis
  50. Andranis
  51. Andranis
  52. Andranis
  53. Andranis
  54. Andranis
  55. Andranis
  56. Andranis
  57. Andranis
  58. Andranis
  59. Andranis
  60. Andranis

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:11 am
User Image

The purpose of this announcement is to discover where your characters stand in all of this? With things happening so fast (over the course of years OOCly) things haven't had a chance to let the dust settle and truly find footing in this new world. The following form is available to you to give up your opinions about all of this - Traditional or Modern - there is no wrong answer.

FOR MY SANITY - please post ONE character per post. This will help me make up the raffle list.

Character Name:
Character Image:
View: Traditional or Modern
Why?:

Raffle Preference(s): (Options below.)
Lioness Left
Lioness Right
Vulture

RP(s) to Support their view ...
*Please note this is optional.
One
Two
Three

[size=11][b]Character Name[/b]:
[b]Character Image[/b]:
[b]View[/b]: Traditional or Modern
[b]Why?[/b]:

[b]Raffle Preference(s)[/b]: (Options below.)
Lioness Left
Lioness Right
Vulture

[b]RP(s) to Support their view[/b] ...
[i]*Please note this is optional.[/i]
[url=http://]One[/url]
[url=http://]Two[/url]
[url=http://]Three[/url][/size]

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:13 am
-save-  

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:52 pm
Character Name: Dreki’dido
Character Image:
User Image
View: Modern
Why?: She’s bull-headed and completely confident that women can make amazing warriors… and out to prove such.

Raffle Preference(s):
Lioness Left
Lioness Right
Vulture

One

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:54 pm
Character Name: Hjalmar
Character Image:
User Image
View: Traditional
Note: This is likely to change to Modern as he grows older. Dreki won’t let him continue under that notion once I actually get them to hook up.
Why?: It’s mostly due to a run-in with Dreki while they were young, tbh. He’s of the belief that she (and girls in general) are physically weaker, and the idea of Brotherhood appeals to him. It just... never occurred to him that that same concept could extend to girls as well.

Raffle Preference(s):
Lioness Left
Lioness Right
Vulture

One

MangoMeow

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:07 pm
Character Name: Runa
Character Image: User Image
Why?: It's how she was raised

Please keep me out of the raffle

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:08 pm
Character Name: Thulile
Why?: She grew up/has lived her whole life outside of the pride where males and females are on fairly even footing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:09 pm
Character Name: Kafele
Why?: It's how he is being raised

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:13 pm
Character Name: Teinar
View: Undecided but leaning Modern
Why?: Dad's a Captain, mom's a Priestess. Pretty traditional gender roles to grow up around. He's never thought much of it though and isn't offended by females wanting to be Reavers. He'll end up Modern but right now he's indifferent.

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:20 pm
Character Name: Ronin
Why?: He's of the mindset that anything you put your mind to you can do, regardless of gender.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:22 pm
Character Name: Zander
View: Traditional
Why?: Females are far too important to send off on Vikings as they oversee the upbringing of the future generation. He doesn't deny they can be strong or skilled fighters but they shouldn't be going off willy-nilly.

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:24 pm
Character Name: Cinaed
Why?: His mom was an advocate for females being about to do whatever they wanted back when the Warlord was a male and she instills equality in all of her children.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:25 pm
Character Name: Saisana
Why?: She's a girl and she kicks butt!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz
Crew