Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:22 pm
"Can I tell you something, and you promise you won't get mad?"

Lily sat at Eve's table, a series of pine cones and a couple of craft store bags between them. She had picked up a squeeze bottle of red glitter glue to apply to the pine cone in her hand, but she'd stopped, staring just a bit too long at the chips in her black fingernail polish, and finally decided to give up the pretense of everything being okay.

"If it's a bad time, we can talk later."

cibarieum

creation mechanics
item creation mechanic
Players must roll 1d10 in each post where they attempt to create their attuned item. The d10 determines the success or failure of their attempt. Four successes are required to create the item; each post must be filled out.

roll results
1-- A success! Your item has taken a little of your desired trait into itself.
2-- A failure. You have blown up one of your less expensive reagents and caused yourself minor damage.
3-- A failure. Your item has proven resistant to one of your reagents; you will need more power or more reagent to make it work.
4-- A success! Your item has taken a little more of your desired trait into itself.
5-- A failure. Your item has cracked, and must be repaired.
6-- A failure. You have blown up one of your most expensive reagents and done yourself moderate damage. The reagent must be replaced.
7-- A success! Your item has taken a little more of your desired trait into itself.
8-- A failure. You pushed too hard, and the item rejected your attempt to imbue it with its traits.
9-- A success! Your item has taken a little more of your desired trait into itself.
10-- A failure. You didn't push hard enough, and have given yourself a headache.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:04 pm
It was rarely a bad time for Eve. Especially with family, which Lily essentially was at this point. They'd been quiet for some minutes after doing an inventory of all their reagants and finalizing the approach, having set out to do the prep work they felt suited them best -- Lily on pinecone decorating duty and Eve on altar arranging duty -- so the sudden question was especially suspicious.

"This isn't you backing down from handling the fire part, is it..." she replied. Leila had told Eve some weeks ago to let Lily handle the fire, which had been written down and rediscovered just a day ago. "No, I won't get mad."

AMItotic

cibarium
Crew

Noob

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:52 pm
"Nah, dude, I got that part, I think," Lily shook her head, putting down the glitter pen. She still wasn't quite sure how she was going to make magic flames, but if it had anything to do with the otherworld it was probably just a matter of trying hard and believing in herself. If only everything on this side worked that way, too.

"I dropped out of school," she said, staring hard at the pinecones. "Or. I mean. I flunked out of school. I passed Professor Mercer's class, but I failed everything else, so I'm done-zo." She uncapped the glitter drew and made a dejected swirl meant to resemble flame on her scratch paper.

"My actual parents don't know yet, it's against...school-HIPAA or whatever," she added lowly.

cibarium

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:29 pm
Oh, school.

Eve had not been expecting the problem to be so... mundane. It was kind of a relief compared to the endless suffering and horror other Ashdown had been bringing to her family and everyone else over the past months. She tried her best not to show it, though.

"It's your life, not your family's," she said. The salt and essential oils and bay leaves and other things she had to work with were left alone for the moment. "You don't have to finish school to live it. Did you want to?"

AMItotic

cibarium
Crew

Noob

AMItotic rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:14 pm
"I mean...yeah," Lily sighed, folding the scratch paper over for the satisfaction of squishing the glitter glue on itself. "But even in this world, you can't just be like, 'Hey Professor, sorry I bombed your test, there was a hole in the world and I had to go check it out so I couldn't study'." She frowned sourly, leaning into one hand.

"And, like, it wasn't all magic stuff either, there was a girl involved..." Her nose crinkled and she shook her head. "Well, she was a fake girl, so scratch that, it's magic all around."

She turned her frustration towards the pine cone, giving it some glitter accents to make it look more 'ablaze'. It seemed to glimmer in the light somewhat, and at this point somewhat was good enough for her.
cibarium
4 - Success!

cibarium rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:42 pm
Eve made a dryly amused noise. "I remember, the one who was probably a fetch? Put that on top of the stack of reasons we're changing the Charter." It was only halfway meant as a joke. "You'll have another chance at school, though, I'm sure."

There was already a nice circle of salt delineating the burning space. Eve took, of all things, Lily's bottle of sriracha to it and attempted to squeeze out a triangle within.

Instead a wad of dried sauce stuck in the top caused it to burst off the bottle, which spilled sauce all over her hand and tumbled to their feet.  

cibarium
Crew

Noob

cibarium rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:45 pm
"Must have gotten too excited," Eve shrugged after the cleanup. She'd gathered up what sauce she could into a tiny bowl, and tried again with a small watercolor paintbrush. It blobbed sluggily across the space in such an unappealing way that she had to start over once more.  
cibarium rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:48 pm
Eve wasn't going to give up on her hot sauce triangle, because Lily had brought it and it was a good idea.

This time an essential oil bottle got nudged off the edge of the table and shattered on the floor. Some of the glass stuck in her foot, which Lily probably had to point out and help with first aid-wise. It may have been a little awkward.  

cibarium
Crew

Noob

cibarium rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:52 pm
By this time a more astute witch might've ascertained the hot sauce triangle idea was bad and had been bad from the very beginning. Not Eve, though. After getting a new paintbrush made with a redder wood, she tried once more. Finally, her calligraphy skills paid off.

"There. Alchemical symbol for fire," she explained. "Made with mostly fire-aligned ingredients. I'm not sure about the fish oil."

Totally worth it.

AMItotic
4 -- success!

AMItotic rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:05 pm
"Yeah, well she was at the conference, and she's not a warg and she's not pack, so she's probably probably a fetch, so that ******** sucks," Lily muttered darkly, trying to smear more red glitter on the glimmery parts of her chosen pine cone. When it didn't seem to do anything else, she groaned, tilting her head back to give herself a moment to breathe. Getting angry wasn't going to get her anywhere, even if fire was the element of passion.

She glanced back to Eve, and then uncertainly down at her foot. "Do you want me to get you, like...a bandaid or something?"

cibarium
8-- A failure. You pushed too hard, and the item rejected your attempt to imbue it with its traits.

2/4 successes

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

AMItotic rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:15 pm
It took Lily a few minutes to wrangle a bandage for Eve, but she returned to the table a little calmer for her efforts, her thoughts more focused. She held the pine cone in her hands and thought of bonfires and camping and roasting marshmallows and the warmth they could bring on a cold night in Denver. The pine cone flickered, perhaps as a trick of the light, but Lily could distinctly smell the aroma of woodsy smoke (and perhaps a burning marshmallow or two).

"Uhhhh," she blinked, taking a sniff of the pine cone. It definitely smelled like burning, but the pleasant kind. "I think I did something?"

cibarium
7-- A success! Your item has taken a little more of your desired trait into itself.

3/4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:32 pm
Having the injury pointed out to her was a little embarrassing, but it was far better than letting it sit there. Eve quickly prompted Clover to find the first aid kit, and Lily would see the former-fox more apologetic than she ever had while being helped.

The little spark in the cone brought an excited grin back to her face, though, and she hurriedly resumed setting up the burning space. Between the sriracha overexposure and the essential oils she had picked out though, she'd become a bit overwhelmed and lost track of where she'd been putting things down...  

cibarium
Crew

Noob

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:35 pm
...She lost two more bottles and needed two more bandages. It was a bad time.  
cibarium rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:37 pm
"Lily, you might want to put that out..."

The ensuing scramble caused the cone to crack on the table. There were some glitter casualties.  

cibarium
Crew

Noob

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out