iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:42 am
Alg was stopping by the police station to see if Jeremiah was busy, see if maybe he could ditch work early (what's the point of being the boss if you couldn't skip out?), to see if he'd eaten.... For mostly normal spouse stuff, even if it meant he was just there to see him because he wanted to.

He didn't see the normal desk person, the station seemed a bit bustling, and Jeremiah hadn't answered his phone which meant he likely was busy.

So he'd wait. Which left him looking a bit like a loiterer, pacing the room a few moment before he had a seat.

demon_pachabel
i forgot this im turrble

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:56 am
Fox had been running some forms between desks when she noticed the out of place person lingering in the entry. Nobody else seemed to pay much mind to Algernon (as they had likely seen him before in the past, not that she'd know) so Fox took it upon herself to approach the front desk.

"Is there anything I can do for you, sir?"

iloveyouDIE
If it makes you feel better, I forgot too.

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:07 pm
"Oh I was ah," Alg's eyes ran over the young officer who he didn't recognize. Saying 'his husband' wouldn't work if she didn't know who that was, "Looking for the Chief.."

It didn't immediately dawn on him that you couldn't just stroll into a police department and see the Chief of Police.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:17 pm
Fox nodded slowly. "I see. I can see if he's available, but..." Fox didn't know who this was and Jeremiah was a rather important man. Best to make sure he didn't get pulled away from his work willy nilly at any time, "If he's not, is there anything I can do for you?"

Which meant she'd probably walk back, peek into Jeremiah's office, not inconvenience him at all, then come back. Some people simply wanted to talk to the higher ups immediately and only settled for someone of her not-so-Chief position after an attempt had been made.

iloveyouDIE

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:58 pm
Alg snorted a small laugh, "No I don't think you can help me.." It probably came off entirely the wrong way. While he was mostly amused the young woman couldn't BE his husband, he most assuredly was seemed a bit standoffish.

"Thank you though.." For looking into Jeremiah's whereabouts for him, "Officer...?" He adjusted his glasses to glance her name badge.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:19 pm
Not with that attitude she couldn't be! Not that she wanted to be anybody's husband.

Whelp, she'd follow up on that thought after everything was said and done, she guessed. "Officer Fox Bliskiss, sir. And your name so I can tell the Chief you're here?"

iloveyouDIE

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:26 pm
She had a name like a video game character, he thought immediately.

"Oh just tell him his husband's here," Alg smiled politely, "Professor Mercer."

He held out his hand for a shake of introduction. Polite enough, perhaps his brusqueness was simply misunderstanding.

"But don't interrupt him if he's busy I can wait or.. just see him at home."

demon_pachabel
not a spooky shake. XD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:32 pm
Or was named after an X Files character

Fox took his hand without hesitation because he didn't do spooky shakes, squeezing firmly but keeping a friendly smile on her face. "Oh! Well of course. I'll go check in with him, Mr. Mercer."

Well now she knew why she was no help at least.

Once relinquished, Fox headed off towards the Chief's office to poke her head in real quick. She was back to Algernon after a few minutes. "He's going to be a few minutes, but he knows you're here now."

iloveyouDIE

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:33 am
"I prefer Professor to Mister.. Or Algernon- Alg works." He chuckled. Marrying Jeremiah had given him the last name but it felt odd to be called 'Mr. Mercer'.

"Thank you," Alg smiled pleasantly. The truth was that he knew most of the normal office staff, even if only by first name basis and those newer officers who were from the town either made their way through his store or had attended one of his college classes, "Are you new in the department?"

DEMON_PACHABEL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:11 am
"Algernon, then," Fox determined. Certainly she was a bit more stiff and formal with the Chief, but she tried to not let that be how she colored every interaction with any human being she ran into.

"I am. I came over from Boston, but I have family here. Ayush Bliskiss, the owner of Bombay, is my father and he has my younger brother and sister working there." Humorously, the girls were both named after animals. Raven was somewhat more acceptable of a name in public, however. "My mother does some animal conservation at the State Forest on a volunteer basis as well. So we're...pretty settled." Said the daughter who had run off to a big city and came back for pretty pathetic reasons, all said and done.

iloveyouDIE

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:42 am
"Bombay! Yes.." Alg's hand rested on his stomach. While his husband was trim and lean, Alg had bulk to him and just a bit of paunch. He was definitely the sort of man who had a direct line from brain to stomach, "Great place. Jeremiah doesn't eat out much but I frequent the lunch buffet.."

And there was nothing like getting real naan from fresh out of the oven. Bread, only second to sweets, would be his downfall.

"I teach English at the college and I have a bookstore near campus if you're into that sort of thing.." He wanted to ask why she'd come back here but that wasn't necessarily his business.

demon_ pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:49 am
"Well, the Chief does have masterful cooking skills - or so I hear." her tone implied a desire for confirmation. Not that Fox didn't enjoy the tiny muffins that had no business being that tiny. "But I biasedly have to agree that my dad is a fantastic cook. Not that I cook Naan half as well," she sighed wistfully.

Fox tried. She really tried.

"Oh! I need to pick up the next volume of Red Herring, now that you mention it...." Because crime novels? Yes please. Crime media was Fox's bread and butter. Naan and butter?

iloveyouDIE

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:57 am
"There is something to be said for a lifetime of practice," Alg smiled and rocked momentarily on his feet. He checked his watch, not necessarily with anywhere he needed to be but because Jeremiah was stuck.

Hearing mention of his books got his attention quickly again, "Yes the new one just came out in January. The end of the second trilogy." His head bobbed, "Stop by the shop and I'll put a copy aside for you."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:09 am
"I can follow his recipe exactly step by step and it still isn't quite the same." Not that she'd be looking to be naanless anytime soon. It wasn't unusual for Fox Bliskiss to drop in for lunch at the family restaurant after all.

"I'd love that. I've read the first trilogy probably more than anybody else. The author is fantastic on the details. I mean, I know a lot of crime series get little things wrong. They glean and just don't quite nail the actual inner workings right." Fox was being a wee bit of a fangirl.

iloveyouDIE

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:29 am
"Well all good writers do their research. I know in fact that that one has a police officer on call for technical questions and to read over the drafts.." He could just say of course but..

"Of course you can't do research on the supernatural aspects but I like to think they are spooky and believable.." Considering the books in this cycle were written by an Algernon who had much more magical experience. But in the previous world he'd begun writing just that kind of book after his experiences in Ashdown.

His phone pinged and he pulled it from his pocket to flip through and frown, "Don't think he's going to be able to get out of that meeting," Alg had a small sad smile, "Ah well."

demon_pachabel

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces