Submit

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:26 pm
Darlene's had seemed like a good idea at the time, when he'd been so overwhelmed by the smell and texture and feel of all the energy drink he'd just wasted by spilling it all over himself -- and his fur, and his clothes, and Officer Kuroda -- but this morning, mostly he had just considered rolling into a tiny little ball under his sheets until the whole day had passed.

But he needed to buck up and face the day, didn't he? And if his lip was still a little red, a little swollen, from biting it in his sleep; that didn't really feel like a problem. If anything, he liked the way it contrasted with his skin. If he was a little paler, Ashton pondered, he could be a vampire, and wouldn't that be cool? He really did like vampires, with their whole mystique, but. It wouldn't work in the modern world, anyways. Now, blood, though...there was a lot of blood in the world. And his lip didn't hurt.

It had been a slow morning, so when Shun had showed up at the end of Ashton's shift and taken him up on his offer, Ashton had been only too happy to shyly comply and accompany the other man to Darlene's. And if his clothing was equally as irreverently bright and childish as it had been days ago, what did it matter?

BIade Kuroda

AMltotic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:47 pm
Shun stopped by at about the time of Ashton's shift, just as planned. As he stepped into the shop, he took a brief look around, then looked over towards the one who he was here to see.

"Hey Ashton. Wassup?" he greeted, "You ready to head on over to Darlene's?"

As with before, he was wearing some fairly brightly colored clothing. He also had a pair of nice sunglasses.

Daekie
Amitotic

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:38 am
"N-not much," Ashton smiled back, tentative, "a-and yes, of course --" he stepped out from behind the counter, his hair just as messy as it'd been on that day prior, hands shoved awkwardly in his (too-small, slightly bedazzled) pockets - for a second he stared at Shun's glasses, mesmerized. Wow, those were fantastic. He was a little jealous, honestly.

But they didn't look very nice to touch, so he didn't.

"A-and, remember, I'll be paying for everything..."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:20 am
Well Ashton looked... a little less of a mess today. Not covered in energy drink at the very least.

"Awesome. Then let's bounce on outta here," he nodded while making his way back outside where it was bright and sunny, "Yeah, I remember. Don't worry, man."

After a moment, he asked, "So how's it hanging? Work been treating you okay?"

Daekie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:19 am
"Work's been fine," Ashton said, relieved, "a-although everyone keeps giving me weird looks, like something's wrong w-with me." He fiddled with his fingers, biting his nails. "B-but, um, I don't feel like anything's wrong, and I don't think I'm sick, b-but --" he sighed. "I, um...really shouldn't be bothering you with this, just -- some bird flew into the window today a-after getting attacked by a cat, a-and it was covered in blood, and it got all over my hands and I guess it's still getting to me."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:50 pm
Shun huffed lightly at that before giving a shrug, "Well you did have a tail yesterday. Maybe they aren't really used to seeing s**t like that or something."

"Unless you mean peeps who already know you. Then uh... no clue. Though..." he started, thinking back, "I was recently told there was something about the way I was talking. He mighta had something wrong with his ears cuz no changes here."

He kept walking as they made their way to Darlene's though he tilted his head at the story Ashton was saying about the bird. This was fascinating.

"Really?"

Daekie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:55 pm
"...I don't usually h-have my tail out," Ashton admitted, pondering. "D-during the full moon, I mean. I usually try to h-hide that, so...m-maybe that's it. B-but they're my coworkers, so t-there's no reason for them t-to be like that..." He seemed stuck on the thought, though, and grumbled about it for a few blocks further under his breath.

"Y-yeah...I think it was dead by the time it hit the window, but...one of t-the strays in the neighborhood must have gotten it. There was a trail..."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:13 pm
"A trail? Just how big was this bird? They can't have that much blood in them... or do they? How long of a blood trail are we talking about here?" he asked, spotting Darlene's up ahead. He wasn't at all put off by these details, despite the fact that they were on their way to go eat.

He was possibly a little desensitized.

Daekie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:28 pm
"B-birds are, um," he fiddled with his fingers, "b-better with blood loss t-than humans, actually...a-and because the cats are kind of l-lazy if their prey gets away, so I think it got attacked o-on top of the fence and managed to get across the yard." Ashton bit at his lip, making it bleed again, pulling it between his teeth to feel the meat of it. Just a pretty little nick he'd made during his sleep; but without the blotchiness of embarassment, Ashton's skin was generally very pale. The flush really highlighted.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:06 pm
Shun looked over at Ashton, nodding lightly. Though, he soon caught sight of the speck of blood that had appeared upon his lips. The detective found himself staring at it for possibly a little too long.

"Wow. That's pretty cool. I guess. I mean, it kinda sucks for the bird, but neat facts. Bird probably didn't make it, huh?"

He reached the door of the restaurant now, opening up the door for the two of them.

Daekie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:02 pm
Ashton wasn't staring at Shun; he didn't even notice the other man gazing at him, actually, and an absent move to smear the blood away (or was that what it was at all?) smeared it across the corner of his lips, like flashy runway makeup.

"...y-yeah. It was pretty much dead b-by the time I found it...s-so I left it where it was. Something w-will eat it eventually, I think...b-but it was so pretty, I didn't want t-to move it..."

He slipped inside the doors shyly, holding them for Shun.

Blade Kuroda

AMItotic
if lily wants to emerge now

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:48 am
Lily had a booth she liked to sit in at Darlene's. For one, it was a booth, which meant it was tucked away in a corner of the restaurant away from most people, and unbeknownst to more casual diners it was one of only four tables in the entire place to have easy access to a wall plug. The fact that it was near the kitchen door was a double bonus--it meant that Nasir could sneak out easily if he needed to, and she was always nearby if he needed her. It helped that the wifi was better than the s**t she paid for at her apartment, so it had become something of a practice to hide away in her corner, order a side of fries, and edit her videos for the week.

She happened to see Shun through the glass of the front doors, standing up so she could hail him down. "Yo, what's up, Officer Sm--" she began, only to cut herself off as she saw a familiar blonde trail in beside him. Her eyes widened while her brain struggled to reload a comment, and she stood there, her hand half up and frozen mid wave. "...Hey," she finally added towards Ashton, resisting the urge to bite her lip.

daekie

Blade Kuroda

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:00 am
Shun nodded to Ashton as he headed on inside. He took a quick scan of the area to assess how busy it was and what tables or booths may be available. When Lily stood and started to call out for him, he lifted a hand and waved back, making his way towards her.

"Ay yo Lily wassup? Been keeping tight and s**t?" he greeted before pausing, noticing the apprehension she seemed to have when looking towards Ashton. The detective looked between the two, tilting his head.

"Hey uh... everything cool here? We were just gonna grab a bite to eat."

Daekie
Amitotic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:09 pm
Ashton squeaked, a noise that would have sounded more at home in the throat of a mouse than in an adult human (let alone one with wolverine parts), and ducked behind Shun nervously; his tail was pressed flat to his leg in terror, and his ears were bowed. All parts of his body language said 'don't notice me don't kill me don't hurt me' - and he was clinging to Shun like a particularly determined barnacle with a bloody lip.

Blade Kuroda

AMItotic

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:19 pm
"Keeping tight like plastic wrap on a pair of scissors you need," Lily responded dryly, not missing a beat. Shun's behavior was peculiar, but perhaps not entirely out of the ordinary--she'd only really spoken with him a few times, and usually in s**t-hitting-the-fan scenarios. Maybe she was just unlocking the next friendship level where he was kicked back and relaxed.

Ashton, though, was a different animal. Literally. Lily's brow knitted, her mouth drawing into a thin line. "Yeah, it's all cool," she responded to Shun absently, tilting her head to look around him to her quivering ex. "We're, umm...we're cool, right?" Lily's temper might have gotten the better of her the other night, but it wasn't like Ashton to be this upset. Maybe she'd really hit a nerve.

Blade Kuroda

Daekie

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas