Reply Alternia RP
[BATT] Time to Spare (Stryke + Tevini) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doutei

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:37 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
tick tock teacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:34 am
It'd been a long time since she last saw Stryke. Vaguely she recalled their past interaction and wondered if he'd remember her well. Tevini was aware that she was on the quiet side and generally easily forgotten. Plus there was the matter of Cerpin's behavior towards the yellowblood that might have tinted his view of them as a pair.

Never the less, she was determined to drop by and see him. Ever since the incident with Cerpin, Tevini had realized she had a lot to work on. First was making other friends she could count on. Second was learning how to better defend herself. The redblood had expected to count on Cerpin for everything and that clearly had been a stupid idea. She wasn't sure how she'd managed to even convince herself that it'd be okay.

That was what brought her here. Reaching to knock on the door to Stryke's hive, she noted the clouds overhead. Was it going to rain today?

"Is anyone home?" She spoke with a nervous energy. "I'd like to ask a favor..."

leon_a_darkangel
knock knock

Doutei

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:40 pm
Stryke had recently finished his patrolling of the area. One of his favorite pass times was documenting more for his map project. It was peaceful almost sitting in his hive curled up with a book he had recently acquired. Pouring over the fantasy novel he even found himself smiling as he motioned to flip the page.

A knock along with a soft voice caught the yellowblood's attention. Peering up over the novel he blinked a few times. now, who could that be?

"yesss i am. one moment." Stryke replied back as he stood up. Stretching Stryke was tempted to wrap a scarf around his neck to hide his scars. However, he decided against it last moment. Instead, he adjusted the suspenders to his trousers as he walked towards the door.

His daggers remained at his side. It was a habit ingrained into his thinkpan no matter where he went.

Cautiously he opened the door as he used his foot as a door stop. Looking to the other he smiled then as he stepped aside to open the door. He recognized the quiet redblood even if she did not appear as young and frail as the last time they spoke. "ah! good evening tevini. itsss nice to see you again. what can i do for you?" He added politely with a patient smile.

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:49 pm
"Well." Tevini took a breath, as she wondered how to word her request. She'd been working on it the whole walk over and still felt awkward asking out of the blue like this.

"I heard about your powers. Only vaguely but..." The redblood rubbed her neck as she recalled the stories she'd overheard. Stryke was still a bit mysterious to her and she wasn't sure how much stock to place in them. Still if there was a chance, she was going to take it. Looking into his eyes she continued.

"I wanted to ask your help on integrating them into battle. I... recently became aware of powers of my own." Tevini confessed, still nervous to tell others. She wasn't used to thinking of herself as a troll who could do things that defied normal physics and reason. Truthfully her powers scared her. But if she could learn how to control them and practice calling upon them quickly maybe she could be more useful. Maybe she could protect herself better. Maybe she could even protect others.

"I'm still getting used to them. It's sort of overwhelming and new. I thought maybe you'd have some advice or tips I could try." She'd gone to Keionx to learn the basics of combat. The orangeblood was known for her physical prowess and skill. Tevini wasn't sure how much she'd improved yet but knew she could count on the knight to help her with that. Now she wanted to find help in multitasking her physical body along with her mental powers at the same time. Would Stryke be up for the job?

leon_a_darkangel

Doutei

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:21 pm
Stryke went quiet as the younger troll began to speak. She seemed nervous and uncomfortable. However, she finally began to explain what had brought her here.

The yellowblood blinked at her as she mentioned his powers. Rubbing his neck, he flushed ever so slightly. He met her gaze as his hand lowered. "i sssee." He responded as his lower lip pursed. "i can understand... not that long ago i realized i had powers. i have had to learn how to work with them." Stryke explained. "i..wasss even afraid in the beginning. i never thought i would be anything but ordinary." He confessed, although it was hesitantly as if it made him nervous to explain himself. Stryke didn't like sharing personal information but he wanted to make it clear he understood the other and why she was asking.

"i will do what i can to be of assistance to you. i have trained to better myself both with combat and usage of psionics." Stryke inclined his head to her as he coaxed her to come with. "in what way has your powers manifested?" He asked curiously of the other troll as he quickly grabbed his bag with supplies like water and snacks for after their sparring match.

Locking his door he readied to walk with the redblood. "oh. so you are aware. we will be sparring, as well as practice with psionic energy control... sssound good?" He concluded as he realized it would be better to mention what he had in mind for them to do.

Doutei
0w0/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:44 am
"So you discovered your powers too?" Tevini looked surprised. She knew very little about Stryke's story. As she fell into step with him, she wanted to know more. To ask him questions about the life he'd lived up until now. It was a new but nice feeling for her. She'd spent a lot of time locked away in her workshop alone and wasn't used to much companionship.

"Thank you, I appreciate this." Tevini bowed her head as Stryke agreed to help her. At his question she fidgeted a bit nervously, not because he'd said anything bad but she was still getting used to admitting it out loud.

"I've developed telekinesis. It's still a unstable but I'm sure of it." It was something she should be thrilled about. Now she didn't need to rely on rockets to blast her spaceship into space! She could pilot it properly! Tevini was scared of the responsibility, however. She'd devoted her life to building the spaceship, she hadn't factored in needing to learn how to drive it. All of these thoughts bubbled inside her, yet she didn't voice them. They were too much to spill out on a troll she was still getting to know. A troll who was already doing her a favor!

"I understand. Are we beginning now?" It appeared he'd brought her to a decently open space. She shifted her weight nervously,
apprehensive about how to begin. Tevini had never been good at initiating things. It was a wonder she'd even gotten this far into this venture at all.

leon_a_darkangel
feel free to start the fight! o' wo I just figured it'd make more sense for him to begin it in this battle if that's okay!

Doutei

leon_a_darkangel rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-12)

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:24 am
Stryke smiled at the other at her surprised remark. "yesss. that is correct. i discovered i could temporarily stop time.. my psionics acts like a barrier, or shield i guess. as it holds something in place." He explained calmly.

Surprised by her mention of telekinesis, he smiled suddenly. "that seems fascinating, as well as practical power wise." The yellowblood complimented. It was odd..yet comforting. Having another troll who had learned of their powers made him want to know more about the other. Obviously, she was quiet and nervous. That was something he could understand and even relate to.

"after training, we could discuss more how either of us came to realize our powers at length if you desire. or even talk if you prefer." Stryke offered.

Not acknowledging her question if training would begin now, Stryke had already slipped his daggers into his hands. Stryke made it subtle as to not alert her. He came at her, stopping short with the blade inches from her. Stryke looked into her eyes. "are you ready? psionics in combat comes from the heat of the moment. it's a flow that can be pushed forth. how it feels is key to understanding and calling on it at will." He coaxed, waiting for her to react.

HP: 20/20
DMG: 0 DMG
Power: Adept Defensive - Style B: 2/2
Artifact: Novice Offensive A - 2/2
Weapon: +1 DMG

Doutei.
no problem I just wanted to let you both have your say in before we got the ball rolling c:

Doutei rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:41 pm
Quote:
HP: 20/20
Damage: 3

"Alright." Tevini nodded, deciding to talk with Stryke more after. She dreading giving him the backstory on how she'd discovered her powers but it was only fair, she supposed. The yellowblood seemed like a nice guy who'd understand. His eyes were gentle and kind. It was a wonder that he'd managed to stay that way despite everything the rebels had been through.

"Ready." She lied. Tevini would never be ready. Pulling her modified nail gun out, she held it up and backed away. Stryke's daggers were intimidating because they meant he'd be trying to fight in close combat. While her gun did have a blade on the front of her nail cartridge, it was more there for defensive blocking purposes and not in an ideal angle to attack. Attempting to create some distance from him, the transition into battle caused her to worry more about remembering what Keionx had taught her for basic combat rather than integrating her powers.

"I'm sorry!" The redblood squeaked as she fired off a few rounds, purposefully aiming to only graze him. Even with his time barrier ability, it was a little scary to aim to draw blood.

leon_a_darkangel

Doutei

leon_a_darkangel rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-12)

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:27 pm
Stryke realized fairly quickly he had a problem at hand. Her makeshift weapon could do a good number on him, plus she didn't have a lot of combat expertise. Not that he was some master or expert. At least he wasn't the same child who could barely swing his own weapon...or cowered at the mere idea of face to face combat.

"no..you don't be sssorry. we are sparring after all. you need to familiarize yourself with your weapon. jussst...try not to maim me to badly hm?" Stryke teased lightly. He found it in himself to be good natured about having blood drawn by one of her nails. The shot had grazed, although it certainly stung.

Stryke advanced on his companion, before he aimed to take a swing at her. Using the fact her weapon wasn't suited for up close he came at her, his dagger tip stopping but a fraction of an inch from her throat. "danger heightens the senses... for me anyway. your energy is like a wave, roll with it and you can ride it." Stryke pointed, eyes intense with focus. He readied himself for whatever she might try and do next.

HP: 17/20
DMG: 4 DMG
Power: Adept Defensive - Style B: 2/2

Doutei.
updated to include his second charge of psionic powah.

Doutei rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-12)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:18 am
Quote:
HP: 16/20
Damage: 6

Tevini didn't take well to the dagger at her throat at all.

"Aahh!" The redblood fell backwards, startled at how fast he'd moved. Logically her brain knew that he wouldn't actually kill her, he wasn't trying to honestly harm her. Instinctively, however, her body wasn't equipped to handle the fear well. Flushing at the blunder, she scooted backwards and tried to get up while considering her new options to attack. Perhaps if she took advantage of the trees...

"Instead of you-" She fired off some more shots, that appeared to miss him. Any steps to move closer, however, would reveal what her true aim had been.

"-how about your coat?" Tevini finished, continuing to circle around him. Her nail bullets had attempted to pin his loose coat to a tree behind him. She forced herself to fire off one more shot straight at him to show what her strategy had been, figuring Stryke would escape in no time.

leon_a_darkangel

Doutei

leon_a_darkangel rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 6 Total: 12 (2-12)

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:44 pm
The fact she still panicked even as he pulled his own swing made him smile sheepishly. Tevini did not need her throat cut, or body sliced up if he could help it. Being hit with the handle of one of his daggers was one thing, but his companions weren't meant for butchering.

Stryke let her retreat to give her a chance to familiarize herself with her weapon. Not only that, but it gave him a chance to test his own psionics. The willingness to test them on a projectile made him extremely uncomfortable. What if he didn't react fast enough? Gulping at her words, his eyes widen. The firing sound made his small frame tense. He tried to move forward as she aimed another shot at him.

The tug on his coat spoke volumes. He was stuck. The fact he was pinned to the tree by his coat made him nervous. Unable to roll away without tugging at his coat (and perhaps ripping it) he swore. "oh ssshit!" Stryke raised up a hand as his body glimmered with yellow and reddish-orange energy,

Countless clocks seemingly manifested from nowhere. Focusing on the nail coming for him, he willed it to stop. The sound of a chime went off as the nail was suspended in mid air. Carefully, he yanked out the nails pinning him. He then rolled out of the way to safety, long before his powers stopped their hold.

Smirking, he gave Tevini a curious look. "hm. well done, it was a good strategy." He complimented, before using his powers as a distraction. Stryke moved in closer. Stryke kicked out, side sweeping at her feet to knock her off balance.

DMG: 7 DMG
Power: Adept Defensive - Style B: 1/2 - One charge used! Nulled 6 DMG.

Doutei.
Tick. Tock. lol

Doutei rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-12)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:41 pm
Quote:
HP: 9/20
Damage: 3 * 2 = 6
Tevini used her telekinesis!
novice offensive style B 2d6 Deal double damage on this attack, 1x per battle. 1 ongoing damage for all turns after.

"Whoa!" Tevini's eyes widened at the sight of the magic clocks. It was beautiful! Enchanted, she wondered how it worked before suddenly Stryke was moving again. He kicked her legs and down she went! Toppled on the ground, the girl blushed.

"Thanks. But I've still got a way to go." The redblood admitted. Stryke's power reminded her that she'd come here to try and better integrate using her's. Now that she'd fired off a few shots, it was time to try the trick she'd been meaning to. Glancing around the area, she backed away and then took in a deep breath. Her brow furrowed at the strain of what she was about to attempt.

"Nghh!" Nails that she'd shot off before rose from the ground. It was clearly a lot of work for her to locate and concentrate on them so she only selected a few of them. Then she accelerated and shot the fallen nails at Stryke from several angles, as the nails came from different trajectories around him. Even if they didn't hit, it seemed an interesting trick for her to practice in order to force or control an opponent's movement!

leon_a_darkangel

Doutei

leon_a_darkangel rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-12)

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:24 pm
Stryke smile lined his lips at her blush. He had motioned to offer to help her stand up but the redblood moved away. She seemed to be readying herself. His eyes peered at her curiously, the yellowbloods head tilted slightly.

It took him a moment to realize she was doing more than just standing still. Stryke looked fascinated at her concentrated expression. Started by her grunt, he watched as her psionics surrounded her. They appeared to be pink in color. Stryke gave a yelp of surprise as nails carried by her power came at him, all from multiple angles.

Fear made him clam up. Throwing both hands up he closed his eyes. Another burst of his energy sparked to life as it enveloped him. Peeking one eye open, Stryke felt a trickle of sweat roll down his temple. "oh... that was clossse.." Backing up, Stryke felt the strain of their battle. It was a good work out, without question.

DMG: 2 DMG
Power: Adept Defensive - Style B: 0/2 Last charge used! Nulled 6 DMG

Doutei

Doutei rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:24 pm
Quote:
HP: 7/20
Damage: 1 (from ongoing)

"I'm sorry!" Tevini apologized quickly, unsure if she'd gone too far. She was starting to sweat now and felt tired from her last attack. The redblood was not exactly physically active most nights. She was trying to get more in shape after her practice round with Keionx (which had been a painful awakening to how bad she was). Still it was something to work up to, nothing she'd mastered already.

"Are you okay?" Peeking at him carefully, she waited to let Stryke catch his breath. She didn't want to actually hurt him, this was just a practice spar! Waiting for his word on when to start up again, Tevini wrung her hands and ignored her aches and pains.

leon_a_darkangel

Doutei

leon_a_darkangel rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-12)

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:08 pm
Stryke finally managed to catch his breath finally as he cleared his throat. "it's alright...that ssseems handy being able to move things like that." As much as Stryke appreciated his shielding, he couldn't help but feel a pang of envy for use a multipurpose utility.

He eyed the nails, as if mildly concerned they would come to life again.

While training with Byakko had improved his physical prowess, psionics and combat still took a lot out of him. Wiping his brow he slid his jacket off before hanging it over a branch. "we can continue if you are ready as well." Stryke nodded, smiling at her gently in encouragement as he readied himself. Finding a comfortable fighting stance, he motioned for her to come at him.

HP: 16/20
DMG: 0 DMG
Power: Adept Defensive - Style B: 0/2

Doutei

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers