Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Help, I want to go into Space.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:38 pm
Teatime came again, as much a part of the rhythm of Sephos' world as the moons and the seasons. Thus far, it had been ordinary - tea, biscuits, companionship, and quiet. It was a beautiful night for it, too - clear enough to see stars amid wisps of cloud.

It was Sephos that broke the silence. "Rastin? I got a letter. Can you help me with it?" He asked, handing over a bright, orange, happy-looking letter for Rastin to read.

He often asked for Rastin's help with his mail - reading was still a trial, after all, and Sephos just didn't seem to get it. Plus, he liked Rastin's voice when he read things. It sounded nice.

This letter was not just any letter, though, it was from Panili, which meant he needed to know more about it.

Quote:
The letter congratulates the settlement on the construction of the greenhouse and lists the names of some trolls who did significant work on it (including Sephos' name!)
It also 'reminds' its reader about the ad on tv for cleaning up space and 'making room for space travel, innovation, and freedom'.
"What an opportunity for us to make a difference! Iā€™d love to meet with anyone interested in doing extra for our cause during this time ā€“ we will be working alongside the Alternian military and then some, so pull on your work gloves! Please meet me at the Lightseekers settlement on the enclosed date for a rundown and organizational announcements. Food will be provided!ā€
For the most part, it seems benign.

Sephos wanted to know what Rastin thought. He couldn't ask his lusus, not yet. And so that left just Rastin, his friend, to help him figure it out.

Bouquet of Diamonds

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:10 am
Rastin sat comfortably at the other side of the table, sipping at his tea cup on occasion and eyes pulled upward toward the stars. He wasn't inherently fascinated by space or the sky above, but it still drew him in as it had thousands of trolls before him. There was just something about those twinkling orbs of light out there that pulled at the heart and filled you with such a sense of wonder that nothing else could replicate.

He turned as his name was spoken and immediately met Sephos' gaze, before giving himself a quick shake of the head and focusing on the letter.

"Working alongside the Alternian military? Good heavens." He remarked, his hands moving up to take the letter and examine it further. "... Well, Sephos, it seems to be an invitation to help clear up space debris and... Make room for space travel."

He re-read the letter to himself again, just to make sure he'd read everything correctly, and placed it down between them with a look of both contemplation and concern.

"This Panili... Wasn't she the one with that tea booth we went to as children during Bloodfest?" He asked, rubbing his chin in thought. He was sure he'd gone to meet her on another occasion, but it was escaping him now. "I hope this clean up isn't going to end up as something reminiscent of that space race catastrophe..."

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:48 am
Bouquet of Diamonds

Sephos listened, a few points of the letter finally a little more clear to him. He guessed there was a mess up there among the stars, somehow. Messes needed to be cleaned up or used to grow plants on.

He nodded- yes, that was Panili. Yes, he hoped it wouldn't be a catastrophe too. Yes, he didn't know if it could be. "... I want to help her." he said, finally. "... Can I?"  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:53 pm
Rastin watched Sephos carefully and initially appeared shocked at his response. He wanted to go there and help? What for? This event would have military personnel everywhere, and that alone gave Rastin a fright. He couldn't see how any of this sounded like a good idea.

... Still, though, he couldn't demand that Sephos stay based on personal fears. Sephos was his own person, telling him what he could and couldn't do felt all kinds of wrong. He took a sharp breath in and hummed nervously.

"If you want to help, that's your decision to make." He said, clasping his hands and looking to the side. "... But I would suggest being as careful as possible. Who knows what dangers could come from this, espescially with something as intimidating as the military being involved."

There was a considerable pause as a deeper, more thoughtful expression crossed over his features, before he looked back to Sephos.

"I just want to make sure you come back unharmed, that's all." He continued.

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:15 pm
Bouquet of Diamonds

Sephos looked down at the table, deep in thought for the moment. Rastin was right - the military was intimidating. The whole thing was intimidating, but Rastin was also right in that he had made his decision. To help.

But there was... a problem.

"I can't go to space." he said, looking away, out into the woods where, faintly, one could hear his lusus moving about. Or, perhaps, it was just the wind rocking the boughs of ancient trees. "I gotta... stay on the ground. But I want to help." he looked back at Rastin hopefully. "How do I do that?" Did he know how to resolve the confusion? He usually did.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:45 pm
Oh, he didn't want to go to space, that was a huge relief, but he still wanted to help? Rastin tried to keep his mouth from twisting in displeasure. Why, why couldn't he just stay here, where they were reasonably safe and not close to the crazy people? He viciously shoved his feelings away.

"...Perhaps there's some sort of ground based activity you could help with?" He reasoned, a hand raising to rub his chin. "Monitoring screens, cleaning debris, making sure those who do go to space stay safe? It would stand to reason that there were jobs like that."

Nice, safe jobs, like lifting things and putting them down somewhere that isn't the vast vacuum of space. ... Honestly it felt insulting to suggest Sephos do something that was so simple, but it was better than the possibility of him getting blown up on a spaceship.

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:53 pm
Bouquet of Diamonds

Sephos's eyes widened, their normally creased angles softening."D'you really think there'll be somethin' like that?" he asked, "Just, things on the ground? Like that?" He moved his long forelock out of his face, obviously (or, perhaps, only obviously to Rastin...) relieved.

"If I can be on th' ground that would be perfect." he said again, wiggling his toes. That was where he belonged - that was where his lusus wanted him to be, and where - in all honesty - Sephos would prefer to be.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:21 pm
"Well, yes." Rastin offered, taking close note of Sephos' face. Whatever he was saying seemed to be helping Sephos and he couldn't quite decide if that was a good thing or not. He had a feeling this would all come back to haunt him somehow later. "There could be jobs where you'd be on the ground, but the only way to find out for sure would be to-"

He paused, pretending to adjust his hair instead of deliberately stopping himself. Was he really about to suggest this? He had to be losing his mind. He cleared his throat.

"The only way to find out for sure would be to go there and find out for yourself." He continued, his lips puckering. "And... Perhaps I could accompany you? For... Support, if you'd like?"

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:40 pm
Bouquet of Diamonds

Sephos hadn't realized he was going to ask Rastin if he could maybe come with him until Rastin himself offered, and he realized what it was. "That... I..." Sephos had no words for the sweeping gratitude and relief he felt wash through him. "'Preciate it." he managed simply, his smile now distinct and warm.

"... I'll feel better with you around." He said simply. Better. Safer. Maybe... stronger?  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:01 pm
There was a subtle pause from Rastin and the purpleblood seemed to look like he hadn't expected Sephos' response. Sephos would feel better with him around? Something about him saying that was... Delightful.

Breaking himself away with a gentle shake, Rastin cleared his throat and assumed a typical serious, upright position. Couldn't let on to any of that nonsense, now could he?

"Then it's no trouble." He replied, knowing full well that he was lying through his teeth, and clasped his hands. "We'll leave for this, erm-" He paused, looking down to the note again before continuing. "-Settlement, I suppose, together at some point? Would you like to plan a place to meet up beforehand, or would you rather I meet you there?"

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:35 pm
"Yeah - together. We should go together - that would be good..." Sephos considered Rastin for a moment that, to another troll, might have been uncomfortable. Then he sipped his tea.

"Mm..." he said thoughtfully, "... You've never been to the Settlement." It was a question, a statement, and a realization all in one. "Don't want you to get lost."

As for a meeting place... "I could meet you here? We could go together?" It made sense - Rastin's hive was deep in the woods, but it was on the way (for Sephos anyway) to the lake, and to the plains beyond. It wouldn't be hard to just drop by - much like a snowball picked up snow, he would pick up Rastin, and they would both make their way to the plains.

It was a sensible, rational idea -- and Sephos would feel better for it.

Bouquet of Diamonds

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:07 am
Yes, together. Rastin looked briefly off to the side and, copying Sephos, sipped his tea. He couldn't quite tell if it was the warmth from the tea or his own body temperature, but it was clearly getting hot over here.

"Meeting you there could work, if you gave me directions." He replied, setting his hands against his lap. "But you do raise a point about getting lost... I suppose we could meet somewhere in the woods and walk from there together?"

The latter option made him feel like grabbing at the collar of his cloak, but he refrained. This was for Sephos' comfort and safety and nothing more. He had to focus.

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:34 am
Bouquet of Diamonds

"Nah." Sephos brushed off both suggestions. "Meeting here at your hive is better. Then we can walk there..." He hesitated for a moment. He had to give Rastin some kind of explanation - with words, even. "It's easier." he said, "And I like walking with you."

Then again, was Rastin sick? It was entering autumn, so it wasn't very warm at all, but he could see that Rastin was flushing a deep purple. It's actually kinda pretty. Sephos thought idly. He hadn't really thought about it before, but Rastin's color was very nice. Dark, but not too dark.

He probably wasn't sick, just... nervous? Was he nervous? Sephos knew that he didn't like to leave the forest either, but he seemed so refined, so capable... surely things were easier for Rastin to understand out there than for Sephos. "... You'll like the settlement." he said, trying to be reassuring, "People work together - and theres farms, and a woodlot..." He visualized it in his mind, his eyes growing distant for the moment. "And a greenhouse - a big one. You'll like it." He reassured again.

Another pause.

"I want you to see it."

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:24 pm
He liked walking with him? Ras' heart fluttered. Then, he immediately held his breath. The sooner he could iron out these plans, the sooner he could go back inside and yell at himself in the mirror until this feeling passed.

"Goodness, that does sound... Rather nice." He said, blinking twice. Farmland, a greenhouse, wood... It sounded like his kind of place. Why hadn't he heard of it before, then? Maybe he did need to leave the house more often. "I can see why you'd think I'd be interested and, while I can't see why they'd choose such a place to hold a meeting about a subject like this, I do think it's worth taking a look at."

If all went well, perhaps he could spend some time in this greenhouse... However, he felt that would be doubtful given the circumstances.

"What time should I expect you, then?" He asked, referencing to his front door. "I suppose we'll want to leave here early?"

DraconicFeline

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces