azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:48 pm
Aodhan had said he had finished the bracelets. When Shiloh, of course, did not come to get them he decided to just drop them off. There was obviously something going on with Shiloh, not that he knew what, and it was likely better to just bring them by.

Especially since he was particularly pleased with what he had made.

So again, in less than two months, Aodh was knocking on the door with another package (but not a check).

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:10 pm
    Oliver had come over to pay Shiloh a visit, but a short conversation turned into a few movies and—long story short—Oliver had wound up with a run of the place while his brother slept on the couch. It wasn't a bad thing; Jamie had told him he wasn't sleeping well lately (and it was obvious, but in the same breath when wasn't he), so he allowed him some respite. Besides, Oliver had come straight from his college classes, so he had his backpack ripe with things to occupy his interests.

Hello, quality reading time.

Until the door sounded, which made his lips purse into a thin line. His gaze slid over to Shiloh first (who was still sawing logs, score) and then over towards the door with reckless fury. He didn't feel like answering. Maybe they'd go away? Ah, but what if they kept knocking and it woke Shiloh up? Or what if it was some magical bullshit thing? He didn't want that.

Which was how Oliver ended up answering the door for a complete strange in his brothers house.

"Yes...?" He asked weakly.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:36 pm
Aodh blinked.

Blinked again.

It took him a moment to realize that it was Shiloh's twin and not Shiloh himself. Mostly because even if this one looked like Shiloh, he could not compete with how wrecked the other blond had looked when they had seen each other last.

"Hi," Aodh said, "I am here to drop something off for Shiloh? We're ... kind of art friends. I've got some custom pieces I made for him that he paid for and hasn't picked up."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:53 pm
    Oliver folded his arms. "Is that so." Why did he sound so suspicious? Oliver what the ********. "Well, I'm sorry to say that he's incapacitated for the moment, but I'm willing to take a message."

So snooty.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:04 pm
"Yeah?"Aodh's tone sounded both questioning and confused. What was going on with the Beaumonts. "I mean he looked wrecked last time, so if he's getting rest more power to him."

With a shrug, he was pulling out a pair of carved wooden boxes. One had a flower motif, the other had a water motif. "Figured he'd want these since I'm pretty sure they're for Jamie and him."

Melancjollies

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:01 pm
    What was going on with the Beaumonts? It was hard to tell. "I see..." Oliver sounded intrigued, actually. He reached out to collect the boxes. "These look quite pretty, actually." Though he could tell they obviously housed things inside; Oliver was just the type of person who saved gift boxes and bags and reused them (or rather, planned to but never did).

Oliver was also an incredibly nosy person given the circumstance, and it showed when he went popped open the box with the flower motif. "Did you make—" His eyes widened at the jewelry inside. That was pretty.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:50 pm
It turned out that Aodh was also someone who saved gift boxes and bags. Especially when they would make lovely accents to the things he made.

"Yeah, I did." The blonde looked pleased with his work, once Oliver had opened up the flower box. Inside it was a bracelet that had been made from chainmaille. Not all of it was silver, some of it in fact green, but there were small blossoms and vines that were twined through it all in soft but still faintly vibrant colors.

"Working the blossoms and vines is what took the longest but I'm hoping it fits what he was looking for."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:02 pm
    "It's... exquisite." Oliver said after a moment, his fingertips brushing over the smooth metal carefully. "Yes, just by looking at this I can tell you have an innate eye for detail—and that you're very dedicated to your craft. It's admirable." Oliver Beaumont everyone.

"Did he commission these? It's a little spur of the moment, but I had an idea for something I was wanting done." His eyes glimmer strangely. "If you accept offers like that, I mean." It seemed like this man knew Shiloh, so who the hell knew if it was a gift or what. The box was delicately closed afterwards, while the other one went unsullied by Oliver's prodding.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:21 pm
Aodh looked a little surprised at the compliment but nodded his thanks. "Thanks. I really enjoy small intricate work like this. It's why I started with jewelry and not larger pieces."

The other bracelet was soft colors, like the one that was revealed, but styled after waves and fish (and some aquatic plants). They were meant to be complimentary pieces.

"Yeah, he did. We basically passed my sketchbook for work like this back and forth until we got to what he envisioned." Aodh had enjoyed the entire process, were he to admit it. An eyebrow raised at the offer. A card was pulled from his pocket. It said AODHAN BEVERLY in large print and then, under it in smaller print, crafter and smith of fine things in italics.

"What are you wanting done? Something small like these or something bigger?" These being the bracelets.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:57 pm
    Oliver took the card with renewed interest. "That sounds interesting. I'm not looking for anything fancy or intricate, honestly. I'll show you, wait just a moment." Pause, "Actually, you can step inside, but be quiet." He vanished with the door left cracked.

After a moment, he was appearing with a small object in his hands. As his fingers unfurled, it was revealed to be an ominous looking glass eye, uncanny in its proportionate size to a human one, but dull like a dolls. "I want this to be made into a keychain. Something easier to attach to my person rather than stuffing it in my pockets." He blinked, "It doesn't have to be fancy."

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:06 pm
Aodhan stepped in, closing the door very quietly behind him. There was no need to speak, not since Oliver had said be quiet (and that likely meant that Shiloh, who looked in need of sleep, was sleeping,right?).

His eyes widened a little bit as Oliver held out the glass eye. "That's-" A hand was held out to take hold it, were Oliver not opposed. "I can certainly do something with this." Wire-wrapping came to mind. "You said attach to your person?" Already thinking about sturdy hooks and links, okay. "... and it doesn't have to be fancy ..."

He looked back at Oliver. "Any metal allergies? Preferences at all? Stainless steel is best, just because it won't rust."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:10 pm
    Oliver seemed hesitant to give up the eye. Then again, if Aodh was to work on it, then he'd have to handle the piece himself. His hand held out to drop it in his palm, and then retracted, and then moved again. Finally he clicked his tongue against his teeth.

"How well can you keep a secret?" He asked before answering any of the questions.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:22 pm
"To my grave if need be," Aodh replied honestly, cradling the eye delicately in his hands as he looked it over. "Which probably sounds dire but how I feel about secrets."

He was blinking a little bit as he looked at Oliver.

Then over at another portion of the area they were in.

Then a spot that was further in the distance.

Everything was in a particularly startling clarity it had not been before he touched the eye. Aodh's eyes widened a little bit before he seemed to click. "So this ... is the secret then?" What kind of magitech was this? Was it even magitech?

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm
    Oliver dropped the eye into his palm, his expression scrutinizing Aodh's with great intent. "I'm not sure how my brother came into possession of it, but it helps my vision and the subsequent headaches tremendously. As you can see, it needs to be on someone's person for the effects to be felt."

He cleared his throat, "And lugging a loose glass eye around is a little unorthodox. A key chain or something I could attach to my keys or my bag or my belt would be ideal. I suppose my only preference would be whatever's the most cost effective, but I don't have any metal allergies, no."

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:31 pm
"I can wire wrap it and make it a little less obvious ..." Aodhan offered the eye back to Oliver. "Making it into a keychain won't be a problem. The wire wrapping is better than actually doing anything else with it, as I wouldn't want to potentially crack the surface in case that would be detrimental to what it does."

Once the eye was taken back, Aodh was making sure the boxes were set carefully down before he was pulling out a sketchbook from his bag. "I won't charge for the materials because I've got them around, it'd just be the time I spend converting it to a keychain." He was already making a sketch of what he had in mind, as well as making a few notes.

Melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces