azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:35 pm
Carefully touching his scarf for a moment, Nasir then adjusted the strap over his shoulder for the bag he was carrying. He had gone looking for her on the beach but she had not been there and he ... There had been a terrible feeling in the pit of his stomach.

Mostly because he had heard enough about what had happened and not seeing Sunny on the beach, not finding her there smoking, was a little unsettling.

He still knew where else to look for her, however, and that was why he was knocking on the door of the Shore mansion.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:18 am
Sonny answered the door.

They sure as ******** didn't look like Sunny, but they looked like the kind of person Sunny would be, if Sunny suddenly decided to be androgynous and lost a lot of cheek fat. So, not really like Sunny at all.

Close enough.

"Hi Nasir," they said. "C'mon in. How've you been doing?"

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:10 pm
Nasir blinked, not quite sure he was ready for this new look. He had not know - no one had told him - and her name slipped out without him even thinking about it. "Sunny?"

It was more than just a different style of clothing (he was wearing a skirt with leggings and a very nice blouse) on them. This was a different person and his heart suddenly ached. "I mean, um, hi. I've been busy with work and ... this other thing."

This other thing was why he had a scarf on (and it had become a permanent fixture).

"I brought you some things I made too." ... but when did he did not?

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:14 pm
"Sonny," corrected Sonny. "Sunny's dead."

They smiled anyway. "C'mon in. I can make tea." They led the way into the house, and with a snap of their fingers they turned on the heat below the tea kettle. "It's okay. I missed you, though."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:46 pm
Nasir stared, tried to not do so really, but he did. He followed them inside and watched as they used magic to turn on the heat.

His fingers curled and stretched. "I missed you too," he replied, and then in a quiet voice spoke once more. "I think I need to give you a hug."

That was all the warning they got because Nasir was reaching for Sonny a moment later, pulling them towards him and hugging. The kind of hug someone got after they had not been seen for a while and the other was not sure if everything was really okay but they needed to hug because hugs made things better.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:06 am
Sonny accepted the hug. They smelled nice, kind of like the clear air around the beach, that odd layered salt smell of the sea. And they hugged pretty alright, too, patting Nasir on the back and not questioning any of the whole thing.

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:55 pm
The hug went on, Nasir holding perhaps a little tight to Sonny but he relented and pulled back. A gentle kiss, affectionate and warm, was pressed to their forehead before he gave a sheepish smile (because he was being weird, surely). "I'm sorry I did not come by sooner."

Nasir's eyes were a bit misty (and he felt like he was mourning even if they were in front of him but not really) but he let his arms drop from Sonny and turned to his bag to pull out the ginger snap cookies he had brought with him. His scarf started to wriggle on it's own, a small head peeking out and peering at Sonny with the eyes the same warm brown of Nasir's.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:09 pm
Sonny blushed. They hid their face behind their hands for a minute and then peeked out at the wiggly scarf-dweller. "Ohhh," they said, holding out a hand to the little creature. "Is this your warg? Hi, baby!"

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:04 pm
Nasir's fingers went up to his scarf, brushing against the flying squirrel, as he smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, it is. His name is Trouble." Yet the name was said with affection and mirth. Trouble wriggled and squirmed his way out of Nasir's scarf (it was a nice warm nest). With a brief wiggle and hunker down, he was jumping and then gliding towards Sonny. He might have landed more on their wrist than their hand.

(... because Sonny was- Well, Trouble did not know for sure but they were something interesting.)

"I thought you might want to meet him."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:19 pm
Sonny gave Trouble very nice and delicate pets along his spine, cradling him up close. "I do! He's so cute. He hardly looks like a trouble to me, he's so small and sweet--where did you even find him?"

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:26 pm
A low chirp escaped, Trouble pancaking in Sonny's hand. He was sniffing forward when he was brought close, small paws pressing against her nose.

"I thought it was a cute name especially because he isn't," chuckled Nasir. "He ... um, kind of found me? I think, at least, because one night I was finishing up in the kitchen and next thing I know I am seeing through his eyes and peering into my kitchen window."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:55 am
"I didn't know flying squirrels were native to Massachusetts," said Sonny. Their eyes had gone crossed as they looked at Trouble. "Where are the good scratching places?" They weren't talking to Nasir anymore; they were clearly talking to Trouble, and just as clearly expecting an answer, nonverbal as it would probably be. "Do you like pets? 'Cause you look very soft, Mr. Trouble Vasile."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:34 pm
"I didn't either but they are? Except for, um, Nantucket and Dukes county?" Which made sense because how would the squirrels get out there. Nasir was quiet then, watching as Sonny's eyes crossed and they were speaking with Trouble.

It was cute, actually, especially when there were chirps in response to Sonny's question. The obvious spot that was along his back but then there was rubbing a finger behind his left ear. That was Trouble's favorite spot for pets.

Nasir was mostly watching with a little wonder in his eyes, a smile on his face.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:04 pm
Sonny nodded, their expression one of understanding. They went right to rubbing a fingertip behind Trouble's ear. "He's smart," they said, "you must be proud."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:32 pm
"Yeah, I thought he was he took to the training stuff I've tried pretty quickly." Nasir ducked his head, looking to the tea pot and make sure it was not boiling yet. "I'm proud of of him and I just ... want him to be protected too, you know?"

Sometimes he felt strange that while he let Trouble roam, at night the flying squirrel was brought inside so that he did not fret. Perhaps it was his last lingering fear but it remained because Trouble was not a bird like Mister Bitterberry or Biscuit.

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces