Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:12 pm
It's ringing.

The old, shitty-a** Nokia brickphone with no reception, no contacts list, and barely even a clock, is ringing.

It keeps ringing until someone answers it.

Ring ring ring!

Blade Kuroda
if u want someone else to pick it up for some reason? roflmao

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:28 pm
For no particular reason, Shun had kept that old Nokia brick, even though it was pretty useless. Needless to say, he was a bit surprised to hear it ringing upon coming into his apartment. At first, it had him concerned as it took him a moment to figure out what the hell was making the noise.

And then once he realized it, he became a touch wary. That thing had no reception, and it was barely functional last he checked.

Magic.

Once he found where he had left it, he slowly picked it up to answer.

"Hello?"

Shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:31 pm
There isn't creepy breathing on the other end or anything. It's a very... normal voice, an unfamiliar one, but... completely normal.

"Hi," she says. "Is this Detective Kuroda?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:25 pm
Shun's head tilted to the side. There used to only be 3 people on the contacts on the list, with only one being female. And she certainly didn't sound like Melany. He didn't recognize the voice at all, actually. And yet somehow this person on the other end had this number, and also knew that he was in possession of it. As normal as the voice sounded, it put him a little on edge.

"Speaking. Who is this?" he replied calmly.

Shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:50 pm
"They told me not to tell you," she said. "The people who gave me this number. You wouldn't believe me if I told you, they said, and then you wouldn't help me. They told me that, um, if I called this number, I'd find you, and you were someone who could help me? My friend's gone, and I'm scared for her. I think she might be dead."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:01 pm
This honestly created more questions than before. He wanted to ask who 'they' were, but he had a feeling he wasn't going to get that answer. Not just yet anyway.

Shun drew in a deep breath. He had a bad feeling about this.

"Alright. Who is missing?" he asked, "I will need as much information as possible in order to help you and your friend out."

Shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:06 pm
"Her name is Melany Dubhslaine. Um, do you need me to spell that? She's like, a little more than five feet tall, and her mom's Korean, and her hair's black and really long and it curls? Last time I saw her was before that weird world-hiccup in December. We are... were... dancers in the same troupe, and... I don't know where she's gone, she won't answer the phone or anything... I haven't even seen her in class..."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:30 pm
Of all the names to hear, that was one he wasn't expecting. Shun began to catalogue everything he was being told. He did have a sort of double take. Just over 5 feet? She was much taller last he recalled. But he did hear that the change in the world had also changed both Melany and Ezra. Was shrinking her one of them?

There was also the idea of her going to class.

That said, the fact that she hadn't been seen since December did complicate things. There were a lot of places she could potentially be. And there was also the whole bit about this being the second notable missing person he's heard in a relatively short time.

"Yes, please spell the name. I know it has been several months, but please try to recall any details... do you know if she had seen anyone else after last speaking with you, or had any plans? You also mentioned class - do you mean highschool or college?"

It would be really weird to think of Melany being in highschool, but he couldn't rule it out. Though, it would beg the question as to why her parents... assuming she had those in this world had not filed any reports.

Shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:54 pm
"It's... Delta union beta hotel sierra lima alpha india November echo," said the unknown caller. "I thought she was just on vacation. She has permission to practice at a studio in New York City. She always comes back with the new semester? We're in college. Sophomores. Um, she mentioned she was mad at a friend of hers. Shiloh Beaumont? And she was worried about her boyfriend. Ezra had just been in a car accident. He got burned really, really badly, was in the hospital for months. I've seen him but he hasn't seen her, he says they broke up?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:49 pm
At that, Shun quickly scrambled to try and jot that down. He hadn't quite expected it to be spelled in that manner. He probably made a mistake.

The names Shiloh and Ezra piqued his interest. He wasn't sure where to find Ezra right now, but maybe Shiloh knew something. Though, given his history with Melany in the old world, he was having some trouble seeing the two as friends.

"I will have to try and speak with them both if possible, then. Do you know where I can find them? Also, what is the name of the studio in New York?"

Shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:58 pm
She gave the name of the studio. "Ezra studies music composition at the college. He's a grad student? And Shiloh I think goes there too. He's in the humanities, I think."

There was a little pause. "You'll find her, won't you? I'm really worried..."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:07 pm
"I will do all I can to find her. If I promise to do this much, will you tell me who you are and who gave you this number? I am a man of my word and I will stick to that no matter how outlandish your answer might be."

He couldn't guarantee that he could find Melany, but he would certainly try. The irony of the situation considering just a few months ago he wanted to kill her was not lost on him.

Times were different.

Shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:09 pm
There was a long silence. "My name's Minerva Mercer," she said. "My, um. Jeremiah gave me this number."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:17 pm
Shun stopped at that. Mercer?

Tonight was full of unexpected things. This also begged the question as to why Jeremiah would forward her this number instead of... his actual cellphone. Or bring this up personally. Or a number of other questions that were currently circling around in his head.

After a moment or so to try and let this sink in, he quietly answered, "I promise I will do what I can to find Melany, Minerva."

Shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:19 pm
"Thank you, Detective Kuroda," said Minerva. "I have to go now. Will you call me back if you find her?"

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces