Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] not the rocky and bullwinkle show (cass & nasir) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:04 am
Nasir was really, really trying to get the hang of other ashdown. The hang being getting out of it when he wanted to. Not that he was certain that it was easy but he knew others that seemingly could find their way in and out with ease.

Except that he had been here for the past thirty minutes, or he thought it might have been, and still had not found any clues as to where he needed to get to to get out. Sitting down with a sigh, he nudged Trouble who was asleep in his scarf.

The flying squirrel let out a yawn (it was adorable) before he nibbled slightly on Nasir's finger.

"Mind having a look for me?" he asked his familiar quietly. It wasn't like he really responded (he liked to think the noise made back to him was an affirmative all the same) but it made him feel better to ask. It was why, moments later, Nasir was seemingly underneath a tree in the park in other ashdown and looking as if he was asleep.

demon_pachabel
one warg tasting menu arpee is GO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:46 am
Speak of the devil and they shall appear.

Ever since she'd gone through the veil in waking times, Cassandra had found that both in dreams and in waking, Other Ashdown was making itself slightly more known to her. Even if this was only her second visit while awake. While her phone had absolutely no reception on it, Cassandra cursed under her breath as she looked at it.

She'd been on her way to work and now she was going to have to hope she wasn't going to be late because of a side trip into the Nexus.

Never the less, Cass snapped a few pictures (if they showed up on her phone on the other side, she'd probably show them to Cid. He seemed like he'd appreciate that kind of thing) off of her phone, then began her travel into the oddity that was the other side. Somehow, she always ended up at that park.

In fact, this was her third time ending up at this park.

It was her first time finding a sleeping person at said park, and Cassandra regarded the sleeping figure cautiously, finding a spot to sit nearby that was close enough that if anything weird approached this person she could maybe try to wake them up, but if they woke up and got agitated with her she could have enough time to plan a good punch in the jaw.

Mostly, her hope was that this person would know a way to an exit.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:47 pm
As it turned out, Nasir still did not stir. Mostly because he was too busy looking through Trouble's eyes and that was why Cass was likely to spy, of all things, a flying squirrel as it glided through the trees.

It wasn't looking her direction but it was making a circuit of the area from tree to tree to tree.

... and so very obvious as there was not much else around at the moment.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:09 am
At first, she didn't notice the squirrel. But after a lap or two of moving treetops, it became slightly more obvious. Looking up with a start during one pass between trees, Cass squinted at Trouble/Nasir/Trasir?. Was this an othercreature?

Was this one of those moments where she should have been considering getting out of there because squirrel? What if it went berserk?

Though it was her first time actually seeing much of any wildlife on this side of the veil.

Cass more than briefly wondered if she could feed it trailmix and started fishing through her pockets to see if the little bag she'd bought a week previous was in her pockets to test this theory. Because unfortunately, Cass fed the wildlife.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:49 am
Nasir was getting better with actually directing Trouble to look around. What he could not control was any time Trouble heard what essentially a plastic bag rattling with potential treats.

Which he did.

So he got a full view of Cass, though his eyes were still closed, as Trouble glided to the tree closest to her. He was skittering closer before he chirped at her. Nasir pulled himself back almost immediately, blinking his eyes open and putting a hand to his forehead to stop himself from reeling too much.

demon_pachabel
you did not just link that omg XDDDD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:21 am
"Oh!" Cass seemed pleasantly surprised when the little squirrel settled in, smiling as she fished out the trail mix that had definitely seen better days. It had been shoved in her pocket long enough that pocket-residue stuck to it and the top was rolled shut, but the contents (nuts and a few fruity-seeds) seemed to be fine. She poured out a bit into one palm and then offered her hand out.

Because clearly she was going to get herself bitten someday, intended or not.

She was so focused on the squirrel, however, that she hadn't noticed Nasir suddenly reeling back 'awake'. Nope, feeding the wildlife was more important.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:07 pm
Trouble was definitely interested in the fruity seeds and picked one up in his small paws to nibble on it. The happy chirps he was emitting were probably too cute.

Nasir, on the other hand, had not expected someone to be there or that Trouble would do what he did. Pushing himself to his feet, he raised a hand towards Cass and waved.

"Hi!" he called out. "I think my familiar likes you." ... because she was feeding him treats.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:41 am
Cass would try to keep Trouble if she didn't have a strict code about 'No seriously, you move too much to take care of a living creature'. Never the less, she seemed elated with the cute chirps that the flying squirrel was making. So cute.

She'd been so distracted by Trouble that she hadn't noticed Nasir get up. In fact, she looked to him with a suddenly startled expression when he called out to her.

"Familiar?" she asked, then looked down at Trouble, then back up at Nasir. "Like a Witch's Cat?"

Azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:53 pm
Trouble was totally invested in the snacks and his chirps continued as he nibbled on his noms.

"Sorry," Nasir gave Cass a sheepish look. "For startling you." A clip in his hair was clipped and unclipped, a lock of black hair falling into his face before he put it back. "Um, think more ... Game of Thrones. Like the Stark kids. Though you can get a regular othercreature familiar, I think."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:33 am
Cass felt briefly like a princess with the squirrel at hand.

"No need to apologize. I mean, I knew you were there. You just...woke up with a bit more readiness then I ever face the day with," Cass's eyes briefly went unfocused as she imagined herself trying to get out of bed - a 40 minute process of denial and bargaining as she eventually just dragged herself onto the cold floor and was assaulted by Ted until she stood up.

"'Game of Thrones'?" Okay, she knew that one by reputation, but the series had come out well into her media exile that she was slowly being rewelcomed back into the Kingdom from and she'd never even heard of the books before that. "Sorry, I'm not sure what that reference is unfortunately. I'm...a little behind on things. I don't really....do animal caretaking. My life doesn't exactly allow for it."

She looked down at Trouble. "I do like them though."

Azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:20 pm
Just wait until it was on Nasir in his outfit (which involved a skirt, leggings, a nice top and too many hair clips) because he would definitely look like he escaped from a Disney movie.

Or a decora runway fashion show. One or the other.

"It's because I wasn't really asleep." With her saying she didn't really know Game of Thrones, Nasir could at least explain as Trouble exhausted her supply of snacks. "I'm, um, a warg? It means I have a familiar - like Trouble there? - that I am bonded with that lets me use their eyes and ears sometimes. Except when I do that it kind of looks like I'm asleep."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:04 am
As Nasir spoke, Karen dumped some more trailmix out into her hand for Trouble. She was going to buy the familiar's love if it was possible. It probably wasn't. At least not permanently. Not that she'd want to keep Trouble.

"I've never he-" she paused, her brain making a dial up noise as it recalled the brief summary she'd been given the second time she'd dreamed her way into Other Ashdown. -- then the wargs, who share a bond with an animal familiar--- "Okay, I've heard about this briefly before." she admitted. "So you kinda just...mentally...hopped over for a ride?"

Don't ask about astral projection, don't ask about astral projection

Azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:34 pm
The happy chirps continued.

"Yeah, pretty much? Like I'm along for a pretty wild ride sometimes ..." Nasir watched Trouble in her hand, glancing up at her a moment later. It was almost simultaneous with the squirrel looking up as well and both of them had the exact same eye color. "I mean, I know what it feels like to glide from tree to tree? That's kind of amazing!"

... she could ask about astral projection but who knew how much he knew.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:39 am
Cass looked between Trouble and Nasir. Something seemed to have struck her, but whatever it was, she didn't seem to place it immediately.

"That actually does sound fun! I mean, obviously there's a certain danger to it," she looked over towards where Nasir had been sleeping. "Is there a limit? I mean, if you don't mind me asking all my strange little questions. I'm a....little new to everything."

Azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:49 pm
"I don't mind answering," Nasir replied with a warm, friendly smile. He gave her a quizzical look next. "... though you'll have to tell me what you mean by limit? What kind of limit do you mean?"

Without knowing that, he couldn't really answer her. Though Nasir did have an adorably perplexed look on his face.

demon_pachabella

word count to here: 733

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas