[PRP] This Kind of Atmosphere (Sonny & Preacher) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:02 pm
Preacher wondered if (provided she'd had a more normal childhood and that Sonny had possessed a sort of normal childhood as well... also they would've had to have been born in the same bit...) she and Sonny woulda been good friends in high school. This kind of felt like how she imagined going over to a friend's house after school would feel. She was kind of bursting with things to tell Sonny. The casting had been ******** weird and kind of awesome and while she was no mover or shaker, she was kind of proud - mainly about the punching, if she was honest.

Clomping up to the haint blue porch, she peeked into the windows first to see if she could see Sonny without using the doorbell. Maybe if she like... thought hard enough, it'd work.

shibrogane
(~@_@)~

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:13 pm
Sonny could be seen at a table with a pile of books and a laptop, looking like a ******** nerd. Their hair was up in a messy loop of a bun, and they seemed kind of bored, so when Preacher stared at them with her laser eyes, Sonny looked up and smiled and waved. "Door's open," they called through the glass.

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:48 pm
Preacher grinned and waved violently back before opening the door. She toed off her shoes (cheap sandals, strangely out of place on Preacher, who normally wore big combat boots) and stepped inside.

"'Ey, nerd," she said, flopping down at the table, too. "Guess what?" Then, without giving Sonny a catch to respond. "I punched a man on fire! Twice. Whatcha up to?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:52 pm
"I'm writing a paper," said Sonny. "About metaphysics. There's a big debate on death, like, what is it, what isn't it. So I'm kinda chiming in."

Huh?

Sonny shrugged. "Who was on fire? Why'd you punch him? Is that why you're covered in burns?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:06 pm
"Ain't death when ya stop moving and stop bein'? I mean, I ain't know, but I also don have a phd innit, doctor Sonny. I hope it's at leas' fun." Writing papers patently did not sound like fun to Preacher. But she never was terribly good with words; she was better at doing.

"Mmm yeah... he almost kilt me that time, but I got 'way. Sorry." She still felt guilty over running. "I.D.K. some dude who was tryna ******** up the recasting of the charter. N' I tol' everyone we should do tha sigil s**t first but no one damn listened. So we re-did that. I made a magic hagstone n' a bowl o' fire. It's supposed ta heck up n' change some magic bits." She swung her feet out from the chair. "I dunno. I ain't real invested. I jus' wanna fix s**t, y'know? N'.... n' maybe I don't wanna repeat... for reasons."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:08 pm
"'Cause you're scared of stopping being, probably," said Sonny. "It's okay. I'm scared, too. I've been told my whole life that I'm going to live forever, and now I'm being told that I'm going to maybe die in four months, and if I don't die all of my friends will be dead anyway, and my papa and my father too. It's really scary. So it's kind of just an interesting topic...

"Lots of you are scared of things changing," said Sonny thoughtfully. "But I think you're more scared of things staying the same. Am I right?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:03 pm
"Well, like, I kinda stole this life from tha other me, so I gotta make it mean somethin' or it wasn't for nothin'." Her mouth twisted briefly.

Then Preacher sighed. "I ain't scared," she said, after a moment. "I mean, I always figgered I'd die inna ditch somewhere, y'know? But for tha first time, I text someone n' tol' him ta come get me instead o' just waitin'. N' maybe I wanna perserve that? Or others - people like you don' deserve ta get caught up in this junk." She chewed her lip. Chester was thinking of even trying to become a fetch to cheat the cycles and she didn't want him to have to do that. And the nobles didn't repeat, while everyone else did. It was all unequal.

"Ya said ya might help me afore - you still up for it? I gotta get them pieces so's I can dismantle this ******** class="quote">
shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:25 pm
"Yeah," said Sonny, "I think I'm up for it. Just, you work for Chief Mercer, right? Can you get him to... you know... let me out?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:27 pm
"Yeah, sure," Preacher said without hesitation. "Like remove tha police law thinger? Or is there a bit o' magic innit?" She frowned, not having thought magic would be involved. "Oh n' didya figgur out where that body was?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:32 pm
"It's buried," said Sonny. "And there's no magic, there's just, you know, if a cop sees me he has to take me back, and if I do it too many times they will put magic up to keep me in. It's not safe for me to be out." They sighed. "But I found the paperwork for arranging her burial. So I know where the body is."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:07 pm
"I gotcha, I gotcha. It's a stupid rule anyhow, so I don' see why 'e wouldn't lift it up. Jus' don't get snatched by any rogue scientists wantin' y'immortal body, 'kay?" She propped her chin up on one hand. "How would I explain that to ya dads?"

"Also, I gotta say that I ain't sure 'bout some of these components. Like I need a siren, but the only ones is kids and ain't nobody want me ta off one. And your da's grimoire, though I know whoall's got it." She sighed. "If only tha sigil could jus be nuked instead o' being de-powered. Anyway, did ya notice the magic change - it feel all like hayfever in tha air, or somethin'?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:17 pm
"He hasn't so far," said Sonny. "He knows about it. He won't change anything at all." They crossed their arms over their stomach.

They shrugged about the materials. "I guess it could be, but that'd include doing the murdering of the kids anyway."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:07 pm
"I can't promise nothin', but I'll try. It'd be nice not ta have ta sneak out n' s**t. Oh, n' my roomie is helpin' out, too. He's alright, though." Sometimes, Preacher worried that she bothered Sonny more than anything else. Only select parts of what Preacher said seemed to be interesting or worth commenting on. Was that called selective hearing? Preacher couldn't remember. She supposed this meant that when Sonny got free reign, they probably wouldn't need her. The natural order of things, she guessed.

Well, regardless of any of that, she'd ask Mercer what he could do. "Did ya wanna tell me where tha body is at?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:23 am
"I didn't notice the magic change, though," said Sonny after a moment's more thought. "It feels the same to me as it ever has. I'm not effected by your Charter, though, so that could be why." They shrugged one shoulder, again. "If sigils could just be nuked, they'd be practically useless for long-term application. I suppose if you didn't know they couldn't be nuked, then it could be done. Too late for that, though...

"Oh, er, yeah. The municipal cemetery on Knowlton. The really, really big one? There's a plot for the Shore family on the hilltop. She's buried under the name Sunday Primm."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:11 pm
"Oh yeah. Magic's all like. if ya believe it, it's so - unless it's junk tacked onta a, uh... spec? Iunno how to classify it. Differentiation, y'know." Preacher pulled out her phone and made some notes about the wheres and whys and whos of the body. She wondered if they could legally exhume it or if they'd need to like, actually steal it. Fundamentally, Preacher was totally okay with either.

She tapped her phone on her lips for a second. "Does that mean ya won't like... repeat like tha rest o' us? 'Cause that's like a, a me thing n' not a you guys thing. N' d'you wanna be there for gettin' body out should we need ta or nah?"

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces