[PRP] Firestruck (Preacher & Shiloh) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Preacher thought she was pretty thoroughly prepared. Chester had been all gung-ho about different types of water, and that had actually worked, after all. So she'd brought some kind of different fire. Gas flames, mineral flames, a match... Shiloh had kept the bowl, though, so she wound her way to his place.

And got lost four times.

But she was there and she kicked the door with her good foot instead of knocking. "Yo, Kickflip, open up."

item creation
item creation mechanic
Players must roll 1d10 in each post where they attempt to create their attuned item. The d10 determines the success or failure of their attempt. Four successes are required to create the item; each post must be filled out.

roll results
1-- A success! Your item has taken a little of your desired trait into itself.
2-- A failure. You have blown up one of your less expensive reagents and caused yourself minor damage.
3-- A failure. Your item has proven resistant to one of your reagents; you will need more power or more reagent to make it work.
4-- A success! Your item has taken a little more of your desired trait into itself.
5-- A failure. Your item has cracked, and must be repaired.
6-- A failure. You have blown up one of your most expensive reagents and done yourself moderate damage. The reagent must be replaced.
7-- A success! Your item has taken a little more of your desired trait into itself.
8-- A failure. You pushed too hard, and the item rejected your attempt to imbue it with its traits.
9-- A success! Your item has taken a little more of your desired trait into itself.
10-- A failure. You didn't push hard enough, and have given yourself a headache.

melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:47 am
    Thankfully Shiloh was waiting for her... and waiting, and waiting some more. How long did it take to get to his house? Not that long, he didn't think, but maybe she lived far away...

There was the knock at the door though. Or kick rather...

"Sup." Shiloh greeted her as he opened the door. "You want anything to drink before we get started? Don't worry 'bout taking your shoes off either, Jamie's parents don't really care."

Bean peeked out of Shiloh's curly hair, just around the corner on Shiloh's right shoulder. Who was this new person? Hello, hello there, hi—he waved vigorously.

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:27 am
"Yo. Is salad-eater here, too?" She would have thought she'd remembered the way; she'd been here before. But Preacher was nothing if not bad at remembering directions. "I'm cool with water, unless ya got like some kinda berry blast kool-aid." It was the first drink she could think of.

Then she squinted. "Ya got somethin' on ya shoulder. Is that tha lil dude from tha meetin'?"

melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:44 am
    "Nah, he's at class." Shiloh made his way into the kitchen. They didn't have kool-aid, and that was a damn shame. He ******** loved kool-aid. Why the ******** didn't they have any? He'd have to bring it up to Jamie later. Water worked for the moment though; after a moment of consideration he dunked a straw into the glass too.

Bean was still wide eye'd as he watched Preacher. When Shiloh walked back over to drop the water off, he squeaked and started his waving spiel again. "That's just Bean." He said simply, "He's a uh... I dunno what he is actually. I made him on accident." Said sprout was crawling out along Shiloh's outstretched arm, the same one that was offering the glass of water. "He likes new people."

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:51 am
Preacher took the glass and did not take the Bean. "D'ya just norm'ly make creature on accident? N' better shuffle 'im off somewhere safe since we gon' be playin' wit fire." She didn't want to accidentally torch Bean. Reluctantly, she waved at the sprout.

"Where d'you wanna do this?"

melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:27 am
    This was fine. Bean seemed happy with the wave. "Nah. It was a new power I figured out, I think? It hasn't happened since... I mean, I could probably do it on purpose if I wanted." He picked Bean up to set him back on his shoulder, "Hear that Beanie? It'd be bad if you got toasted."

Bean squeaked!

"We could prolly go to the Otherworld. Might be safer and easier to clean up if we wreck s**t. I mean, that's where Jamie and I went to do our stuff..." He looked around, "I could probably find a way in."

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:22 pm
"Yer a noble, so can't ya jus' zip on over? I can't, despite my mink-ish ways." She shrugged and took a drink of the water, ignoring the straw. It almost poked her in the eye.

Bean was cute, but he was no cat and therefore below them on the cute totem pole. "Lead tha way, Kickflip."

melancholies
take us to funky town

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:22 pm
    "I mean, not exactly." He was pretty good at making his way over, being a principal and all, magic usually obeyed him... "But I guess I'm still better than most people. It's just easier if I have a door or something to use as a medium." He pulled Bean into his hands, who didn't seem so mad about being manhandled everywhere. "Lemme go put this guy away first."

---

The Otherworld was about as grey and gloomy as ever, but that was alright. Shiloh enjoyed how weightless he felt across the veil, like his magic was tenfold and swirling around him. He didn't want to preform any sort of crazy fire magic in the neighborhood, but a quick trek down the block led to the local community pool.

"You need any help hopping the gate?" He looked at her hands, "I figure if we're around a shitload of water then we shouldn't have much to worry about." Everything was concrete and brick anyway.

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:05 pm
"Nah, I'm good." Which translated as she'd rather die than ask for help. Wasn't he good with locks or something, though? With a grumble, she shifted into a mink and began to scale the fence. It was honestly easier in mink form - her paws were nice little grippers.

She flopped down. "Ya need any help, then? N' water's good. D'ya bring any kindsa fire?" Preacher had, and her bag would magically pop into existence when she shifted back to human form.

melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:56 pm
    Shiloh watched. He was actually good with locks—very good with locks—but like, this was Shiloh. If he saw a fence his first instinct was to jump it, and so he dead.

"I didn't, no." He blinked very plainly, "I brought a lot of different like, incense stuff that I didn't think Jamie would really miss..." He'd buy him more anyway, "I didn't know if it'd have much of an effect on the actual enchanting, but it'll make the fire smell good at least.

He produced said sticks of incense from his hoodie pockets.

"I got my lighter, but that's about it." He took a seat on the hard concrete with a grunt, and then tugged the bowl from the backpack he had with him. The colors pooled underneath his fingertips. "Hopefully it doesn't torch the bowl. You ready to give this a go?"

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:55 pm
"Ya know what?" she began conversationally, and it wasn't entirely clear if she was speaking to the bowl or to Shiloh. "I kinda ********' hate fire. s**t hurts worse than ya think it does. ******** ya right up." Preacher leaned close to the bowl, taking it from Shiloh.

"So you better ********' catch real goddamn quick or else." She tossed a lighter at the bowl. It, predictably, didn't work.  
The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:06 pm
She cupped her hands over the bowl and thought about how lava burned everything in its path, leaving behind fertilized soil for new crops. She thought about how Ezra's hands had felt around her throat. The fire that had burned through her as her thumbprint was stolen from her and they she'd wanted to purge him from existence. To leave nothing behind of him except a space for something new to grow.

Preacher wasn't touching the bowl, but the wood was heating up.

melancholies
success: 1/4

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:11 pm
    "I mean, I'd kinda hate it too if I got most of my body burned." He watched as Preacher acquainted herself with the bowl, but he hushed up there after to let her concentrate.

He didn't have his hands on the bowl, but he could feel the heat from it. Could he expand on that...? Suddenly there was a crackle pop of an flame that darted out to singe his finger, "********!" He popped his index finger into his mouth angrily. "b***h a** bowl."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:12 pm
    His thumb was still stinging. For some arbitrary reason Shiloh spaced out for a good ten seconds, wondering about life and things and how he was glad Jamie cooked most of the food when his parents weren't around, because ******** fire.

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:13 pm
    But then he was back to focusing again, because he didn't want to give Preacher any excuses to b***h at him. Actually, did he have any good reason to wince about his burn in the first place? Preacher had burns all over her hands and her neck and god knew where else. He could do this.

Suddenly a flame licked to life, but this time it stayed, albeit weakly. It wavered and flickered like it was about to go out at any moment...

The Semblance of Unity

2/4 successes  
ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas