[PRP] Time to Rock & Roll (Chester/Preacher/Silk) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:32 pm
"A'right, so.... this chick we goin' ta see... she is the biggest stick in tha mud fer manners. We gotta be nice, we gotta act like she's ya boss n' ya'd love ta get HR involved but ya can't so ya play nice and ya chill." That was rather convoluted, but the spirit was there. Sort of. Preacher looked earnestly up at Chester.

She'd entrusted him to carry the hag stone because ******** her hands. "Why're you so damn tall. Anyhow, we go in, ask ta talk to her, if she's free n' s**t, we give her thing, we scoot. Cool?"

smerdle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:17 am
He nodded, adding to his mental Silk dossier as he felt for the stone for the thousandth time. It had never left its sandwich baggie, and that sandwich baggie had not left his hands, but he was still wildly paranoid that he would lose it somehow before they got there.

"Act like this is a job interview. Check." He squeezed the baggie again. "You know, I used to be much shorter and wider. I prefer this." Even if he had remained hopelessly uncoordinated. "I'm cool if you are."

The Semblance of Unity

Smerdle

Scamp

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:39 pm
Preacher took a deep breath and stepped inside the court. She'd been warned that court would make her fancy s**t and she'd stopped by once before. It had put her in a dress and she had immediately left. This time, her crop top and ratty capris changed into some kind of fancy dress shirt (she could feel her sports bra change, too, what the ********) that showed off way too much cleavage. And a skort. A ******** Skort.

"Are you ********' kiddin' me?" Regardless of how the movement would hurt her hands - and it certainly did - she pulled out her pocketknife and methodically ripped and cut away the fancy skirt part, stuffing the glittering fabric in her messenger bag. It left her with a pair of serviceable, black shorts. Much better.

"So we really need ta find a fetch n' get 'em ta ask if Silk is free ta talk. D'you see anyone?"

smerdle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:08 pm
Chester had only been here once before, and he had thought the quick change had been caused by the ball, not the court itself. He was not prepared. His khakis and t-shirt morphed into a deep green pair of pants and a matching vest, both patterned with glittering lighter green stripes. The white shirt underneath was billowing and drapey and entirely too Fabio for his taste, especially when he noticed just how much of his chest was showing.

Preacher's too. Not that he'd noticed.

Chester turned away very deliberately, tugging and tucking until he was appropriately covered. He didn't see a soul there with them, but since he had decided to treat this as an interview, he did what he would have had he walked into an office building for an appointment and found no one there to greet him.

"Excuse me?" he said, his voice more authoritative than he felt. "Is Silk available for a moment?"

The Semblance of Unity
shibrogane
a fetch perhaps <3
or maybe untimely death

Smerdle

Scamp

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:15 am
There was nothing for a long moment. Then there was Silk, whose face was stony as the great wall. "I'm sorry, I wasn't aware I was a pet to be called for at will." She looked to Preacher and her impeccably plucked eyebrows lifted. They said and I've already explained to you how to behave.

"Is there a reason you couldn't call ahead? I was busy."

The Semblance of Unity
Smerdle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:38 am
"Hullo, Silk." Her eyebrows resisted the urge to match Silk's. "Well, I ain't got ya number. D'you have phones here? This here was us-" Preacher gestured between her and Chester. "-tryna swing by to see if ya was free. Since y'ain't, ya want us ta come back 'nother time?" She wished she had enough time to snap a picture of Chester. CHESTer. Haha, get it? Her eyes slid over to him. Lame, he was trying to cover his chest up.

As for Silk, Preacher hadn't been about to send something by post, or by proxy of another visitor. She wondered, briefly, if that weird dude she'd sent the letter with had gotten the full cattiness of Silk, too. Plus, she'd figured she was allowed to wander in the public bits, track down someone here to relay the message, then got on with things. There was a deadline.

"Dint know ya could hear ya name from far 'way." Then she shoved her hands in her pockets - or tried to, before remembering that her skort shorts didn't have pockets. It was for the best as the motion would have hurt her bandaged hands.

smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:27 pm
"I'm terribly sorry," Chester said, feeling more and more like a clown the longer he stood there. "I didn't know how to go about this. We won't take much of your time." He held out the baggie, then thinking better of it, removed the hag stone and held that out instead. The tingle of magic hadn't faded, and while it was solid to touch, his fingers were visible through it. He hoped they'd made something substantial, that it wasn't just some fancy toy.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:57 pm
"You're standing in a magical realm where anything is possible," said Silk coolly. "You couldn't conceive of a letter which finds its own way to its destination?"

She shook her head. "I've already interrupted my work. Give me what you came here to give me." She held out a hand, and took the watery hagstone from Chester's hand. "An item attuned to elemental water, I assume," she said, sounding impressed.

The Semblance of Unity
Smerdle

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:22 pm
"Nawp, couldn't think o' it. M'sorry, Silk - can do next time, though." It was much easier right now to remind herself to just be chill, instead of being horribly offended and angry. Mainly because she knew Silk could be just as much a b***h back as Preacher could and Preacher was so tired all the time lately. She watched as Silk took the hag stone.

"Yeah, for water. We, uh, found a hag stone over on this side - a natural one, since I figgered it'd work better than somethin' man made. Since hag stones're in a lotta mythos n' s**t." This felt like somehow being in school again. Preacher glanced at Chester. Go on, make it sound smarter.

smerdllle

shibrogannne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:11 pm
Chester, unaware of Silk's capacity for snark and bite, despite Preacher's warnings, was rather surprised at his housemate's civility. She was apologizing and explaining and even looking to him to contribute. So, he did.

"We imbued it with river and rainwater from this side as well, along with water from several sources in the mundane world. And, of course, we expressed our intent to sustain the destroyers of the old Charter and the creators of the new." At least he had. He was no mind reader, and Preacher might have been thinking about tacos while she was casting, for all he knew.

sh!brogane

Smerdle

Scamp

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:57 pm
"That should do," said Silk. She held the stone up to the light for a long moment, and then nodded. "Thank you, both of you. Now, I am quite busy, so if you have no further concerns?"

The Semblance of Unity
Smerdle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:33 am
Preacher narrowed her eyes. While she wasn't complaining that Silk was... being nice, it was weird. She saw what she thought was a flicker of surprise across Chester's face and made a note to kick him in the shin.

"Nah, jus' one thing - how many thing've ya got so far?" ********, it was so weird to be working on this when the bigger problem was the residuals of the old sigil imposing on this world. It also seemed weird to gather everything up together, especially when Ezra was a big ******** jerk.

"Oh n', uh, d'other nobles got access ta where ya keepin' this stuffs?" Damn, tacos suddenly sounded good. Preacher shot a sidelong glance up at Chester - maybe he could be convinced.

shibrogane
smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:28 am
There was a 'you're welcome' in his throat, and Chester was ready to bow or shake Silk's hand or whatever felt less inappropriate in the moment he'd be doing it, but then Preacher had another question. Two questions, really, though only one of them was suspicious.

Could the nobles get to where the attuned items were?

He thought of the purge, of one very small group making violent decisions for everyone else, and he kept his mouth firmly shut.

He'd ask Preacher about it later. After the tacos.

shibrogane
nothin to say

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:19 pm
"Not many," said Silk. "And no. The only other soul who can access these items once they're given into my care is Odal. We shan't surrender them."

The Semblance of Unity
Smerdle

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:13 pm
"I guess I betta get crack-a-lackin', then." She sighed. " I guess thas good. Someone's tryna ******** s**t up, so stay on ya toes, Silk. Thanks, though." She gave Silk a sort of clumsy salute and headed out.

Once in the hallway, she leaned heavily on Chester's arm. "Hey, lemme take a pic."

smerdle

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces