Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[WEYRLINGS] Into the Wild Blue Yonder [PAIR-FLIGHT LESSON] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:39 am
This was it. The day. V'mel had been up since well before dawn, getting the last plans ready, and then reviewing them with his assistants. Breakfast was taken on the move, because there wasn't a moment to spare. It was a day the weyrlings had been waiting for since before impression. The first time they would get to ride their own dragons.

They'd been making riding straps, perfecting the care of them, doing ground drills and formations. Their dragons had begun to fly solo, and done strengthening moves to prepare for their riders' weight. They were growing, many quite large already, and now it was time to put it all to the test. It was the end of their childhood, in a way. The beginning of maturity, and more—the beginning of danger. This was a turning point. Less so than betweening, but from here out, failure could mean not just more chores or the rare bruise or mild burn...failure now could mean serious injury, or death. It wasn't unheard of for a weyrling to crash, and the injury to their young rider be too great to go on. V'mel had never had it happen. Ideally today would not be the first time, either.

They had scheduled with the Weyr's wings, and they would have the bowl more or less to themselves. Always a good idea, as awkward flights could veer into the path of larger dragons, or stacks of firestone. The stone walls of the caldera would still be a danger, but coddling the weyrlings wouldn't do them any favors.

He hadn't hidden his plans to have them flying today, so as the man marched out of the barracks and towards the open field of the bowl, he expected a quick arrival. Not that tardiness had been tolerated at any point previous, but...it was a special day. From his ledge nearby, Aviroth came gliding down, already wrapped up in his own set of burnished leather straps. It would be a feat if they were all up and flying by the end of the day...but who knew. He'd had a class or two before that had even managed a few basic in-air drills their first day. This one wasn't quite up to that snuff but...well. they'd certainly see.

-----------------------------------------------

Welcome to your first Pairs Flight Lesson!

This is the first time weyrlings will have been allowed to climb on board and (hopefully!) fly with their dragon partners. This lesson takes place about five months after the hatching, so dragons are just below their sr. weyrling size. All dragons will be using the straps their riders made, so if your weyrling would have shirked on that duty, be prepared for that sort of consequence! Some weyrlings have also come to V'mel outside lessons to ask about muscle-strengthening movements to practice with, and some have not. It's up to you if your dragonet is up to the challenge right away, but please do try to keep your characters in mind—obviously a very lazy pair shouldn't have the same level of ease as a hard working, practicing pair! Really though, this lesson is also meant to be fun. No one should end up too battered or hurt...but IC actions will still have IC consequences!

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

BastetAmun

Tsunake

Teiha

Meepfur

DruidTigeress

Masterharper

Starwberri Stardust

demon_pachabel

magnadearel

Melomar

Mx Cherie

Dea and #Teddy#

Peppermint Coffee

ChaosTheories

Revel1984

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:57 am
M'lan was busy oiling his riding straps, he knew the time was rapidly approaching when they would begin their first flying lessons, he'd seen it often enough growing up. He also had to consider the fact that Xochith had been flapping a lot more than usual, strengthening her wings and showing off for the males around.

"Hurry Mine, HURRY, today is the day, come on M'lan .... don't make me drag you" cried Xochith, dancing on the spot, full of impatience while waiting him to get to their lesson. She was just itching to fly, she wanted to dance with the wind, to twirl among the clouds already, to show the Weyr.. no the whole of PERN her prettiness, she wanted to see her twin too. She never could get enough of his company.

M'lan finished quickly, checking the strength with a few tugs before carrying the straps, and having to run beside his dragon, to get to the Weyrbowl, "I am here, Macuith, are you here yet? we get to FLY today! Come on!" she called out to both her brother privately first, then to her clutchmates, her excitement making her wriggle in anticipation. M'lan however was very nervous, what if she got hurt? what if he hadn't taken correct care of the straps? would they break? "Don't worry Mine, everything will go well, you are the best, we are the best, we will show them all!" Then they weree at the Weyrbowl, M'lan stood to attention when he spied V'mel "M'lan and Xochith, reporting for lessons" he said, trying to sound more confident than he felt. Xochith beside him, practically vibrating in anticipation.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:02 am
They're fine. See? You don't need to check them again. Aurinkoth puffed his narrow (at least compared to Elzebuth and Aresoth's) chest out as Ichta looked over the straps for the fifth time that morning. Certainly, her eye for details had made sure they were as flawless as she could have done - and the fact she'd run them past one of the resident tanners for a second check should have bolstered her confidence. Don't worry. There's nothing to worry about, right?

Ichta leaned her head against the blue's with a sigh, breathing in the scent of his warm hide and - unfortunately - whatever he'd been chewing on. It wasn't food - he'd eaten two days prior and had seemed content anytime she wasn't standing within a 5 foot radius of a piece of fruit he could try to pander for. Well I have absolute faith in you, love, so if anything fails today it has to be these straps. she pointed out, bracing herself for the inevitable flood of love and positivity that came from the other end of her mental tether. If she'd been any more fragile, he likely would have overwhelmed her with it.

Then there is nowhere to fail, because I know you put all of your attention into these straps and I have absolute trust in you! he creeled, nudging his nose against her chin before pulling away so that Ichta, now with some bolstered certainly, could make sure (again) that she was dressed and ready for the chill air of the morning. She braided her hair back, carefully pulling the loose pieces that usually fell into her face back out of the way, looking over the heavy tunic she wore for the fourth time. Some nice boots (she'd saved up for several months for them) and a matching set of gloves, it was perhaps the best it was going to get for this first venture.

Aurinkoth nudged her side and cheeped once, shifting his weight into the puppy-play position with his rump up in the air. I'm glad one of us is completely ready, she laughed out loud, then reached out with both hands to take his head into her arms again, leaning her forehead against his. He'd already lifted her off the ground before - even if it had only been her heart soaring with his - but this time she'd be there in her own body. Her heart was pounding already with nerves.

Nerves the not-so-little blue nudged at mentally as they made their way out of the barracks to be as prompt and on time as they always were. Ichta would be dead before she was late - or missed - a lesson, after all.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:45 pm
Are you sure they could not be less plain, Mine? Menankith asked with a sigh as he looked himself and his carefully-crafted riding straps over. His had done an excellent job, of course, having handled the making of them meticulously to ensure that there were no flaws, and perhaps a touch of an advantage owed to her being from a family of Tanners. Not that she'd ever been taught, no, they'd thought it inappropriate for a girl - how absurd! - but she had still grown up around it. She had watched, and as it turned out, had gleaned more from that watching than she had realized until she started on the work herself. It had made it a bittersweet task, full of memories and disappointments and what-ifs, and renewed regret that she couldn't ask her brother for advice, or to check the straps over for her.

Well. If something did go wrong with them, maybe he'd at least have the decency to feel guilty.

Not this time, Nadry told her dragon with a fond smile and a shake of her head. Better to stick to getting the basics right before we start worrying about how it looks. She stroked his lowered head as they walked into the bowl, pulling it gently towards her to plant a kiss on his cheek. I doubt V'mel would approve of such frivolousness, anyway. In the meantime, there would be months to practice in what spare time they were allotted; maybe by graduation, she'd be able to craft him something halfway decent to wear for the occasion. Not a full set of straps, but...

Such thoughts had been helpful in distracting her from her nerves as the day of their first flight together drew closer, but now that the day had arrived, distractions were better left behind. Not that she thought anything would go wrong! She and Menankith had been preparing for this from Day One, determined to be as capable and ready as possible. Everything they could do, they had done, and then done again. They had promises to each other to keep, and this was the first and dearest: they would soar.  

Meepfur
Crew

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:06 pm
Lithe fingers danced over the wherhide straps she'd finished (finally) earlier that week. They were as good as they could be, and she knew that likely she'd done well. She'd studied patterns, and what might be the sturdiest, tested size and fit...Shards and Shells, was today supposed to be frightening? Oiling the straps one last time, she glanced around at the barracks, at the riders and dragons long since awake. In her mind, they were no longer hatchlings, instead growing in to full dragons that they would become. She'd been fortunate, having Lestenna to bounce her thoughts off of as she'd built her straps, and even now, she couldn't help but touch the hide, running her hand over the simple leather that would help tether her to the 27 foot long Gold that was watching her siblings with calm blue-violet eyes. It took a moment of studying the dark hide before she realized those eyes had turned on her, a low rumble coming from her beloved's chest.

Very slowly, she pulled on her boots, making sure they were done tightly around her calves. Best make sure she looked the part. Hair was tied up high, and braided, before wrapped in a bun close to her head. There was much she needed to be sure of, namely that she would not cause her love any discomfort,
As though you could, my beloved one. She chuckled at the reassuring wave of love in her heart. Oh, how important Zenobiath had become to her, the other half of her heart, rising above even brother and mother. A sweet croon exited the throat of the beautiful female, her large nose coming to bump her beloved's chest, Come now. V'mel is waiting, and you know how he can get if you are late.
I was only late ONCE, my heart, and I would thank you not to remind me of it.

Making a face at her large gold, she turned and headed from the barracks and in to the bowl, hot on the heels of some of their siblings. The golden female crooned, reaching out to all her gathered siblings with a wave of affection, Today is the day indeed, dear Xochith, and you look lovely as can be! Soon now, we will be in the air with Ours. That was what mattered. They would be in the air with Theirs on their backs, and she was excited, her nose pressing Alumet forwards towards the weyrlingmaster, "Alumet of Gold Zenobiath, ready for lessons." Her eyes were warm as she looked at the man. She could understand why her mother was so fond of him. He was a good man.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:23 pm
"Don't push yourself too hard, Aresoth." C'ryn's eyes lifted from the bronze as he was going over the exercises V'mel had told them and the pair of Elzebuth and G'ran had helped them work with. They had gotten up earlier this morning and instead of spending time just laying around and waiting for their lesson, the two had come to a spot in the bowl not too far from the barracks.

C'ryn's fingers moved over the leather of his riding straps, one last check over before it was time to take the leap and soar with Aresoth. His father had given him pointers on how to build sturdy straps but it had been C'ryn who did all of the work, as it should have been. He was proud of the work he had done, the effort that had been put into creating this equipment with his own hands.

With his inspection done, C'ryn pushed himself up from the ground, standing at his full height and watched Aresoth as he did one more movement. The bronze's wedged shaped head moved towards him once he was done, sending feelings of love, excitement and the clear message that their hard work was not yet done, but well worth what they had already done. Come, C'rynmine, we must not be late. A chuckle escaped C'ryn's lips at those words but he nodded his head as he followed after the bronze towards the meeting place in the bowl.

It seemed others were already there and C'ryn smiled at them as the two neared. Aresoth walked with his head held high, he was already so large and C'ryn knew the bronze would get even larger once he was fully grown. Once they were near them, Aresoth sat on his haunches, his eyes looking over his siblings who were already there. Good morning Zenobiath, Menankith, Aurinkoth and Xochith.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:05 pm
Ashlyn had to hold back a yawn as she watched the Weyrlings start to file into the field where they would be conducting today's lesson. Gyafrith was giving her a gentle mental nudge, reminding her she could do this. It wasn't the first time they had to be up so early and it wouldn't be the last time. The blue filled his rider with the excitement of seeing the paired flights, something they always enjoyed. This time was even more special because Demanthra was among the Weyrlings who would be here for this. Speaking of her sister, she kept an eye out for her, to make sure she was on time for this.

Don't worry, Ashlynmine, they will be here. All the questions they have asked us and how excited they are, they wouldn't miss this. Didn't Demanthra say Monath had been looking forward to flying together for awhile now?Gyafrith asked. He saw his rider nod her head in answer, as she stood near the other members of the Weyrlingmaster's staff.

Meanwhile, Demanthra was in the barracks, giving another check of her riding straps. Thankfully, she had been given advice from her sister, brother, and parents on how to make them just right. Also, she had made sure to ask anything that needed to be known, including about wing exercises for Monath. Both her and her green were very excited about their first paired flight, they had been looking forward to it. They did everything they could to be ready for it, not wanting to leave anything to chance.

We will do beautifully, Mine, I can feel it. Flying by myself as been nice, but doing it with you is going to be wonderful. I have been looking forward to taking you up with me, letting you see a whole new way,Monath thought lovingly to her rider. The bright green gracefully lowered her head and nuzzled her rider, causing the other to smile. She watched Demanthra put her boots on and make sure her hair was in its usual braid, before getting on her cloak and heading out. They walked together to the field and noticed some of Monath's clutchsibs already gathering. The green greeted her siblings, sending special love to Zenobiath, her favorite sister. She felt her rider giving a bright smile to her own sister as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:43 am
This was a day that Le’x did not need Kratoth’s particular sort of wake up call – the gentle pummeling that these days, with the brown’s length at twenty-five feet and his already impressive strength increasing daily, often resulted in a few accidental bruises. The boy loped with grace on muscular legs long used to extended treks on foot beside a runner. His feet fell to the rhythm of the rustles and jingles of Kratoth’s riding straps, easily keeping up with the dragon’s brisk trot. As they came up to the group already assembled in the bowl, Kratoth’s eyes whirled a greenish yellow.

Some of the others are nervous about flying. How is your confidence, Le’x?

If there’s one thing I know I can do, it’s ride. I know flying will be a little different, but this kind of stuff comes naturally to me. It wasn’t arrogance that made the boy say so. It was just a statement of fact that both knew well. Kratoth was strong and had flown on his own many times before today, and Le’x had watched him, observed the dragon’s movements and imagining how they would affect him if he were astride. He’d watched experienced riders take off and land, and watched their aerial drills – even some Threadfighting, when given the opportunity. He could do it in his mind already, and he couldn’t wait to mount up on his dragon, and fly together.  

Teiha

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:27 am
The excitement in the Barracks was palpable. This was a milestone for the young dragons, and both C'lusi and Macuith couldn't wait for the lesson to begin. Today was the day they would get to soar together for the first time. It was the beginning of the end of all their ground drills, and from here on out, they'd be spending more and more time in the air. This was what weyrling training was all about -- they well couldn't fight Thread from the ground. Achieving flight would be the first step of many. It brought them one day closer to learning how to jump Between; it brought them one day closer to flaming; one day closer to fighting Thread in the Weyrling Wing; it brought them one day closer to possible injury or death.

But.

That was the risk, wasn't it? For such a great love, such a powerful bond, both rider and dragon risked limb and life to defend the planet against Thread. Of course, the blue rider was too confident to worry overly much -- self-doubt wasn't something the man was naturally inclined to feel -- but he knew that the lessons would only get trickier.

While some felt nervous, C'lusi felt nothing but excitement. He had the utmost faith that Macuith would succeed. "You've got this. We're going to give them quite the show, aren't we?" He mused, pausing in fitting Macuith's straps to give his beloved a little nuzzle against his side. The blue rumbled happily, puffing out his chest with pride, and sending a swell of confidence and joy to his rider.

This is how we should be, Mine. Together. We'll give them a flight to remember! The blue dragon had been working hard at flight, because he'd naturally wanted to be in the air. Furthermore, he'd seen both Elzebuth and Aresoth out there flapping their wings, and much like his sister Xochith, could appreciate the attention one got while working on their wings. Besides, even if it had been work, he knew it would help them excel in the long run. Furthermore, it had given him grand excuses to coo over the boys -- and C'lusi had gotten a private earful of Macuith's admiration.

While C'lusi had made countless straps -- some successes, some failures -- the ones he'd settled upon for Macuith would now be put to the test. Sure, he'd pulled, and stretched, and tried to break them to ensure they held, but the stories and rumors of riders and weyrlings falling to their deaths did tickle the back of his mind. He didn't think anyone was going to fail today... but as they grew, as dragonriding became more day-to-day, he knew that it was easy to forget to check, or to put off mending for another day.

I would never let you fall! Macuith craned his neck and snorted at his rider, ruffling the young man's hair. C'lusi grinned, and reached up to scratch his beloved's chin. "That's what they all say," he countered. "But I'll do my best to make sure we never have to put that to the test, eh?" Taking a deep breath, he leaned against Macuith for one moment more, savoring this last moment. This was one more stepping point -- after today, they'd be together for more and more of the training. No more being grounded, no more being stuck to the Weyrbowl.

"Come on, love. I suspect there's enough of them out there now to warrant a noticeable arrival." Macuith hummed appreciatively. Together, the two of them made their way out of the barracks and down to where the others waited. They both moved with their usual confidence, though if Macuith all but strut with his usual grace, it couldn't be helped; the blue knew he was born to fly, and he was born to fly with his rider. He crooned greetings to those who had arrived, including Aviroth.

Aviroth, what a fine morning for flying, and under such fine tutelage. The blue greeted the large brown. He liked V'mel and Aviroth, for all that the man could be strict, and perhaps, a bit terrifying. He understood the drive. Menankith! How handsome you look in such straps! I shall be unable to tear my gaze away when you take wing. Dearest Elzebuth, I look forward to seeing you fly with Yours.
Aresoth, you and Yours are looking quite sharp today. Kratoth,lovely Kratoth, you and yours will dazzle us all while on the wing! Gorgeous Monath, you look as radiant as the sun! Beloved Aurinkoth, you and yours will be the highlight of the day, I'm certain! Ah, Zenobiath, how resplendent you look! I am quite sure you and yours will fly regally this day! And Xochith, dearheart, I am now here. One mustn't rush to look ones best, after all; though I suppose I simply humor the world when it comes to that -- I know I always look my best.

Upon first approach, he greeted V'mel in his usual fashion. With the appropriate sharp salute. "C'lusi and Macuith reporting for duty, Sir." Once that was over, he settled himself next to Macuith, though he did periodically glance over to where Alumet settled. He'd offer her an encouraging smile if he was able to catch her eye... He wasn't worried about first flights. No. Deep down, C'lusi worried about everything that would come after.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:52 pm
Jynnat and Begath had come along way from the newly minted blue pair that walked away from the sands five months ago. A long way. It was time for their first paired flight. She'd been watching Begath with longing every time he practiced, knowing each time he flew on his own they were one step closer to flying together. Jynnat had encouraged him at every flight, and he'd been her encouragement during her trial with the riding straps. With his streamlined neck ridges, she had a hard time getting his straps to stay in place. Knowing that today was the first day she'd fly with her Begath, Jynnat had to focus hard on her hands to keep them from shaking.

Relax Jynnatmine. I am here with you. We will fly the best! We will fly the fanciest, the longest! Begath crooned and laid his head against his rider, his eyes whirling a blue. The woman smiled and reached up to caress his eyeridge. "I know. We will be the best!" She couldn't believe how big he'd grown in such a short time. Nigh twenty feet if she was any judge.

It was a pleasure, that soon she'd be able to put into practice all the drills they'd been learning. Some stuff just didn't make sense on the ground. As soon as she suspected she heard the weyrling master leave the barracks, Jynnat made one more adjustment to his harness then set out to the bowl. When they reached the area with V'mel, they weren't the first out there. She wasn't the only eager one.

Begath peered around at his siblings and gave a bugle. Greetings! Are you all ready for a fine day? We shall shine! Coming to a stop, Jynnat snapped a salute to V'mel. "Jynnat and Begath reporting and ready!" She nodded to the other weyrlings gathered nearby.

magnadearel

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:24 pm
...Excellent. Honestly, this lesson of them all was the one that V'mel had found was the least likely to be missed. No one wanted to be late to flying. no one wanted to sleep in and be the last in the air. It was a good motivator, and about as close to a 'reward' lesson as V'mel's curriculum included. That wasn't to say he adapted the class to be more fun than it had to be—they were still young soldiers, after all. The last line of defense for Pern. And while for them today was a day of freedom and celebration, in reality, it was their first day of really being serious. If they could fly, well, then they could fight. Not as well as an adult, and not without lacking the ability to between...but a silent countdown had begun in the minds of V'mel and of the weyr on the whole, until the first day the fledgling riders saw action.

It also, really, was the first lesson that only uncommonly ended up with a smaller class by the end of the day.

So as they all came scrambling up, bright-eyed and eager, V'mel's assessment was a long, calculating one. In the leadup to today, he would normally walk the ranks, checking straps (and giving biting criticism where it was warranted)...but not today. Today they had to rely on themselves. If they failed, fell, hurt themselves? They'd only have themselves to blame. They'd had ample time to get this right. And so, exactly as the clock struck the moment lessons were to begin, V'mel raised a fist, signaling for them to fall still and silent. That too, should have been drilled in. Not even today would he abide interruptions.

"Today," He began, casting a look over them all, "You are riders. In the most basic sense, but riders." A pause...and then he had swung a foot up, and scaled in practiced, stoic movements to straddle Aviroth's neck. "Mount up." No reason to waste daylight just standing about, after all. "And when I call your name, take off, if you can manage it. Ashlyn and the other assistants will be aloft to make sure you don't drift too close to each other, though it isn't their job to catch you if you falter. If you fall, land." He did not expect this to be clean or effortless the first try.

"...C'ryn, and Aresoth. You're up first."

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

BastetAmun

Tsunake

Teiha

Meepfur

DruidTigeress

Masterharper

Starwberri Stardust

demon_pachabel

magnadearel

Melomar

Mx Cherie

Dea and #Teddy#

Peppermint Coffee

ChaosTheories

Revel1984

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:39 am
Macuith, Menankith crooned appreciatively, posture altering to just slightly showy as a result of the compliment.  While the blue's rider's company tended to cause Nadry a perplexing anxiousness, the brown had no such awkwardness about his clutchmate's company.  He always said such fine things, and Menankith liked that!  He did not understand why His felt such anxiousness when fine things were said to her. You look very fine yourself. He might lack Macuith's knack for charming flattery, but meant it genuinely all the same.

The greetings of his metallic siblings were received much more coolly, a flat acknowledgement of the attention they deigned to pay the rest of them. Aresoth.  Zenobiath. To his fellow chromatics, however, he thrummed happily, but when V'mel began to speak, he quieted.  As the Weyrlingmaster finished by announcing who would go first, the brown's eyes flashed orange in irritation.

Of course it would be Aresoth, he grumbled disapprovingly to His, as well as to Basanuth. Nadry, though she couldn't help but feel similarly, rested a soothing hand on her dragon's warm hide once she had mounted up.  

Meepfur
Crew

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:12 am
Menankith's cool greeting got a soft croon, noticing that he seemed to be far more flat with her than his chromatic brothers and sisters. Ah, that was alright though. As she aged, she was coming to understand that each of her siblings had their own thoughts and feelings, and she accepted them as best she could...even if she disagreed. She could feel Alumet's eager nature, feel the excitement to be up in the air, and turned her large head to press her nose to soft white-blond hair, You are so excited mine. I am as well...I can not wait for you to see as I do. Her whirling violet and blue eyes glanced to Macuith, as Alumet turned her eyes to her elder brother. Warmth wrote over her face, and she waved to C'lusi, "You and yours look as beautiful as you can be, my brother dearest." C'ryn and Aresoth would be first, and it got her gaze to turn away, to the bronze and his Rider. C'ryn was a sweet boy, and Zenobiath was fond of her metallic brother, though it seemed today that her hearts beat for all of her siblings, watching them.

Slowly, Alumet's fingers moved over her straps one last time. Adjustments were made, slight tightening here, a turn there and....Ah. There it was. Slowly, after V'mel gave the command, she stroked Zenobiath's ridge, Ready for me to mount, dearest love? That got a croon, a shift from the Gold, and then Alumet was up. Even once mounted, she was testing the way the straps fit, how she felt in them, nodding at how sturdy it all felt. It was good she'd had time to talk to the other Queen riders about straps, figuring out how they worked, designing her own to fit her beloved, and herself. She had painstakingly worked on every little detail, and been preparing for this as she could, and now she was mounted and waiting, watching the other Senior Weyrlings with hope. This was good. They had all worked so hard, and she was excited for each one. All of them.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:44 am
Upon hearing Macuith's words, Aresoth pushed his chest out, seeming to sit up even straighter. Of course he and his bonded looked sharp today, it was starting to be when did they not look sharp, they did have appearances to keep of course. He sent a loving croon to the blue before his attention was drawn to V'mel and Aviroth.

The pair listened to what the man had to say. There was excitement flowing in undercurrents through the air that wasn't hard to miss. C'ryn had been running a hand over the leather riding straps, a habit he had formed. He checked them over once V'mel had finished speaking for a moment and was swinging up onto Aviroth's neck. C'ryn's greenish-blue gaze met the whirling eyes of Aresoth once his check over was done. "Ready?"

There was a shift in Aresoth's weight as the bronze answered in his mind. We were both born ready for this, C'rynmine. Both were the sons of Bronzes, this was what both of them were made for, why it was chosen for them to be together. With that thought from Aresoth, and the feelings he felt pouring through their bond, C'ryn swung up onto his straps and onto Aresoth.

It was only a moment to wait, he was glad he had been able to get up so easily onto Aresoth the first time. He was making sure he was in shape, stayed in shape as well. The fact V'mel called upon he and Aresoth to take off first caused a bit of nerves that was easily quelled by the confidence that Aresoth radiated. They could do this, they would do this. They had practiced and done the exercises they had been told.

The bronze crouched down and spread his wings, his haunches moving some as he was gearing up to launching himself in the air. It was getting a bit harder for him to just take off straight from the ground, his bulk didn't make that an easy job, but he was determined to show his siblings how it was done, he was the bronze after all. C'ryn's added weight would make it a bit difficult but it was nothing the bronze couldn't handle, and it would only get easier as he continued to grow.

A running start forward, a couple of steps, a jump and then a powerful pump of his wings downward, all practiced movements, and Aresoth was up in the air. He had to beat his wings a bit more to keep himself in the air and to gain height, it was hard to get his bulk up straight from the ground, but he managed it. All the while, C'ryn sent feelings of love and confidence to his bonded, giving him extra strength and encouragement when the bronze needed it.

The feeling of being in the air wasn't something new to C'ryn, he had been on Gareth's back before, but being on his own dragon, he and Aresoth up in the air. That was what was different and he couldn't help the elation he felt from it either. Aresoth swung around in the air, using his wings to hover as he wanted to watch the rest of his siblings take off.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:51 am
V'mel shifted back in his straps to observe the speed and height of Aresoth's ascent. Already large for his age, the bronze was expected to have a bit less grace in leaping up. Most of the larger dragons, the golds and bronzes, would one day at their full size often shift from leaping skywards to stepping off a ledge. They would, of course, be strong enough to leap up, but stepping into the sky was just easier. Of course, none of the weyrlings would have that option today, and nor should they need it. If they were too weak to leap even at this size, well...

But Aresoth did fine, and C'ryn seemed to be holding steady. All that was expected of a budding bronzerider, especially one that'd come up with rider parents. Aviroth thrummed in approval—though he didn't speak it aloud to anyone—before mentally rifling through the other dragonets on hand to offer his opinion to the man astride him. Many of the greens and blues, energetic as expected, were raring to go. But things were meant to go in a certain order, according to the older pair, and that meant those larger dragons (who would need more open sky to flap up into, as well as having the stamina to hover longer as the rest got up) would go first.

"Well done, C'ryn. Hold him steady, though be on watch. I'll expect you to move aside if someone heads your way in takeoff." He'd also expect the weyrlings to have better sense than to launch into another rider, but you never knew. And stray gusts did happen. "Next—Le'x, Kratoth," he rolled onwards, twisting to regard the pale brown and his partner expectantly.

Teiha

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces