[PRP] Update 2.1 [Jeremiah/Fox] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:13 pm
The morning after her...venture, Fox pulled her phone off of her nightstand, scrolled through her contacts, and selected her contact of choice.

The Bossman.

Azuredreams

To: Cattree

I made contact with the stone yesterday evening. I also communicated with the cage.

I don't think throwing magic at it will work. It has made it's demand.

Vague? A little, but she didn't want to reveal too much over the phone.  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:19 pm
Jeremiah was in the middle of things (but when was he not?) as his phone buzzed, frowning as he read the message and typed out a response.

demon_pachabel
tab text to: (officer) fox bliskiss

that is rather ominous. i can come by shortly
to discuss things if you are still at home.

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:49 pm
Fox hadn't even gotten up yet, a cat laid out on her chest purring, when her phone buzzed back.

azuredreams

To:Cattree

I'll be here. Making breakfast, you want any or are you good? Nothing fancy, Uttapam. I dunno if you like savory breakfast food.

But I'll be here.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:19 pm
demon_pachabel

already had breakfast but i'll never say no
to something to tide over until lunch.
do you need anything? i can pick things
up if you do.

It was the truth. Jeremiah would not mind picking something up for Fox as she was still at home trying to recover. Especially if she had conversed with the stone (???) and the cage (?!?!?!). Regardless, a little while later - once he had freed himself from a couple things at work - Jeremiah was politely knocking on Fox's door.  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:45 pm
Azuredreams

To: Cattree

I usually eat it with the abomination that is a spicy cream cheese and curry mix, so if you prefer something else on it, whatever you want. Otherwise, that's what I have planned.

Fox had made roughly 4 of the round pieces of rice-bread when there was a knock at her door. Bento, as she was wont to do, practically teleported to the door and began to meow, stating her clear need to greet whomever had come to visit. Fox followed shortly after, scooping up the feline and, much to Bento's discontent, closing her in her bedroom.

Sorry Bento, no climbing on everybody today.

Once the (yowling from her prison) cat was tucked away, Fox returned to open the door.

"Chief," she nodded before stepping back to invite him in. "You uh...don't have any bad bones on you do you? It makes the stone nervous."  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:53 pm
demon_pachabella

unless there's some kind of meat
mixed into it, i'll be fine.

"Miss Bliskiss," he greed as he stepped inside. Jeremiah raised an eyebrow then at the mention of bad bones. "I've only one item of bone on me that was a gift from Fa-" The expression that flickered across his face was not a good one but it was carefully tucked back away.

His hand was held up, his right, and there were two rings visible. On his ring finger was a bloodstone signet ring and on his pinky there was a ring made of bone. "I say gift, but more or less it was dropped onto my mostly unconscious body."  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:14 pm
Fox looked at the rings that were shown to her with a slight frown. "I have to guess this ring is what it was scared of, then.." she said, looking more than a little nervous that Jeremiah was just walking around with a human bone on his finger. "Do you often keep bones that were thrown at you after being uh..." she trailed of, "whatever happened there, none of my business I guess."

She didn't keep looking now that the 'bad bone' had been identified. "You're just made of all sorts of things the cage and the stone don't like, huh?" she said as she closed the door behind him, locking it before making her way back to the kitchen (though really, the apartment didn't really block off any room except the bedroom, so even from the living room she could be seen).

"This is kinda assemble-yourself so if you want one, feel free to put whatever on it. I cooked some sausage for mine but you don't have to have any."

Bento continued to howl from the other room as Fox took a seat with her plate, wrapping up the Uttapam like a horrible burrito. Clearly her ethnic food wasn't as sacred as some other people would have made it.

"Well, the piece of the cage is afraid of your ring....and the cage would like to hold you if I were to bring you to it. At least until Ascension Shore comes."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:10 pm
"Well, if it's just the bone ..." Jeremiah easily slid it off, though the ring seemed to shrink down in size when he did so, and tossed it up into the air. The air shimmered a moment before the ring disappeared. "It's easy enough to tuck away."

The silver-haired man snorted, shaking his head. "The only reason I keep it is more or less that it is a reminder, though it does enable me to ... hear things if I use it." An eyebrow was raised at being made up of things the cage and stone did not like. He followed and assembled his own (stupidly neat and orderly and proper; the sausage was avoided entirely).

"Wait- what?" That caught him entirely off guard. "Why would it want to hold me? I also assume you mean Liam's cage and not necessarily the cage?" There was a difference. He'd get back to the Ascencion Shore bit in a moment, alright.

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:22 am
She wasn't going to judge him for doing things all properly. Fox had just eaten this same breakfast so many times in her life that she just had a system. Her brother did it even worse (he put SYRUP on top of it all...WHY) than she did at least.

"I'd say I don't think items that make you hear things are safe to keep, but I talked to a stone of crystallized magic yesterday, so there is that." Fox shrugged, then took a bite of her weird Indian-Breakfast-Burrito she'd assembled.

"Yeah, I mean Liam Noor's cage," she clarified after swallowing, setting the plate back down. "I realized after I made contact with the piece in my room that it had no idea who Liam Noor was when I asked about it....and also that if I could make contact with it, I could probably do the same with Liam Noor's prison." she'd call it a prison instead of a cage to be clearer for now.

"The Prison stated that Liam was a 'False Father' and that it would hold him until Ascension Shore came to give judgement on him. It also requested the 'Fake Friends and Liars'. It only specified that you - and anybody else who has usurped this timeline - were liars sent to deceive when I asked if that was specifically who it meant."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:30 pm
"I only hear things if I focus. Though, in all honesty, hearing those things - knowing those things - may make me less safe." Jeremiah wore that becoming familiar wry look. "At least I can say my body is safe from damage but my mind is a different story."

He nodded at her clarification, a notebook appearing that dropped next to him with a gentle thud. A pen appeared a moment later, Jeremiah flipping it open with an easy flip. "So the cage is ... magic then?" Lips pressed together into a thin frown. "Liam Noor is definitely from the world that's gone but then ... Renard is as well? It didn't react to him, did it?"

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:41 am
A small frown creased her face. "Well, Renard is the one who pulled the piece of it off that's sitting in my room. He made full hand-on contact with it. So I'm not certain if there's a time consideration to make, but it definitely didn't grab him as far as I could tell."

But with that in mind, did that mean only Fox or another magic user who was from the native timeline could make contact with the prison?

"Also, it told me where everybody you displaced when you came here went." she said after a moment of hesitation. She waited, looking at Jeremiah as though wondering how he'd take the information. With what she knew of the Chief, however, he was at least someone sturdy, emotionally. Especially in their line of work. "It said there was no 'elsewhere' for them to go. They're all dead."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:07 pm
Jeremiah took it well, though some of the color left his face. "I, admittedly, had already entertained that idea. To hear it confirmed, however ..." He shook his head. "I am not the Jeremiah Mercer of this world. I am not even inhabiting his body. He was born in sixty-five where as I was born in seventy-one. Never mind that I am lacking in scars that he had and I do not." There was a twitch of lips. "Also a bad leg that acts up during the winter months and requires a cane sometimes."

He was quiet again, thinking, before he spoke. "It certainly says something about Renard. As I would assume he, too, is from the my world." Was he? Did they know that for fact? Still the mention of it had him thinking and he was flipping through the pages of his notebook looking for a note.

"What else did it say?" he asked while looking for an entry.

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:55 am
That ended about where she'd expected it to - that he took it well, but not coldly-well. "So you're actually six years younger in person than on paper." That was a little odd, but she should have expected little changes like that - the age, the leg, the scars. "Man, I feel like that would have been extra strange to me if I'd met him before all this." But unless he'd come into her family's restaurant, she wouldn't have.

Probably for the safer.

"I'm not sure if I'd ask about that," or if she'd go back to ask about that. She'd probably hear more about 'False Father False Friends' and the like. Still, she racked her brain for more information:

"It told me that Sonny is a dream," who's dream? Ascension Shore's dream? "and that the prison, by holding the Liars, would prevent hurt...prevent a crack from getting larger? And by doing so it would save Ascension Shore." It distinguished the two. Was Sonny like a Dream of the Fayth?

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:41 pm
"My closest friend, aside from having True Sight, was able to discern that I was not the same because I was missing lunches with him and I don't have a scar on my hand. There's other differences, like only being married for year as opposed to over ten, but that was what gave me away." Jeremiah was amused by it now, though it had been heart-pounding at the time. What if- No, the what ifs were pushed away and ignored.

"We don't know a lot about Sonny," he admitted, "and they're not exactly- I can't say that they can be trusted but I'm not entirely sure how they came into this world." His fingers tapped against the page of his notebook before he realized he had found what he was looking for. "Ah, here. When the prison was found, it tried to envelope Sonny."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:47 pm
"Those seem like such little changes...outside of the marriage thing. People definitely change as marriage goes on..." she could see it still in her parents, married nearly 30 years. There were little things, really, but she noticed them. Devansh and Raven noticed them too. It wasn't just with their interactions with each other, but mannerisms apart too. It definitely would have given it away.

At the revelation of how the prison felt about Sonny, however, Fox frowned, leaning forward as though the page would somehow reveal to her something she hadn't known previously. "But I thought Sonny replaced Sunny," she said with a frown, "I mean, it doesn't seem like the opposite would have happened unless it happened before anybody who would have noticed was here to notice."

Or.....

"Do you know if Sonny...or Sunny..whichever...ever had green eyes? I swear they're not, but the prison definitely showed me a child with green eyes."

Azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces