[prp] back to work [Nasir/wil/shun] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:01 am
It seemed that in the few weeks he was gone, quite a bit had happened in Ashdown. Shun had spent a good portion of the day trying to catch up on everything. Apparently the conference on the 21st nearly a month ago had gone... alright. They had s**t to do. It aggravated him greatly that he lost so much time. During his stay with that overgrown tick, he had not gotten any work done on the Ascension murder case, on Pax's situation, or well... with assisting with the whole charter ordeal now.

He planned on fixing that.

The detective poured over the listserve and the paperwork that had amassed due to his absence. And the next thing he knew, it was really late. And he had not eaten.

This realization evolved into that of the fact that he had not eaten real food for awhile now. Other Ashdown food sucked.

His fridge was pretty much empty so he couldn't make himself anythign quickly. There weren't too many places open at this time. He had eaten too much garbage while he was under the influence of the veilworm, so the fast food places were out of the question. But there was Darlene's.

Off he went.

And so he went to Darlene's. At 1:30 AM. They were still opened, but not for much longer. He didn't plan on making them stay. He could eat quickly.

Shun marched on into the diner and went straight for the counter, looking around to see who was all here. He still had a small stack of papers he had with him to peer over in the meantime.

azuredreams

iloveyoudie

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:26 am
Nasir had already closed down the kitchen, Borr and Killian having both left a while ago. There were only the late hour regulars left and even they would be leaving soon, so it wasn't too much for Nasir to make sure things closed up.

He was wiping down the pass bar when he saw Shun come in, blinking widely and openly staring a little bit. Mostly because he was missing. Did that mean the others were back too? Who knew.

"Hey," Nasir finally greeted Shun, towel tossed over his shoulder. "What can I get for you?" Then as an afterthought. "And, um, welcome back?"

There was a brief glance towards the booths where he knew Wil was asleep but then again when wasn't he. Probably covered in both Trouble and Bud.

Blade Kuroda

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:57 am
Wil was certainly asleep.. or mostly asleep. It was hard to be fully asleep when small animals randomly played over your person and they had little nails and it was really warm out lately so sleeves were stupid.. He was most definitely covered in tiny scratches and pet nibbles.

His eyes cracked hearing Nasir speak in the quiet of the bar and Wil decided it was as good a time as any to unfold himself from the booth seat in a sloooooooooooooooooow stretch.

Bud, in a tiny cape today, dismounted to the table top.

azuredreams

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:05 pm
Shun rubbed his face as he seated himself at the counter.

"Anything. I know it is late; it can be something quick and easy for you to make," he grunted out, "I have been eating shitty food for the past... month, basically."

If he was counting the time where he was eating a lot of fast foods.

At the 'welcome back' comment, he just sort of grunted again. It was not going to be easy to explain where he had been.

iloveyoudie
azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:15 pm
"I can put together some wings and a salad for you?" Nasir looked towards the kitchen, then back to Shun (a smile was directed towards Wil as he sat up; Trouble was likewise wearing a small cape though he was tumbling around with it on at the moment).

"What do you want to drink?" A month? At least Nasir was not poking or prodding about where he was. Not yet anyway.

Blade Kuroda

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:28 pm
Wil appeared at the bar, Trouble scooped up and tucked into the loose chest pocket of his tank top while Bud got to stand on his shoulders. As soon as he was beside Shun at the bar he seemed to lean heavily on it, as if it were the highest effort to even stand.

"A month with shitty food? Gross." The last sentence was all he'd really caught.

Wil smiled benignly, "Nice to see you again.. I promise no questionable herbs this time.." He waggled his fingers innocently.

He'd been practicing with Bud when the detective came upon him in other ashdown not so long ago. Unfortunately his stoner memory meant that days and weeks ran together so it could have been a month ago as easy as it could have been a day ago.

azuredreams

blade kuroda

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:18 pm
"That sounds fine with me," Shun nodded before adding, "Water will be fine for the drink."

At least the veilworm didn't make him drink booze. He didn't need any further embarassments.

Glancing over to the side as Wil came up to the bar with his familiar, he lightly scoffed, "Well, good."

He looked to Bud briefly, tilting his head to the ferret that was perched upon Wil's shoulder.

iloveyoudie
azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:36 pm
A bottle of water was pulled out, nice and cold, and set out on the counter for Shun. "I'll be right back with the salad, it'll take a bit longer for the wings."

Wil was given a look and a smile, Trouble was peeking out of the pocket of his tank and up at Shun. His eyes were the same brown that looked at the young detective from behind Nasir's glasses.

Blade Kuroda

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:38 pm
Wil gave Nasir a grin back and a wink before he disappeared into the kitchen. The blonde's head rolled lazily in the detective's direction. With much less tact than his boyfriend he just was out with it, "So where'd you go?"

As easy as you'd ask someone what they did last weekend.

He then blinked through curls that probably needed a trim, "Like.." Wil's voice lowered, "You missed that crazy meeting right?"

As he conspiratorially whispered, the ferret on his shoulders sniffed curiously towards Shun and also sported the same blue eyes as the blonde.
azuredreams

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:57 pm
Shun took the bottle of water and opened it up to take a drink out of.

"...What is with the squirrel?" he asked, staring at the rodent that was peeking out of the shirt. He nodded once to Nasir, then glanced to Wil, pausing for a moment.

"I was... " he started before looking around, dropping his voice a bit to try and keep the lingering patrons from hearing, "Basically stuck in Other Ashdown. Yes... I missed the meeting, but I was not invited to attend it, anyway."

iloveyoudie
azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:13 pm
Nasir came back a moment later, catching the tail end of the comment about the squirrel. "His name's Trouble," he said, setting a salad down in front of Shun. An assortment of fixings was also set down (from bacon to small cups of different dressings).

"He's my familiar," was said in a softer voice, just for Wil and Shun to hear. Nasir tapped a finger against Trouble's head who just hopped up onto the counter and was sniffing towards the salad but maintaining proper distance. Nasir's fingers wiggled in warning at his familiar before he tugged on one of Wil's curls and headed behind the bar to wash his hands and head back to the kitchen.

"Glad you're back," he said, "and you ... missed a lot with the meeting, kind of." Not that he said much more than that because he was heading back to finish cooking wings.

Blade Kuroda

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:02 am
"Me either.." Once Trouble was out of his pocket he slumped further against the bar, head on his arms by the time he'd sunk in enough. "Invited. Maybe I would be now, I don't know." Wil glanced at Bud on his shoulders.

"Nasir was there though. Then we got the letters. Bet it wasn't the welcome home you wanted.." The blonde then yawned a bit and watched Shun's salad.

Bud was very interested in the cup of bacon and some diced egg he'd spotted.

azuredreams

BLADE KURODA

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:57 am
Shun grunted lowly, nodding once to Nasir in thanks as the salad was placed down before him. He added a little bit of a light dressing to it and began to eat while the others spoke. Something relatively healthy finally. Briefly, he eyed both of the familiars as they eyed his food. So Nasir had become a warg now too.

"Yes... I read about it from the listserve, as well as received a letter about what comes next. There is never a shortage of magical s**t to deal with," he muttered under his breath.

azuredreams
iloveyoudie

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:54 pm
Nasir had been a warg for a while (and was responsible for at least three other people becoming wargs at this point; he was the warg teacher apparently) and he caught bits of Trouble chirping towards Bud. Egg bits, tasty bits ~

Entirely the reason why he had wiggled his finger at his familiar.

It was a few more minutes before he came back out with wings, complete with special sauce he thought was suited to Shun's tastes. "I can probably tell you a bit about what happened, if you want to know? I mean you saw that email on the listserv? That breaks it down pretty well but there's some other stuff that went on ..."

The plate of wings was set down. "You want anything to go with these?" Ranch, some kind of dressing? Whatever. Nasir would grab it.

Blade Kuroda

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:58 am
Wil eyed the wings and wondered if maybe he'd be able to steal one in a minute. Maybe if the detective just looked that way..

Bud, who'd been contemplating leaping at Trouble, was equally distracted by cooking.

"So are you like.. doing anything?" Wil looked up at the detective lazily, "From the letter I mean.."

He and Nasir had talked about it, trying to contribute. Wil didn't really like work but he knew that this thing was a little bigger than just his immediate future (and if Nasir wanted it than he did too).

azuredreams

blade kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas