Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] A Brief History of Ultimate Hangouts (Shiloh/Kaleb) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:18 pm
Hotdog Saturday

Despite the many months Kaleb had lived in Ashdown, he realized he was still mostly a stranger to it when Shiloh texted him to meet up. He had to renegotiate a meeting place three times in increasingly anxious attempts before they settled on a location he recognized, which ended up being in front of the library. By the time he arrived he was so jittery with self doubt that he could barely stand still.

Shiloh. Kaleb's life (and lunch) is now in your hands.

Melancholies
@o@

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:55 pm
Hotdog Saturday

Lunch was definitely taken care of. Shiloh was prepared when it came to treating the people he cared about, and as a friend, Kaleb just so happened to meet that list. Now, it was customary for a Beaumont to go all or nothing, and Shiloh himself was known for his abundant overkill.

This is how he ended up running towards the library, eyes wide and hair poofed everywhere, with an unnecessary amount of hot dogs in his arms. How many could he eat? Three, four if he forced it. The average person? Probably two, depending on the dog. Someone like Kaleb? That was an undefined variable. In Shiloh's observant opinion, Kaleb either ate like a bird or was a secret blackhole. Today, they'd find out. Because Shiloh had ten hot dogs.

"They were on sale!" He said as he zoomed over. "Are you ready? We're gonna have a great day. There's a park a few blocks down where I bought all of these, and if you go the other way there's some creepy a** abandoned train tracks just off the road you can walk."

Grey Dragon
im so sorry

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:29 pm
Hotdog Saturday

It was hard to miss Shiloh's arrival, even at a distance. At first Kaleb worried Shiloh might have been running from something, but the people he ran past just seemed to be avoiding him and going about their business unconcerned. Not also turning and running from some sort of magical monster terrorizing the town or anything. Apparently it was just another manifestation of Shiloh's boundless enthusiasm.

"What are these- Why do we need so many hotdogs?" Kaleb squeaked, rushing to take a couple of the little stacked hotdog baskets before Shiloh dropped anything. "Were you planning a whole party?"

Even taking hotdogs off the top of Shiloh's armful was like playing a game of jenga, and Kaleb had to stop when he had successfully looted four from his overburdened friend.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:48 pm
Hotdog Saturday

"I love hot dogs." Shiloh said very matter of factly, "Jamie and I never get them! I don't know why! They're so easy to make, even I can make them." The implication therein was Shiloh Beaumont was not a good cook. "Also there was a sale. Also—" He took a deep breath, "—Sometimes, Kaleb, you just gotta do wild s**t like this. The look on the guys face when I ordered all of these? Priceless. He's gonna go home and tell his family or his friends that some crazy ******** ran in, damn near stole ten hot dogs, and then left like it was no big deal."

He was nodding.

"Making impressions, that's how you gotta leave your mark on the world, even if it's super insignificant and you're just a nameless idiot in a memory." He was smiling though, and surprisingly philosophical for some reason.

"Also 'cause it was funny. See, the look on your face is priceless too. 'Why did Shiloh buy ten hot dogs?', right?" Now he was laughing.

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:27 pm
Hotdog Saturday

That was surprisingly philosophical indeed.

"I don't know, I'm a lot better at just hiding in the background." Kaleb's smile was sheepish. He shuffled the hotdogs so he could carry them more easily. "Wild things have never been my strong point... I'm more like, you know, the sort of person who keeps the crazy guy from dropping all his hotdogs."

"When I was little, I wanted to be a surgeon," he said in a smaller voice. When it came to leaving an impression on the world, Kaleb had always wanted to do good things. After spending his whole life exposed to the idea that you had to excel at something to leave a mark, it was refreshing to think maybe it could happen just by leaving someone with a silly story to remember.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:58 pm
Hotdog Saturday

"Oohh, a surgeon huh?" Eyes lit up, Shiloh was leaning into the conversation with a genuine intensity, "That's pretty ambitious. I wanted to be an artist 'cause I like to draw. I guess I still do, actually." He laughed. "You don't gotta be wild or stand out to be memorable though. Who'd be there to hold my hot dogs?" He stuck his tongue out playfully, "Besides, you're my friend, so you technically made an impact already."

He was still smiling, "C'mon, let's find a place to sit down, or I'm really going to drop all of these."

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:53 pm
Hotdog Saturday

Kaleb might have been up for an explanation of why the whole surgeon thing could never pan out, but there was still a great deal of relief that it hadn't been necessary. Yet.

"Like a professional artist, selling paintings and stuff like that?" Kaleb asked, fairly intrigued by the whole idea. He had only enough artistic ability to accurately draw the structure of a cell on paper, or a diagram that could highlight the physical differences between finches with different diets.

"That's incredible- wait, which way did you say that old place was?" He gave the hotdogs another dubious look. "How many of these can you eat anyway?"

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:06 pm
Hotdog Saturday

"Yeah! Like, workin' off of commission till the day I die 'cause no one likes to pay an artist what they're worth." Despite the inherent sarcasm, he was laughing. "Anyway, the train tracks are down the street a ways, and then there's a shortcut through the alley, and once you're behind the store fronts you just gotta get past the parking lot." He nodded approvingly. "It's kinda creepy back there? But it's cool too, and quiet. Like, suuuuper overgrown. Sometimes you see bunnies." His eyes were wide, "Once, I even saw a turtle even though there's no water near by." He was nodding.

"I'm thinkin' I can eat four of these on a good day, but I'm feeling three. Whatever we don't finish I'm sure the crows'll love though." He grinned at Kaleb as his feet started to lead him away.

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:51 pm
Hotdog Saturday

"At least, I guess, you won't be a starving artist today?" Kaleb responded with a lopsided smile, gesturing to his own hotdog-laden arms. Despite his earlier nervousness, the freckled teen was quickly relaxing into the role of friends.

He started heading in the direction Shiloh had indicated. "Are you sure we're allowed back there? I've only been to the little public parks, but they don't often have bunnies..."

Kaleb did want to see bunnies.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:38 pm
Hotdog Saturday

"I mean... you're probably not supposed to, but it's totally safe and it ain't posted. And if it ain't posted, then it's basically okay." He laughed, "Don't worry, no one's gonna go down there and flip out, I've been there tons of times. Tons!"

Even if they didn't see any real bunnies, he'd just call Jamie to make an impromptu appearance. Kaleb never had to know.

Grey Dragon
im so bad at keeping drabbles drabbles and not rps RIP if u want i can start some more dumb silly stuff???

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:08 pm
Hotdog Saturday

"What if today is the one day someone does flip out and tell us off? I'd never be able to go anywhere outside my room ever again," Kaleb protested, but judging by the little smile he couldn't keep off his face, he was totally just poking fun at his own overly timid nature.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:23 pm
Hotdog Saturday

"Then I'm just going to have to stage another intervention, duh. You'll have to come outside again eventually! Even if I gotta drag you." He smiled right back, "'Sides, I'll take the blame, it won't be a big deal. Then again, maybe the 'me' in this world was less of a trouble maker..."

He considered this, then laughed out loud.

"Nah, definitely not. C'mon, the hot dogs are already getting cold!"

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:23 pm
Clear Skies

Okay so a farmer's market wasn't the most conventional place for hanging out, but it had met the criteria Shiloh was looking for; a large group of people, but relatively quiet people. If Kaleb was ever going to work on his social anxiety, he needed this sort of exposure! Plus, there was lots of weird cool stuff you could find at these places. Like jelly. And flowers. Shiloh liked both.

"Seriously, have you ever had fresh homemade jelly? You're never going to wanna put anything else on your toast." He assured him, "Wait, you are a jelly-on-toast guy, right?"

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:18 pm
Hotdog Saturday

"I don't know, these days you can even order groceries on the internet, they get delivered right to your door," Kaleb pressed with a smile. It was strange and pleasant, engaging in friendly banter.

"I couldn't let you take all the blame though. It's not like you tied me up and dragged me, I have to take responsibility for my own actions. Which include following you willingly." He eyed his overburdened friend for a minute. "If you want to eat while we walk, I might... be able to carry more hotdogs..."

Melancholies

Grey Dragon

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:27 pm
Clear Skies

Kaleb had grown up so deep in the city that he had never been to a real farmer's market before. Fresh produce had always been that lightly misted aisle in the grocery store where you could find tomatoes from Mexico or pears from China, not wide tables in the open air, heaped with goods from the farmers and artisans of the surrounding area.

Naturally, he was a bit distracted.

"Toast?" He asked, glancing away from some little multicoloured heirloom tomatoes they had just passed. "I guess if I had jelly I would put it on toast, that sounds pretty good. If it's breakfast, I usually have cereal though."

Melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces