azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:05 pm
The halls of Ashdown Hospital were buzzing. Despite the horrible accident, there was no death. There should have been death. That was what was whispered as people moved around the hospital, going about their jobs and routines.

It was like the car accident that had happened years ago all over again: Jeremiah Mercer should have died then like he should have died now. The quiet tones and whisper of magic were prevalent in the hospital, though they purposely faded away once one actually got close to where the Chief of Police was laying on a hospital bed in a private room.

There was no IV hook up, though they did have a heart monitor on him, and he looked agitated. The spike in his heart rate was a combination of pain and anger. The anger was not so obvious, his expression deadpan, but the pain was.

Jeremiah Mercer was the embodiment of a living bruise.

iloveyouDI3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:33 pm
Alg had gone through the gamut considering he'd been on the phone when everything happened. He'd gone through fear and worry, then surprise, and upon learning the full truth was now hovering somewhere in the angry to enraged scale.

He was directed easily through the hospital and any whispers and gossip he heard got sharp looks, and possibly even a few very concise words about peoples business.

Alg was a bit red in the face when he got to Jeremiah's room, and seeing him in the bed was struck with a sense of relief as he near-flew to his side and took his hand, leaning to kiss him.

"Jer-" He could be angry again in a moment. For the moment he needed to let it wash over him that his husband was alright. They could visit why and how of all this afterwards.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:31 pm
Jeremiah did not want to be in the hospital. He did, in fact, want to be at home but it was best to at least indulge the hospital staff and stay for a day. Make sure that there were no further injuries.

'We don't know just how much your magic protected you from being killed, Chief Mercer. All the xrays and scans say you are fine but-' Here he was, here he was staying and here he did not want to be.

He looked up at the sound of the door opening, something nameless going through him as he held out a hand for Algie to take. The pain was obvious in his touch, more than the usual issue of his back and shoulders - but then he was bruised all over - and the relief that Algie was there took over everything.

A low simmer of anger and frustration was obvious.

"Alg," he started, "precious." The nickname was breathed into Algie's lips, Jeremiah leaning towards the other and then letting out a sharp breath as things pulled. At the moment he did not know what to say, mostly because he simply wanted to soak up his husband's presence.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:20 am
"Don't move.." Alg put a hand, soothing, to his husband's cheek which then moved to his chest and settled over his heart to make sure he stayed still where he was. The Professor then settled in a chair beside the bed, though he still leaned close as he could.

"This thing with you almost dying is becoming a problem.." He frowned. Usually the other just ended up at home, singed and unhappy but this was something more. "What the hell is going on?"

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:46 am
Jeremiah let out a breath into the kiss, wincing slightly as Algie's hand settled. He had ended up out of most of his layers, only his shirt left and unbuttoned along with his trousers (the bruising was obvious, the bullet had left it's mark even if it had not killed him; ugly coloring that spread from where the impact should have been). The silver-haired man was noticeably cold but then it was a given why considering his defenses had gone into overdrive to keep him from harm.

"Not moving isn't that much of a problem," he sighed, settling back and ignoring his propped up left leg. His fingers curled towards his husband's. "... and honestly? I've no clue. I don't like what's been reported back to me so far. The department is on alert. I've had officers in and out ..." Jeremiah looked towards the closed door. "I told them I didn't need someone on guard duty but I know there's someone out there." A disgusted noise escaped a moment later. "I certainly wasn't trying to win 'worst bad day ever' but this has taken it."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:14 pm
Alg's fingers curled tightly around his husband's.

"A ******** assassin?" He spoke lower now, exasperated, "Was it magical at all?"

And his car. Jeremiah's health and safety were of course paramount.. but his car.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:16 pm
"Not magical at all," sighed Jeremiah, lips twitching then at the sound of exasperation. "I don't suppose the insurance covers assassination attempts?"

His free hand raised to his chest, fingers hovering over his heart. "It was a bullet. Waiting back to hear about the caliber but probably some kind of high-powered rifle." Of the sniper variety.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:13 pm
Alg huffed again at mention of insurance and his face sagged and pressed to their entwined hands as he groaned lightly, "My car..."

He pressed his lips to the back of his husband's hand and lifted his face again looking thoroughly frustrated, "Any idea what this is about?" Especially if it was not magic, "Someone you put away or..?"

Hopefully not Viktor again. He hoped a true murder attempt would be too far for that lowlife.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:00 pm
"Well, we were talking about getting you another car ..." Especially one that was his and not someone else's (or another version of him). His fingers twitched as Algie pressed a kiss to the back of it, curling tight around his husband's hands.

"There was a consideration that it was potentially some kind of magical hate crime or that it was someone that I put away but from what I've been told ..." Jeremiah's expression was grim.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:10 pm
Alg frowned, eyes drifting over his husband's bruised torso. For once he didn't overly warm him, as he was sure the chill was probably easing some of the pain.

"Is it possible," His voice had dropped, "That someone knew this wouldn't kill you?" That they knew his powers and the extent of them, "and it was some sort of warning?"

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:13 pm
Jeremiah had not taken anything for pain yet, would not until he was certain he could sleep. It was putting him at odds with the staff along with him simply being himself.

"Whomever knew that a single shot would not kill me but thought maybe a car crash would finish it." His voice was low. "I don't know if it was a warning, Alg, but ... someone was seen leaving the vicinity of where the shots came from."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:31 pm
"Someone?" Was the would be assassin so obvious to have been seen in a seemingly normal urban area?

"Then they didn't do a very subtle job..."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:00 pm
"That," the lack of being subtle, "is exactly why it is all suspect." Jeremiah's fingers tightened around Algie's.

"Someone matching Shun's description was seen leaving the area where the shooter likely fired from."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:34 pm
Alg's momentary silence was nothing more than him turning it over in his mind. The detective as a hit man wasn't too far a stretch of imagination, but if it came to Jeremiah you'd think he'd have done a better job.

"Shun knows you too well for this.." A doppelganger? A fetch? Possession even?

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:36 pm
"I saw him briefly, before you got here, and it's not a fetch." Jeremiah could tell that much. Never mind would have had words with the Noble that had seen fit to tithe Shun. "He seemed to be acting himself, so I assume something else- someone else trying to incriminate him."

iloveyouDIE

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces