Reply ~.The Atheist Guild.~
Church Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Consensual Hysteria

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:27 am
Last night I met my friends paster and he was nice and stuff. So I decided to cave in. After a year of my friends begging I'm going to go to their church thing. I haven't been to church in 2 years, but then again it was a morman church so I don't know if that counted. It made me mad though, when I met him he got all happy and stuff that he finally had a face to the name. Once he walked away I hit my friend, a lot.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:30 am
to be honest I think churches are a waste of space. not because I'm an atheist but if there was an all knowing god he would know that all his followers and such believed in him and wouldnt need them to go to a special building just to say so.  

Cloud0.0Strife

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:44 am
Actually, I like churches. They have some of the most beautiful architecture, and I love looking inside them, especially Catholic ones, cause they go ape-s**t on the decore. ******** the books, but save the buildings. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:04 am
I might not go, stupid cold. xp  

Consensual Hysteria

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:50 am
Dathu
Actually, I like churches. They have some of the most beautiful architecture, and I love looking inside them, especially Catholic ones, cause they go ape-s**t on the decore. ******** the books, but save the buildings. xd

Yeah the buildings are nice but the reason for them ain't.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:13 pm
Cloud0.0Strife
Dathu

why is the reason so ugly or evil  

agrab0ekim

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:05 pm
agrab0ekim
Cloud0.0Strife
Dathu

Yeah, I don't hate religion, I just don't believe it, and I think it's king of.....odd and a bit of a waste of time to worship any religion. However, I have no patience for zealots of any kind. It's the people that can be evil.

I look at churches like Disney World. There are all these big structures based on fictional stories and lots of people come to see them. Only churches are free, and Disney World is a rip off. biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:39 pm
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Cloud0.0Strife
Dathu

Yeah, I don't hate religion, I just don't believe it, and I think it's king of.....odd and a bit of a waste of time to worship any religion. However, I have no patience for zealots of any kind. It's the people that can be evil.

I look at churches like Disney World. There are all these big structures based on fictional stories and lots of people come to see them. Only churches are free, and Disney World is a rip off. biggrin

i mean, for all i know the churches could be right, but we are not doing this argument again... however, i think that anything in which the people can look to for guidance, and guidence that is normally good (the ten comandments, hello, really good), is a good thing for our society  

agrab0ekim

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:59 am
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Cloud0.0Strife
Dathu

i mean, for all i know the churches could be right, but we are not doing this argument again... however, i think that anything in which the people can look to for guidance, and guidence that is normally good (the ten comandments, hello, really good), is a good thing for our society

But we don't need churches for guidance. Or bibles. People in local communities or people you can phone up are there to help for free as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:36 am
Cloud0.0Strife
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Cloud0.0Strife
Dathu

But we don't need churches for guidance. Or bibles. People in local communities or people you can phone up are there to help for free as well.

but people need something to have a faith in,.. we all have a faith in something, and it i needed by humanity to survive  

agrab0ekim

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:36 am
agrab0ekim
Cloud0.0Strife
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim

but people need something to have a faith in,.. we all have a faith in something, and it i needed by humanity to survive

Well I don't. I don't need to.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:14 pm
you dont have a blind faith in anything... really... drools at an argument about to start  

agrab0ekim

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:19 pm
agrab0ekim
you dont have a blind faith in anything... really... drools at an argument about to start

Well what should I have faith in?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:06 pm
Cloud0.0Strife
agrab0ekim

Well what should I have faith in?

easiest one... how did the universe start?  

agrab0ekim

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:34 pm
agrab0ekim
i mean, for all i know the churches could be right,

Just out of curiosity, do you consider yourself an Atheist, an Agnostic, or just a religious skeptic?  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff