azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:19 pm
Jeremiah made sure to follow the appropriate channels this time to seek out the Burning Man. In the aftermath of the casting of the new charter, he had spoken quietly with Odal to learn of his location and then to Silk to request entry. If anything, it seemed as if the recent events had instilled a deeper sense of respect and propriety.

A respectful nod of greeting was given to Noah and Noel, when Jeremiah arrived at the Spinel Lady's domain, waiting to hear their instruction on where to head within.

Not that he was entirely certain what would be said, what would happen, but he needed to see him and speak with him. Never mind, in the back of his mind, he was also worried about the twins and what would become of them.

shibroswol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:29 pm
The Burning Man was not caged. He wasn't even bound. He had a comfortable suite of rooms and he was sitting in a chair that seemed to resist his flames.

Jeremiah couldn't go very far into the room. A bargain: the fetches weren't comfortable confining a noble, but neither would they leave a threats free.

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:51 pm
Somehow, he was not surprised to see this is what his prison was like. Not that he did not pause at the sight of the Burning Man. During the fight it had not settled but here it was obvious. It was not just the eternal fire but the way he sat and how the seat did not erupt into flame.

"Father," Jeremiah greeted, giving him a bow after he found as far as he could go. Straightening up, he focused on him, eyes bright and studying.

"The new Charter has been forged," though he likely knew, felt a shift in the magic of the Court, he was closely tied to it than others, "and the old destroyed. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see how it changes this world and us." It was a starting point, though it felt necessary to say given that the Burning Man had nearly caused it to not be.

Not in any fashion they had prepared for.

"I assume they've treated you well since you were brought here?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:56 pm
"I have no interest in talking to you," said the Burning Man.

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:07 pm
"Of course not but I've some interest in speaking with you," replied Jeremiah. "They had said you were mad at me, though at the time I did not know why. Though I am not so foolish as to assume it's simply because I had a hand in the creation of the original Charter."

Or perhaps it was.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:30 pm
The burning man did not answer. He sat and burned.

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:45 pm
Jeremiah just raised an eyebrow. Still no response, it wasn't as if he couldn't talk to a burning wall because he could and would.

"Those that made the old Charter are not those that live now. Condemning us for the actions of those long dead ..." He shook his head. "Somehow, I expected more from you but then I don't truly know you."

shibrogane
the heat is killing me. *pause* i mean OOCly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:27 pm
"If you wish to talk to me, you might say something worthwhile," said the burning man.

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:41 pm
"I figured I would prattle on endlessly," replied Jeremiah dryly before shaking his head and speaking again. "I honestly came to speak to you about you. What are you? You're more than a mere noble. The geas that makes us act against a noble that harms another noble did not trigger when you scorched everything and everyone."

And there were Nobles that were injured: Temperance, Shiloh, Rabbit, Algie ...

shibrogane
THE NEW A/C WILL BE HERE MONDAY. i will live again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:27 am
The burning man laughed, but didn't respond.

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:16 pm
"Too much to hope for that you'd answer that." Jeremiah rolled his eyes, not at all surprised. "She saw three of you, you know. Leila. When she was looking at you while you were still within the Ezra Fitzpatrick of this world. One of the many strange powers you inadvertently bequeathed to people when their consent was given to you."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:24 pm
All Jeremiah gets from that is a hm.

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:40 pm
"Of course, I was also a burning corpse to her sight, so there's that ..." Jeremiah continued. The fact he had been a corpse had been confusing but then with the burning- Leila was seeing the fact they were bound by geas.

"I suppose," he admitted, "I came because no effort was made to know you and now I simply want to understand but you were just looking out for family that had not, ultimately, caused everything to happen."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:42 pm
"Is that all?"

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:00 pm
"No," responded Jeremiah. "I want to hear from you why you went down this path. What made you decide that it was the only way. The truth will come eventually, I'm sure, but I am here now to listen if you will speak it."

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces