[PRP] Not a Real Date (Elliot & Horace) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:34 pm
He'd texted Elliot to meet him outside. It was diner time and he'd cleaned his car - not that is really needed it, but he'd been paranoid about having Eli sit in Melany's blood. Horace was parked outside of the building now, engine running and windows rolled all the way down. It was finally feeling like spring and he loved it.

Horace flicked through instagram, liking one of Ollie's pictures, then Nasir's video of Trouble getting into... well, trouble. Then he texted Elliot again.

saedusk
To: Elliot
hey where are you
do you like your eggs over easy or scrambled

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:13 pm
It wasn't in a text, but Horace would get his answer only moments later. "Scrambled, of course," Elliot replied, bending at the waist, arm resting nonchalantly on the door through the open window. There was a coy sort of smile lifting the corner of his mouth as he picked at something invisible beneath his fingernail.

"Sorry for the wait, darling, I had a bit of a wardrobe dilemma." Though he didn't mention what exactly, he looked quite presentable as he opened the door and slid right on into the passenger seat. The way-too-tight shorts and equally tight shirt from their previous rendezvous were replaced with soft looking skinny jeans and a loose, faintly ruffled shirt in delicate floral-print pastels.

Elliot looked pleased with himself, but when didn't he?

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:29 am
He jerked a little in surprise. "I didn't hear you come up, Elliot." Horace smiled. "Well, whatever your dilemma was, I see you resolved it. Looks good. Now me, I never have wardrobe issues." After backing out of the apartment parking lot, he turned onto the main road.

"So you're the boss today - do you want a diner or something like Denny's?"

saedusk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:39 am
Elliot's answer to that was a scrunch of the nose and a quick, "Of course not." It was hard to have wardrobe issues when you had no style, but he busied himself with thoughts of good food and coffee before he wound up blurting out anything else.

"Something local would be great. A place with good coffee," the way he emphasized it made him sound like a coffee snob. It wasn't a lie. He could drink it with every meal if it was made right.

There was hesitation in what he said next, a hang-on from Eli's opinion of Horace's fashion sense, but he supposed clothes and coffee were two totally different things. He'd give him a chance, at least. "I'll trust your judgement."

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:22 pm
"I'm going to choose to believe that's a compliment, Elliot," he said airily. Horace squeaked through a light just as it turned red. He couldn't prevent the big grin that covered his face at the mention of good coffee.

"Just you wait, Eli, if you don't like the coffee where I'm taking you, I... uh..." Where was he going with this. "You can take a penalty out on me." The coffee at this diner was actually good. It was a small place, and the food was cheap even if the coffee was a little expensive. But it wasn't run of the mill and was never, ******** forbid, burnt.

Horace rolled down his window, letting the wind whip his hair about a bit. "We're almost there. Sorry I didn't get you flowers."

saedusk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:46 pm
"How disappointing," he sighed, drooping like a wilting flower—or lack thereof. Except Elliot wasn't all that upset, but he enjoyed the dramatic route. It's not like he'd been expecting flowers in the first place. "Let's keep it simple. If I don't like the coffee, you buy me a bouquet. A nice one. Colorful."

He was picking at his nails again. They were painted a pale, delicate pink.

"Deal?" While he waited for the agreement, he still couldn't manage to keep his mouth shut. "You know, Horace-" he was watching his hair catch the wind, "-your hair is lovely." It was a surprisingly genuine comment.

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:59 pm
"And what happens if you like the coffee?" Colorful, he could do colorful. Colorful was his middle name. Except Horace didn't have a middle name. He turned to glance at Elliot, a smile caught on his face and then he flushed.

"Uh, ah, thanks. I'm trying to grow it out." And he was very particular about keeping it sleek and shiny as a crow's wing. "Your hair is gorgeous; do you use anything special on it to get that shine?"

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:49 am
Of course Eli noticed the blush; he was sharp for social cues like that. "If I like the coffee..." he repeated, deliberately slow, "In that case, why don't I give you a hands on demonstration of my hair care routine?" No doubt he looked pleased with himself for coming up with that one.

"Unless there's something you'd prefer. I'm open to suggestions. If you're not interested, I guess I could just tell you."

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:28 am
Was that a challenge? He shot a glance at Eli. It was totally a challenge. Or a proposition. Or something. Whatever it was, it would look ridiculous if he said no. "Isn't that the only real way to learn? I could leave myself in your capable hands." Hands.... hands on. s**t. This wasn't a good idea. Maybe Eli would hate the coffee. For a brief second, he debated turning around and heading to one of the many, many places with shitty coffee.

But they were already here. Horace pulled into a parking space. "My other suggestions just aren't suitable for a not date, Elliot." He grinned, feeling a bit too bold and ridiculous, and got out. "Table or booth?"

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:46 pm
"Wonderful. It's a deal then. I'll look forward to it either way," he said smoothly. It wasn't that Horace's situation was totally hopeless. Bet or not, he'd be honest in his opinion of the coffee. If anyone was unnecessarily judgmental about almost everything, it was Elliot Labelle. There was always a chance he'd find something to complain about.

Always a chance. Hold onto hope.

"Something by the window would be delightful if we can manage. Table or booth. I'm easy."

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:49 pm
He gave Elliot a slow look, followed by an amused grin. "I'll keep that in mind. I'm hard." And any booth would be fine, Horace thought. Eli had no idea how often her was here.

Horace held open the door for Elliot, gesturing for him to go first. He followed, glancing around until he saw someone. "Hey, Wendy! I see you finally got the new style uniforms you wanted." He grinned. The waitress perked up, calling out a cheerful hello. She wandered over and soon they were directed to a booth against the window. Sunlight glinted through the glass, but not blindingly so. Two menus were placed in front of them.

"I'll leave you two alone for a bit to decide." Wendy was staring at Horace hard, eyes clearing saying she needed details because Horace never came in with someone else.

He snorted under his breath. "How do you take your coffee, Eli?"

saedusk

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:01 am
"Keep it together, please, we just got here. There will be plenty of time for that later," he shot back in jest. If Horace hadn't found it obvious from their previous encounter, Eli could play the game with the best of 'em. Flirting was a favored pastime, even if he had tried to tone it down in recent years.

He swept inside with a small thank you for the gentlemanly gesture, arms crossing temporarily across his chest. This place was quaint but cheery and he liked it.

"Cream and sugar usually, but I'm not opposed to black if you'd recommend it," he replied after another thank you to their server—Wendy, he gleaned. What was that look she'd given Horace? It was familiar if nothing else. "You must come here often," he commented over the menu.

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:42 am
Horace swallowed a laugh. Two could play the innuendo game. He wondered if he poked his toe at Eli... would Eli get shocked? "Mmmm, I usually get mine with sugar only. It's good black, but I like sweet things." He shrugged.

"It's convenient, pretty cheap. I go here or the Thai place by my house." He flicked his eyes up from the menu to look at Elliot. "She's going to pester me all about you when I'm here next. What should I tell her - that you're my long lost brother? That I'm having an affair with you so please keep it on the down-low? Or that when he ******** me good, I take his a** to Aadi's Diner?" He snorted at the last one, Beyonce song immediately stuck in his head.

saedusk

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:57 pm
"Cream and sugar, then," Elliot decided. No need to deny his usual habits if Horace liked it just as sweet. Then again, would he have switched it up? Probably not, not unless he really wanted to. "And something with a side of eggs. Oh, is the french toast any good? Or maybe waffles."

It was a tough decision. Except, well, worrying about it became the last thing on his mind the very next instant. Horace was only shooting innuendos if you squinted now, because that one was pretty damn blatant. Not that he minded if the cocky smile on his face was any indication.

"I like the third option," he said as he lowered his menu. "Makes me feel like I slay." And then he raised it again and went back to looking. "Or you could tell her it's a secret. Sometimes it's fun to watch them squirm with curiosity."

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:45 pm
"The French toast here is pretty good, but I make a better waffle at home. Maybe you'll find out sometime." Horace had set the menu aside and propped his chin on one hand. Eli's reaction was pretty interesting.

"As much as I enjoy the idea of shocking her, maybe I'll save the third for when it's the truth." Horace grinned and picked up his menu again. "If anyone's ever good enough. So a secret it is. Just between you and me, I kind of love making people squirm. Though I feel like you're better at it than me."

saedusk

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces