Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:04 pm
demon_pachabel
tab text to: mighty cass

so how about meeting me to buy ingredients for making gyros?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:20 pm
Cass had been stretching out across her bed, trying to not wake up her company when her phone made an eerie HOWLING noise from some sort of monster movie. She quickly scrambled to grab and silence it, opening it up.

A text from spirit-dad. She looked at the man in her bed, frowned slightly as she pondered if she'd just let him stay there.....yeah, Marcus was good to take care of her s**t, she guessed. Wouldn't steal Ted.

azuredreams

To: Solarius

Sure! When? Where at?

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:14 am
demon_pachabel

there's an open market today. fresh from local farms. meet me there in about thirty?

Jeremiah was actually at home for a change, going through what he had in his kitchen and having realized he was out of a number of things he usually had. While there was the allure of having groceries delivered to the door (and he did sometimes), when it came to other things he preferred to pick them up himself.

He was in the process making a shopping list, as well as planning tonight's dinner, but figured that it was probably time to see about those gyros (which was why he had texted Cass). Never mind that Algie would probably enjoy them as well.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:59 am
Azuredreams

To: Solarius

I'll be there if I don't get lost!

Cass got lost.

Certainly a few months in the town had made certain things easier to find, but after waking up Marcus to ask him where this open market usually was (and no, you don't need to come with, yes, okay kisses, okay I'll see you after work. Okay, date night. Not-date night. They sure had a lot of dates and kisses for not being a couple....) and hitting a general ballpark......nope.

And Marcus had been at work, so she couldn't -double- text him to ask if he could tell her again. Ultimately, she showed up 10 minutes late, looking like she was ready to destroy herself from shame. "Late. LATE, I'm so sorry," she dragged a hand down her face with a frown and a groan. Zombie-Cass.

At least she looked cute with her (rushed) ponytail and her unicorn shirt. She..sure had a lot of those.  

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:45 pm
demon_pachabel

see you soon then.

It was not as if it took Jeremiah very long to get anywhere. Even when he was using his car and not his particular talents. He was in the process of looking through fresh fruit when he heard Cass and turned to wave at her. A chuckle escaped.

"It's fine. I probably should have asked if you knew which market I was talking about." Even if she had been here a few months, Ashdown had a wealth of market days that occurred. An eyebrow raised. "I'm not cutting short prime shut-eye time, am I?"  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:00 am
Cass let out a groan that turned into a crackle - Grudge Noise, really. After dragging it out for about 12 seconds, she shrugged. "I'm already awake and here. I usually don't function before 10 or 11, though..." mostly because she insisted on staying in bed that long. Her bed was warm and the apartment was cold.

"But hey, I'm here now and it'll be an adventure."

Putting her hands on her hips, Cass surveyed the plethora of booths. "Where...do we start?"

Azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:16 am
Cass was given a look for that noise, if only because of not yet mentioned previous adventure where they ran into a thing that could make that noise on the fly.

"Ah, youth," Jeremiah teased, "and the days of being able to sleep in." His lips twitched a little, unable to keep the straight face. "Admittedly, if it's the weekend and I am not working, I don't want to leave the bed unless I've no choice." Sleeping in was a luxury he had learned to appreciate.

A gesture was made towards what looked like a booth with fresh tomatoes and other vegetables. "Start there and work our way around. There's a butcher shop at the other end, where I'll pick up the meat." Something he rarely did (and usually sent Algie to do).

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:27 am
She was tempted to make the noise again solely because of the look Jeremiah had given her. Hey, she hadn't been kept up at night at all by the thing (though she had gone to visit her birdie-buddy at some point after that).

"Sleep in and stay up late..." Doing what? Jeremiah didn't want to know as far as she cared. "But seriously, bed is great. A hot bath is a close second." Cass wasn't allowed to sleep in the tub, though. She'd nearly drowned herself once from doing that (and after that she hadn't partied with people 5+ years older than herself....17 year old Cass had regrets.)

Cass nodded towards the booth. "Sounds good. What does your recipe call for? I can definitely fill in as needed...kinda..." she frowned. "I mean, I know what mom would buy, but I never got her recipe." God, as awful as it had all been near the end, Cassandra in that moment felt a little alone. She missed her parents. Her awful, horrible parents. Horrible as people, not horrible at being parents, though.

Well, maybe they had been.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:08 pm
"No arguments from me about those things but, as they say, no rest for the wicked even if I am not necessarily wicked." Jeremiah did not think of himself so though sometimes he did wonder about the others that had come before him (yet that was better to not think about as well).

"Well to determine that, because flavor matters, are you going to watch pork or chicken?" An eyebrow was raised in question, Jeremiah leaning towards her and nudging her lightly with a shoulder (an attempt to help with that expression she had). Give her a focus.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:14 pm
She nudged him back with her shoulder and a playful scowl.

"Well, we owned an oven rotisserie for pork. I mean, I won't judge you if you don't want to go that far," knowing her luck, he already owned one just because. "But if you don't want to go that far, chicken is fine. the pork just isn't the same without that darn rotisserie."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:05 pm
"There is very little I don't own. I haven't had pork in a while, so let's go with that." Jeremiah gave her a small smile. In a while was actually more than a few months because he had not been able to stomach the idea of eating it.

"Anything you don't like? Hmm, I may need to pick up some yogurt ..."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:11 pm
"Pork it is." she nodded as she sorted through vegetables, picking out a few cucumbers. "Gonna need some dill and garlic too. Do you have vinegar at home?" she looked to Jeremiah thoughtfully.

His question made her tilt her head as she pondered it. Clearly a difficult thought.

"Liver...followed shortly by mold. Everything else is fine."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:26 pm
"I can't stand liver myself," Jeremiah really couldn't, "so I don't think you'll have to worry about that unless I'm cooking some for Alg."

He paused a moment, looking over some greens, the sweet leafy kind that were best for gyros. "I can get some fresh dill at home, we'll need to pick up garlic, and it's better to ask what kind of vinegar I don't have." Another twitch of lips. "I cook to relax sometimes, so my kitchen is fairly well stocked. I just wanted fresher ingredients for the gyros."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:27 am
"I don't know anybody who does. I mean, my dad liked it but..." Cass crinkled her nose. She'd eaten liver. She didn't just dislike it by reputation alone.

She laughed a bit at his comment about the vinegar. "I see! Well, I guess my next question would be how much sourdough do you go through if you have that much vinegar?" because sourdough and balsamic vinegar was pretty good....but Jeremiah could also learn that she'd drink it straight by itself too. Mentally, Cass went through the list she was used to with her mother.

"Do you have rigani?" she asked. Normally it was a bit more of a specialty thing to find and she didn't expect it to be a local purchase. "Fresh Oregano is a reasonable substitute if not."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:00 am
"Not that much at the moment. I tend to prefer it during the colder months of the year. Nothing like a fresh loaf of sourdough and some balsamic." Jeremiah was definitely a bit of a seasonal eater but he was also something of a food snob if left to his own devices and preferences.

It was why he was picky about eating out but then he only did so because Algie liked to. Though that was something that had changed, something that was no longer quite the same.

"Hm ... I think I have some left. I haven't ordered any in a while but worse comes to worse, I know a particularly small feline who is quite able of growing herbs if asked politely." His eyes glinted. "Hellbine is a particularly magical cat." Some leafy greens picked out, Jeremiah was moving towards some tomatoes.

demon_pachabel

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces