Reply Alternia RP
[Meta PRP] Auld Acquaintance (Polair + Engrav) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Catching up is hard to do.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:53 am
The raucous crush of the conveyor was keeping Engrav busy. Boots and uniforms and walls and the allure of being in the space program had kept voices loud and trolls excited. It was almost like being back in the trails, constant bombardment of stimuli. Still, Engrav had managed to spot a few familiar faces here and there, and there were one or two that he desperately needed to talk to.

Polair stood out, even here.

Engrav waited until most of the talk had died down, then approached the purpleblood. He was wary of the highbloods as a rule, but they had history, and she'd seemed very helpful then.

"Polair, hey, it's Engrav," he said, ducking his head just a little bit. "You're looking good. It's great to see you." He pointed to a far side of the conveyor at a space that would be quiet enough to talk. "If you've got a moment, would you like to catch up? I caught you on superstar authority, and it all seemed kinda familiar."

ImaginationsParadise
I'm sorry I know Polair is blind but Engrav doesn't and I couldn't help myself and he's kind of a dummy.

Buzzwulf

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:00 pm
Talking to one troll at a time was so much easier these nights. Polair had gotten some water at least, keeping herself hydrated throughout her stay here. Her cane was folded in her pocket and she made sure not to lose it. Just as she was going to take another sip, someone addressed her. Polair looked to the side where the voice came from and titled her head while she tried to remember who this troll was.

Engrav.... Oh!

"Greeting Engrav. Oh, um... Thanks." Why the heck was she baffled by that compliment. It got her every time. Ignoring the warm feeling on her cheeks, she took a sip of water and smiled. "You're looking good yourself." Of course she wasn't sure about that. She was blind after all!!! "It's been quite some time since we last spoke!" She had met this troll during a chaotic science fair. Sure she got some kind of honorifics during that time, but that was only after Claud made a fuss about it. Nevertheless it was the start of her scientific career. The highblood wondered where had he been all these sweeps. Was he still into making inventions?

"O-oh, Really?" Again her cheeks flushed. How did that seem familiar? "S-sure! I'd love that. Really want to know what you've been up to." Polair really didn't know if they stay near the refreshment table or speak somewhere quieter. She extended her arm, expecting him to guide her at least? If that was possible?

"Um... Lead the way? I-I got lost getting a drink in the first place. Haven't gotten the chance to walk around. It's too crowdy." Hey, maybe that excuse would not make her seem so incompetent. Or maybe not.

Buzzwulf
i loved it lol, can't wait to see what happens next !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:22 pm
Engrav's brow wrinkled. Hadn't Polair noticed him point to the corner he'd been talking about? His thinkpan whirled with possibilities, suspicions and questions, but he kept a firm lid on it for now. Maybe she was just trying to get a rise out of him, although that didn't really seem like the firm, serious Polair he'd first met.
Trolls changed, though, right? Trolls changed. Troll's visions changed.

"Er, sure. Follow me." He said, taking her hand with his prosthetic and leading her through the crushing throng of trollkind. She wasn't actually touching him, he knew, but the thought still gave him prickle-flesh. Was that cause he didn't like being touched or because it was Polair? He put it out of his mind. Maybe a bit of both. He snagged an extra water bottle from a table as the two trolls snaked their way towards a quiet corner.

"So..." Engrav started. "I caught a bit of Superstar Authority, but I wasn't really tuned in. What have you been up to lately?" He was unaccountably nervous, more so than meeting new trolls. He'd talked to Polair before! She was perfectly reasonable and friendly! It didn't feel good, and he couldn't place exactly why.

ImaginationsParadise

Buzzwulf

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:41 pm
Polair mentally sighed in relief, thinking she was off the hook for now. She did mind being guided but what could she do? She wouldn't use her cane when she's with someone she knows, it made her look so stupid- so lame and weak. Plus being guided like that reminded her of that other yellowblood. No one had done the same since. And that cold metal she felt... Shaking the thought off her head, she let the other guide her through the crowd while she wondered what exactly he wanted to know about her. Had he noticed? Had Engrav heard something about her? There was only one way to find out, catching up.

Once they seemed to be in a quieter environment, the other teen threw a question at her. Polair untwisted the cap of her bottle and took another sip. "I'm surprised you did to be honest... It doesn't seem right up your alley." She said with a slight chuckle. "Nevertheless, yes I did participate even if didn't put much of a show to be honest." Polair had given her best though and seemed interested in pursuing that sometime soon. It felt good. Being on stage and all felt really good.

"Besides Superstar Authority, I've been busy. Most of the time, I'm broadening my horizons in the fields of science. Took a part time job as a tutor for a schoolfeeding institution in Civisect, also started offering that service on my own. Have taken an interest in sound waves too." Because she was blind, and part of her investigation was to perfect the use of sonar artifact. "I too participated in the Space Race. Civisect's Space Tower blew up though..." It was sad really. Such good workmanship done there and it all blew up.

"Oh," Shaking those sad memories away, Polair got a tad closer now. "I also manage to conduct one of my oldest experiments! The one I showed you during the science fair, do you remember?" Polair smiled brightly now, doing her bes to keep her voice down so he could only hear her. The purpleblood could still remember that moment. She was so young and he was fairly nervous for a reason. "Haven't managed to make the robotic model work yet, but the solution I mixed up... It works. Still need to make more trials but, it works!"

"What about you?" The highblood couldn't stop thinking of the metallic limb she felt earlier. The how, the why... "What have...." She really wanted to know, and her curious self would kill her later if she didn't know. The seadweller reached out of the lowblood, half hesitating if she should touch his prothetic arm. Was it his left arm? Could be. There was a fifty percent probability. Polair lightly graze his good forearm and down to his beaded bracelet. "I, um... Wonder the same thing about you. Haven't heard your name for sweeps." What had he been doing to lose a limb? Her fingers still trailed while she was lost in thought. "Guess that's because I haven't been able to participate in science fairs as I've grown older."

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:34 pm
Engrav chuckled. Same old Polair. "Yeah, I remember the underwater plant biospheres. Are you trying to fully automate it? I never really got to ask you any questions about the process, honestly. Have you considered using a fungi instead of a plant? They're a little easier to take care of, and usually a little denser in terms of pure calories if you're mostly concerned about a survival situation, which if I remember correctly was the original thesis of the project."

He paused.

"I guess it has been a while, though." Engrav was starting to feel a little more relaxed, a little more focused. Invention talk always put him back in the right mindset. "I was also unclear exactly why the pods had to be submersible rather than, say, subterranean? It seems like it would be much easier to build a closed system with the added structural integrity of earthenworks around them, and you wouldn't have to breach the surface in order to remove any edible product from them. Admittedly, getting the plants sunlight might be slightly more difficult, but if you switched to the fungi it wouldn't be an issue. I'm sure you thought it through, but those were the questions I was gonna ask before we were, ah, interrupted."

Engrav remembered the Space Race as well, and shuddered a bit. He'd just barely made it out in one peice. Morrimom hadn't even been that lucky. Polair definitely looked like she'd come out of it just fine, though. He didn't remember seeing her there, but really a lot of that was a complete blur to him, so that wasn't that surprising. "Yeah... I was in that space tower. Not a great... well, you were there."

This felt good, talking here. Polair was probably one of the only trolls Engrav had ever felt like hadn't tried to hide anything from him. She wasn't secretive, had no hidden agenda. She was just... earnest. She was honest with everyone she met and it just seemed to work for her. If Engrav was a jealous troll, he would have felt terrible. Instead, he felt awed. Awed and just a little bit flushed. Maybe he was catching something.

"I, I had a bit of an accident," he was saying. "I was working in chittentown on some systems, and um, I attracted some attention that..." He stopped. "You know what, I don't want to make my problems too much your problems. I don't want to burden you if I don't have to. I've been looking into learning a bit more as well. I've been trying to collect some like-minded trolls to-"

Then she brushed against his arm.

Engrav flinched back like he'd been slapped.

Nononono, that wasn't on purpose OF COURSE IT WAS, Engrav, what the hell, you've been acting like an idiot. Of COURSE she has an agenda, Engrav you idiot, you're not seeing her like you look at everyone else, you think she's so special? She wants to control you just like EVERYONE just like did and you let her inside and now she hurt you and he slapped himself on the thinkpan and shut himself up.

He could still feel himself standing stiff as a board. The yellowblood forced himself, little by little, to slowly relax. "Ahem!" he coughed, clearing his throat. "Sorry about that." Shields were up now, though. He wasn't gonna get surprised again. "Really, I don't mind, you just surprised me. I, uh, like I was saying. Sorry. Excuse me for just a second."

Engrav opened his water bottle and drained the whole thing in one gulp.

ImaginationsParadise
Engrav noooo your crush

Buzzwulf

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:09 pm
The talk was pleasing, and more since shoe could appreciate his tone of voice where they were. It wasn't as if his voice was the only one she liked, in fact Cerpin's and Mahmud's tone of voice were also on that growing list of hers. Engrav's had a nice frequency, all she had to do was put a numerical value to it so she could appreciate it more. What was it with her and smart sounding troll? How did they all manage to capture her attention and actually made her feel confortable around her. Polair didn't know he had also participated in the Space Race, only making her worry more about it even if it wasn't her business. And that other thing... Attracting unwanted attention was never good. The seadweller respected his decision though... She knew what he was probably going through to some extent.

But then, something strange happened? Engrav had moved back rather abruptly. What was happening? Her worries grew stronger now. Had she touched him rather rough? OH MY GOODNESS... H-had she hurt him?! Even after he apologized for the reaction, Polair couldn't help but get herself even closer now. She was responsible for it right? So she had to fix the wrongs she had done. Polair "stared" at him for a few seconds as her mind raced to and fro. Keeping the silence longer than it should."No, it's not ok." She finally said. "Have I hurt you? It's the only explainable reason why provoked such stimulus out of you." Polair was genuinely concerned and even if half her face was covered up with her bangs, her lips always gave away how she felt. She brought her hands up, hesitated if she should touch him again but ended up doing so because she SORT OF was to blame. The scarred tissue she felt made matters worst as she just thought she had found more evidence to justified her hypotheses. "Does this hurt? Oh glub I apologize for everything!" It's like she couldn't think rationally. What was going on?!

Shoulders tensed as her hands first rested on shoulders and later proceeded to go up his neck and ended at his jawline while she pondered what could she possibly had done to-- Wait a minute. What was she even thinking? This was something even her would feel so uncomfortable about.

"OH!" The seadweller took one big step back. Pressing her lips together as she sloppily put words together in her mind before bowing her head down and bringing her hands pressed together up. "I'm so sorry!" If Polair was a bit flushed before, she was now blushing out of embarrassment. Oh how she hated the heat beneath her bangs. Definitely she should go to the medical blocks to see if she wasn't sick. "Please, ignore my wrongdoings."

"A-anyways..." The highblood stood up straight, bit her lower lip before hastily drinking more water. She needed a moment to get herself together. "Um... You were saying you had questions about the biospheres during that time and I... UM... will consider your proposals in regards to -uh- the project itself." Way to keep it cool Polair.

"I have thought about growing fungi, since it's it apart of the building blocks of life itself-- just like the bacteria in my mix. Maybe add some of it to- quicken the growing processes... As for the robotic model, I'm fully taking that into account as I still need to study up more on mechanics. I'm not that good at it, hehe..." She chuckled nervously, trying oh-so hard to shift the focus on inventions and science again. "Maybe one night we should get together to, UM, m-maybe go over my notes? If that's something you'd like that is."

"Enough of my current project. Um, you w-were saying, before I, um, r-rudely interrupted? You've been trying to collect some likeminded trolls to--"

EDITBuzzwulf
she's one heck of a mess. im sorry.
edit;; didn't know about scarring so added a tiny bit on it! ovo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:46 pm
Engrav wiped his mouth with the back of the hand he still had, then turned back to face Polair again. He could tell from her face that she was concerned. Mouth in a tight line like that, eyes hidden behind brows, staring out at what he guessed was the center of his chest. He'd have guessed she was either worried or sick. Maybe both. There was a flush to her cheeks. Engrav gritted his teeth. He could feel that same flush building up, that glow of hot ichor to the face.

It felt good, in a bad way.

Something about the way she was looking at him... seemed off. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but it was almost as if the seadweller wasn't framing him correctly. Like she was having a hard time keeping him in focus. A moment passed, there, as they stood just out of each other's reach. Then Polair kicked herself back into motion.

She moved in, hands fluttering like small birds. Engrav braced himself. He didn't flinch when she touched him. He didn't move at all.

He pretended he was stone. That he was vacuum. That nothing was nothing in his body, air and mist and wind.

It didn't matter. Her hands still felt good. The yellowblood ground his teeth, frustrated. He hated that the decision had been taken from him, hated enjoying it even more.

Her hands went to his shoulders, to his neck, to his jaw. They rested delicately, feeling his scars. Why? Was his pain something she liked? It didn't feel like the kind of thing he would have guessed from the seadweller, not based on the way she acted. Maybe, though, maybe he just didn't have enough... data. An idea popped into his head. Not a good one.

Engrav caught her hand with his prosthetic as she took a step back. Gently as he could, but the thing was clunky, and he was worried he might have held on just a bit too hard. The seadweller bit her lip as she tried to compose herself. Engrav had no idea why she was so flustered, but he didn't feel like giving her a moment to catch her bearings.

She was going to invade his bubble? Just step on all of what he expected from a normal conversation?

He'd she what she did when she couldn't ignore it.

She was saying something about her project, backpedaling. Clearly trying to shift the focus. Engrav was having none of it. Slowly, Engrav moved her caught hand to the scarred part of his face.

"You know." Engrav said quietly, "Most trolls would have just asked what it felt like. That would have hurt less, I think." He stared at where he thought her eye were, gaze hard. Mouth set in a firm line.

The bottom had dropped out of his stomach. Was this what betrayal felt like? He didn't understand. He wanted to. Why had she done this?

ImaginationsParadise
Engrav REALLY doesn't like having his back against a wall. eek

Buzzwulf

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:17 pm
Polair stiffened some as she felt Engrav's grip on her wrist, feeling up against a wall-- unable to have a choice. The feeling she was experiencing probably was the same the yellowblood had felt. She didn't know that. But being held like that made her heart pound against her chest. More data... This situation required so much data... She didn't understand anything-- it was frustrating. Emotions never interfered in her acting, nor in her life when she was young. So why now? Why was she so susceptible to it? By the way he held her with his prosthetic, she put little resistance at first. It wasn't on purpose, it was part of her instincts. But after a few seconds, Polair let it be.

That scar... She hadn't felt it before had she? No, Polair might be blind but she had a strong base knowledge on anatomy to know where she had stopped. Not the frontal bone, nor was it the zygomatic bone. At this point she mumbled the names of the bone structures she identified until she realized... Her words were caught in her throat as he began to speak again.

"...nasal bone... lacrimal..." No, this couldn't be. How... Who could've done something like this? W-was it both eyes? Her free hand went up the other side, feeling the temporal bone and later the supraorbital foramen carefully. She noted the absence of scarred tissue which gave her some relief. It was funny, really, to think all these sweeps that her visual impairment had been such torture and agony, when there were trolls like Engrav who've been harm. She was blinded because of her stupidity, he probably didn't have a choice. She removed her free hand from his face and pulled back her bangs. Eyebrows were furrowed and tears were forming in her eyes. No, she couldn't, she wouldn't it was such a foolish stimulus. She knew no matter how hard you try or how bad you want to, you can't stop the pain. That pain just stays in place. What Polair always failed to understand though that, that one tear, that tiny, salty, droplet of moisture was a mean of escape. Although it's just a small tear, it is the heaviest thing in the world. She always thought it didn't do a damn thing to fix anything. Crying never helped. However, it was inevitable. Tears came before she could stop them, boiling hot then instantly freezing on her face, and what was the point in wiping them off? Or pretending like she used to? Polair was too focused on the other that she just let them fall.

The purpleblood said nothing for a time, just ran her fingertips along the edge with face flushed, lips pressed together. This was so painful. And not being able to do anything about it was worst. She couldn't intervene in this, as it went against her ideals. Trolls should be able to live their lives for their own sake and by their own mind; they neither sacrifice themselves to others nor sacrifices others to themselves. “I guess I should have reacted the way most trolls do, but I couldn't get myself to react like them." She finally mumbled.

"I try, but it's just not who I am, it's not. I..." She inhaled and later exhaled through her nose while she tried to think of the right words. Expressing empathy or any feeling was never easy- just like casually talking. "I apologize once again. I've hurt you, it was never my intention to. I would never want to hurt you or anyone and I'm being honest about it... even if I was being dishonest about..." Her eyes were half-lidded now, she still didn't have enough strength to say it. But at least she had take a step.

Never had she ever thought revealing her face for a third time. However, this was the second time she felt overwhelmed by it." I understand if you would stop being acquainted with me. I'm not special and I'm sure that I'm not worth keeping around. But I only wish for you to consider my apology. It was nothing but concern."

She sniffed and looked to the side bitterly. "Glub. I hate these kind of emotional reactions." Polair said to herself.

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:13 pm
That shock on her face there, right there, that was new. What? How could she possibly have not seen... pieces began to fall into place in the yellowblood's head. Gears he hadn't been exercising slowly began grind. She hadn't said anything about the way he looked, like so many of the other trolls in the conveyor. She seemed like she wasn't focusing clearly when trying to talk to him, her head just to the left or right. She'd felt out the bones in his face by touch. She was keeping her hair over her eyes, for gog's sake.

And it made sense! A seadweller wouldn't want to show a weakness like that to any of her peers, let alone a lowblood like him. Which meant when she'd brushed up against him... it had been an honest accident. Which meant that he'd overreacted. Which meant that she, in turn, unable to clearly make him out, had been... worried?

What?

And then he'd overreacted AGAIN.

Engrav was an idiot. He had let his stupid pride, that wounded little piece of it, completely run away with him. And he'd hurt one of the only trolls that had ever shown even a scrap of empathy his way, even if it was mostly scientific. His hands shook. He didn't know what to do with them.

"I, I..." how could he take any of that back? He couldn't, he knew he couldn't. "I'm so sorry, I was just so mad, I felt..." She was apologizing at the same time. A seadweller, apologizing to him. Like they were equals. Like he was something special.

"Oh my gog, Polair, I'm so sorry." Engrav wanted to wipe away those tears, but he was afraid it would make it worse. No, he knew it would make it worse. He felt like he'd taken something precious and just stomped on it. Pressed it down with his foot and leaned in, to really emphasize his point. He felt like a monster.

No.

He felt like scum.

Engrav leaned forward. Stopped himself. Leaned forward again. Arms came up. Softly wrapped the purpleblood. It felt weird but he was pretty sure this was what a hug was like. Gentle pressure. Release. Chitin tingled just a bit.

"I'm so sorry, Polair, it was my fault. I, I was being dumb. So, so dumb. You didn't hurt me, I think I hurt myself." This was all true, he was pretty sure. He didn't have a great gauge on it, but it hardly seemed like quantum physics. She'd hurt him on accident, but he'd hurt her on purpose. "I'm... I don't even know how to apologize. I just wish..."

He paused, sniffed for a second. Something in his eye. Dumb.

"I just wish I'd known you needed glasses."

ImaginationsParadise
I absolutely adore these two. This is one of my favorite RPs ever heart

Buzzwulf

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:33 pm
Apologizes were mixed up in what appeared a jumble of words between the two. Why did he blamed himself? It has her fault not his. "B-but it's not--!" Polair raised her voice slightly yet her words got caught up in her throat the minute Engrav hugged her. In response to threat and injury, animals, and trolls, execute biologically based, non-conscious action patterns that prepare them to meet the threat and defend themselves. Since this was still an unknown concept to Polair, the highblood completely froze up. How many times had she been hugged? Three times? And only given out, like what? One hug in her ENTIRE lifetime?

“Oh my gog." The seadweller eyes widened some as she caught her breath in her throat and took a moment to calm down. OK, so… hugging. How does that go again? She thought. You sort of… stretch your arms out… She did so too robotically, too broadly. It looks kind of like she’s trying to find a boulder to slot into the space she made between her chest and her hands. Glub, miscalculated that. Polair placed her hands on his back before releasing him. Polair's cheeks were growing warm from fin to fin now. Overspread with the deepest purple tinted blush and looking totally lost.

REBOOT, REBOOT.

Polair blinked back to reality, wiped her tears away and just, tried to bring her composure back. "Sorry about that." She cleared her throat. "I... I’d forgotten what this..." She tried mimicking a hug. "...felt like.” A chuckle escape her lips at her foolishness.

He offered her help, or at least she felt like he hinted it. "Don't just..." Polair brought her hand up to her chest. "Don't think too much about it." She said. "It's my burden and I wouldn't want to trouble you with it. These--" She pointed at her eyes. "Shouldn't be a concern to anyone. Please, don't stress about it okay?"

"Besides, I'm used to... not... seeing."
The seadweller gave him a small smile, reassuring Engrav she was ok with blinded eyes. "I still believe I should make it up for, everything. As I was the one who've triggered all of these responses..." Polair didn't know whether or not to fix her bangs again, she hesitated on doing so. For one part, she wanted to hide back behind her bangs once again however the heat on her face would make it uncomfortable to her while it lasted.

"I really want to make it up for it."

Buzzwulf
polair.exe stopped working.
glad to hear you've been enjoying this!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:35 pm
Polair was fine, Engrav guessed? Or at least she was good at pretending to be fine. Engrav was...

Engrav was not fine. He was angry. He could feel it down in his stomach there. None of that was Polair's fault. She'd just pressed on a sore spot, a bit he hadn't expected to get much attention. Definitely not by a troll he trusted (well, as much as he trusted anyone). It hadn't been her fault. Some of it had been his fault. He still didn't know why the Purpleblood seemed to give a s**t about him, and he wasn't about to find out right now.

"So, what I was talking about earlier." Way to go, right back to business Engrav. Idiot. Like pretending that nothing had happened. He wiped his thinkpan with his hand.

"I'm trying to get a few trolls together. I know that there's a few of us that are mechanically minded, and some of them don't have the resources to actually put their work together. Plus, a lot of our research doesn't overlap, and it's often good to get a second pair of eyes on projects. I'm just saying, I think if a few of us got together... we could make something really special. Something that actually made a difference." He grinned at her. Engrav knew she couldn't see him that well, but it still felt right. Still angry, but locked onto something he'd been aiming towards. "Plus... I guess I'd like to hang out again sometime. If you're ok with that."

ImaginationsParadise
finally back to business

Buzzwulf

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:53 pm
Thank the Mother Grub they had moved on. Polair mentally thanked him as she really hated feelings and emotions, not to mention experiencing them. Right back into business, the highblood paid close attention to the other troll, processing his words into her thinkpan and seemed really interested on what she was hearing.

"Like offering sponsorships, grants, and guidance for projects?" She asked while she combed her fingers through her hair. "I've tried to do that. Once or twice, usually the projects I've tried giving coverage didn't offer any long term accomplishments, even if the seemed like they had one. Truly disappointing." Polair said as a matter of fact. Now she had her arms crossed thinking about what Engrav had in mind. He wanted to do something that could make a difference... That really sounded like something she'd be into."That's sounds like big project. I like it."

Hang out? Him with her of all trolls? So he did still want to be acquainted with her! Such a relief, really. "S-sure, why wouldn't I? I'd loved to spend time in a place together socially, as well as to do something relaxing with you that hasn’t been decided yet." That was the meaning of it, right?

"Maybe even go into details with your plans. So I can see how I can support you in any way I can. Though if it's an academical issue, I don't know if my appearance on Superstar Authority will slow your plans down..."

Buzzwulf
up to you if you wanna wrap it up!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:15 am
Engrav had expected Polair to be on board, but he wasn't quite prepared for exactly how quickly she seemed to get behind it. Maybe she'd been thinking of organizing something similar? He hadn't really thought about it, but he was deadly serious about getting as many creative brains as possible in a single room.

"I'm glad you're interested," the yellowblood replied. "I know grants and scholarships might be part of the... um... I think technically syndicate is the term for likeminded trolls organizing for a goal, but let's not worry about how that sounds for now. Anyway. I was aiming more for joint collaborative efforts." He wanted prototypes, things that they could not only create, but mass-produce. Engrav wanted devices that trolls would have access to that could truly change Alternia, pull it kicking and screaming into the future.

"There's tech all over the place that's just been left, abandoned. We're pulling some of that down from the sky pretty soon here. We'll start with that. You and me might not be able to bring anything back, but we can see how the systems up there work. And if we can see how they work, we might be able to replicate some of that tech. Not only that though. I want to build on it. Leapfrog past it."

He paused for a second. Thought. "I don't actually know how to get in touch with you." He squinted at the seadweller. "I mean, is there even some place we'd be able to talk regularly? It's not like we can visit each other's hives easily." He paused, thinkpan whirring. "Maybe we could set up a lab? Somewhere we could both get to."

ImaginationsParadise

Buzzwulf

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:00 pm
Polair nodded, it was something to brainstorm about later on but something was sure, she was going to help develop this syndicate further. Taking notes of the tech up there however, would be a difficult task for her. She'd try her best anyways.

"Understood. If anything, I'll have some notes on the matter and make them get to you as soon as I can." She said confidently. "Like I said before, I'm not so skillful with mechanics practically, but I'm very good with mechanics in a theoretical plane. Also, I think I might know someone who does..." But she hadn't known about Leeroi since... She wouldn't know if he'd be interested in such thing. The highblood would keep that idea in mind.

"Oh, you're absolutely right!" The seadweller rummaged through her bag, searching for business cards she had with her. Damn, how could she have been so stupid? How did she forget to leave some sort of contact information back then? Feeling the surface of her business cards, Polair identified the one with contact information. Thank god she decided to emboss some of her cards after going blind, not to mention, she had also included the information printed in braille as well. The highblood handed it to the other, in hopes he'd keep it for future use.

"I apologize for my nonsense, really, I thought I had given you my contact information before!" Claud would kill her if he knew she didn't kept her contacts from before. He would also kill her if he knew the majority of her contacts were lowbloods. There was no way to please him these days. Anyways. "I guess it may be difficult for you to access my hive. Since it's off shore and all, sometimes trolls get paranoid about staying somewhere which they think the oceanic pressure may not be constant." Or the fact she had... very dangerous stuff in there.

"I do have another hive, quite near the shore. Recently added a lab there to conduct more experiments there. We could use it, I guess? If that sounds like a plan. We still have time for that, so whenever you wish to contact me about it, don't be afraid to."

Buzzwulf

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces