iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:36 pm
It had been an amazing turn of events to recieve a letter that didn't taste like burning. In fact it didn't taste like anything.

It was merely a letter. Blissfully PLAIN and BORING. Somehow it made getting mail from the other side exciting again.

Alg wondered idly if there had been a change in customer relations at the other ashdown mail desk.

The torrential rain was good enough reason for Jeremiah and himself to stay in and now with the letter, with the checklist, they were brainstorming and planning as best they could.

Notebooks open, laptop ready, letter spread out, and lists scribbled down.. it was time to work.

azuredreams
i did this thing

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:51 pm
To receive a letter from other ashdown - from the Court - that did not send him running was something indeed. Jeremiah had most of his own notebooks tucked away in the little bit of space he had discovered only he could access but several of them were scattered across their living room (with both cats on top of at least four of them because somehow they managed to stretch themselves out that way).

Tea was being carried in, Jeremiah clearing away a small section of the table to set it down and glancing towards the check list one more time before he finally spoke. "Most of this looks fairly straight-forward with what I know of the magic."

A cup was poured and prepared for Algie, held out for his husband to take.

"... and I admit that I'm probably most interested in ensuring proper consent is given."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:09 pm
Alg accepted his tea with a grateful smile and took a sip before be made a space for his cup around his person.

"Well.." His pen bobbled in his fingers with the skill of an expert fiddler, "it's important. I think we both agree on that. Besides, I think between the two of us we can find a way to do it that's thorough."

Everyone had seemed adamant that this new charter be agreed upon by all, willingly, and that no part of it be forced. A solid method of commitment could only benefit the forging of the contract.

"I wonder though.." He sighed... but didn't finish. Instead his pen tapped his lip idly.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:16 pm
Jeremiah just nodded in agreement, finding his own spot to sit and nudging Algie's side lightly with a finger. "You wonder what?"

I can't read your mind yet, he teased before glancing down at what they had already worked out so far.

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:49 am
"Nothing really.." Alg rubbed his eyes and leaned back in his seat a bit.

"Just the thought that perhaps, they did this as well." He glanced at his husband, "Those who made the 'dreaded charter'. Those who blooded it with their consent.."

That they would again be following in the steps of themselves from before, and that perhaps they also thought they were doing the right thing - even with the consequences attached.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:53 am
"Well ..." Jeremiah looked at their notes and then back to Algie. "First I would say it is best to not think that. Even if they did, we need to forge our own path." No what ifs, no thinking about what came before.

"The other thing to do is either talk to Noeh, as she is an expert in magical contract law and could give us insight into why they used the method they did or speak with Pride. He would be able to give us infornatio as well, though more about the original Sigil than the Charter."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:15 pm
"I believe it's more a matter of who we trust more," Now that Noeh was more questionable than anything, "We are trying to unmake the work that we believe Noeh was involved in.."

It didn't do to dwell but he did think it was unlikely all of those people had agreed knowingly to Melany's pain and suffering. To her destruction and replacement with The Court. They could only try and do better.

"I don't think they would give us incorrect information.." Usually there was more vagueries than lying, "I just worry about cooperation in this particular endeavor."

Alg glanced at his husband, "What are you thinking?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:35 pm
"That isn't an issue with her, I believe." Jeremiah had talked with her, still put some faith in that Noeh was someone worth trusting. Even if she only considered Minerva Mercer to be a memory long gone. "Considering I've talked at length with her about it. If anything, I want to ensure that there's provisions in there for her, Pride, and Pax."

He was quiet before he let out a breath.

"Part of the issue is that ... we're not in a world that is anything like ours was, Alg. I do not worry about cooperation in this particular endeavor, I worry that we are potentially changing something in a world that has no ties to the cage or the Court."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:16 pm
"But we have ties to the cage and court.." Alg sighed, "We brought it with us.. and will have to deal with it regardless." He didn't know what repurcussions such a thing had but it may leave a gap in knowledge of those things.

His tea was picked up again and sipped, "How is Pride's state? For questioning I mean.."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:50 pm
"Essentially, though if the Charter and Court did not exist in this world, I wonder how Lara became a warg ..." A breath escaped before he took a drink of his own tea.

"Good? Pride's magic is unstable due to the changes but he answered what he could. Though if we go see Pride, I would recommend perhaps bringing them some clothing they might like. Since they're not exactly a deer anymore."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:21 pm
"There had to have been a charter at some point.." Alg nodded, "To separate things.." To distinguish the classes.

The comments on Pride just made Algie smirk, "Now you're preying on me and my secret love of buying people clothes..."

Or just a secret shopping compulsion. Either way..

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:44 pm
"Or something that gave structure to other ashdown," said Jeremiah in agreement. A chuckle escaped before he nudged his husband lightly again.

"I've no idea what your talking about, precious. I am merely stating that it might be something that would be beneficial." Grease the wheels? No, he was absolutely aware that Algie did like buying things. "They're still in that jacket I left with them, last I heard."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:42 pm
"Well even if we decide to speak to Noeh," Alg said gently, "We maybe should still take them some clothes. We can go off of the ball for an idea of tastes.." Now you got him started.

Still, they hadn't decided who to speak with. Noeh was a bit personal but also more directly related to the Charter. Pride was simply knowledgable.

As he sipped his tea he glanced for notebooks and out of that same strange space they'd discovered came a bear arm, reached across the room and it delicately tugged a book out from under one of the cats, brought it to the table, and disappeared.

"Perhaps Noeh is more directly tied to these things.." He flipped through the book. "It may be a better start but I'm fine with whichever you feel would be more helpful."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:51 pm
"That military jacket was rather stylishly cut." The one they had been wearing at the ball. Jeremiah was silent, blinking as the bear arm made its appearance and shaking his head a little bit.

"Of the original people involved, they are all that is left. I've learned quite a bit from Noeh but I feel as if reaching out to Pride again would be beneficial not only for the Charter but for the eventual unraveling of the Sigil." Jeremiah still believed it was necessary. "One focus at a time, however."

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:33 pm
"We'll go tomorrow then. No point dragging this out.." They did have a window and there was a lot to do.

Alg glanced up over his glasses, "Alright with you?"

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas